Breaking News:Cousins Officially Deregistered from the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

what i wanna know is how much did the eagles board pay the afl to back them up. cousins has done nuffin. drug charges were dropped against him. whay did the eagles want cousins out of the afl so bad?? did they have something to hide or did benny uncover somethin. either way this poor guy has been rail roaded. its pathetic and i hope he sues both west coast and the afl. where is the players association in all of this ?? why aint they backing ben cousins and talking care of him. now i know that the players association is a made up organisation for ex footballers so they have a income.

That made me laugh, thanks

and kills sonny forelli
:D :D F--king comedy gold.

This is a joke. Basically he's being charged by the AFL for refusing a drugs test, something EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY HAS A RIGHT TO DO. FFS what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

This is a joke. Basically he's being charged by the AFL for refusing a drugs test, something EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY HAS A RIGHT TO DO. FFS what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

The way some legal regulations are written (like Road Traffic Regulations for instance), they are classified as 'absolute'.
So refusal to do something that is required by regulation, is in itself proof or wrong doing.

I am assuming you have never read the WADA drug code. You can be suspended for a larger period of time under that code for NOT taking a drug test, for what ever reason. You are assumed guilty, due to your refusal.

The way some legal regulations are written (like Road Traffic Regulations for instance), they are classified as 'absolute'.
So refusal to do something that is required by regulation, is in itself proof or wrong doing.

Agreed 95% of the time.

But in this case as Cousins did not have illegal drugs therefore, his defence will have the refusing a blood test charge thrown out due to the fact he felt "he was being targeted and felt he was being framed" as he told the police the drugs were not illegal yet they still announced he was guilty of having illegal drugs in his possesion.

If Cousins has brought the game into disrupute with refusing a bloodtest (and his defence will say he refused to protect himself), why was Krakour not charged with the same or Chris Tarrant for being found guilty by his club for flashing his arse at a chick and punching a polatition. Jeff Farmer for well anything he has done over the past 5 years, any of the drink driving charges that have occured over the past 10 years. There is a player I know of that has a AVO out on him and cant go within 100 meters of his ex-girlfrind because of assault... and so on.

All of these in my eyes are worse than refusing a blood test when you "do so for your own protection" - The AFL has now found him guilty of a charge that the courts have not made a ruling on yet... and when Cousins gets off the charge the AFL is they have still de-registered cousins will in other words have said the the courts got it wrong and Cousins in guilty of a crime. You cannot bring the game into disrepute if you have not been guilty of a crime unless you verbally bag out the AFL (something the AFL has never done before - just fines for this)... and we all know Cousins hasn't said a thing wrong... as he hasn't said a thing. I seriously believe that heads are going to roll over this whole situation as the whole thing stinks of "slur campaign" - I really hope Ben and his lawyers put the AFL and WCE in their place, they took the law into their own hands... very prematurely.

he is still on WCE list

From afl.com.au

Ben Cousins has been retained on the West Coast list, despite being sacked by the club. In a statement, the Eagles said he would not be officially delisted until after the NAB AFL National Draft.

“Ben’s contract has been terminated, however, the West Coast Eagles are duty bound to protect the best interests of the club going forward, particularly in regard to the very strict terms and conditions the AFL has surrounding the draft and player payment rules,” the statement said.

Now all the AFL has to do is penalise west coast, possibly with draft pick confescation. If one of their players makes one more mistake that is, fine them for bringing the game into disrepute for not controlling their players, and being too soft on them.

It don't mesn sh-it as he will contest it and the AFLPA will be right behind him every step. It will go to the High court and he will b allowed to play AFL football again. The AFL r tripping on this one. ****en fools

I think we as fans should charge the AFL administration with bringing the game into disrepute!!!

*hands in the back
*17th licence
*stand over tactics
*making the game like netball
*taking out the biff

:thumbsdown:

Lets take vlad on!

The players association have backed cousins and said they will support him in his efforts to play again.
  • I think hands in the back is a good rule. If you go back and watch Richmond's gf wins, you'll see there are no hands in the back. Maybe it is what Richmond needs to get another.
  • What is wrong with having another team to expand the game further?
  • Stand over tactics? Fancy them trying to get what they want. At least they are tough and have the courage of their convictions.
  • How is the game like netball? I don't know if you have seen netball before.
  • Taking out the biff? Your a knob if you think we should still be having punch ons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• I think hands in the back is a good rule. If you go back and watch Richmond's gf wins, you'll see there are no hands in the back. Maybe it is what Richmond needs to get another.
  • What is wrong with having another team to expand the game further?
  • Stand over tactics? Fancy them trying to get what they want. At least they are tough and have the courage of their convictions.
  • How is the game like netball? I don't know if you have seen netball before.
  • Taking out the biff? Your a knob if you think we should still be haing punch ons.
Good to see the Eagles supporters following their club into bed with the AFL.

[/LIST]Good to see the Eagles supporters following their club into bed with the AFL.

Childish.

He makes valid points and you follow it up with this?

Thats just rubbish. :thumbsdown:

Wonder where the yellow card came from? :rolleyes:

Childish.

He makes valid points and you follow it up with this?

Thats just rubbish. :thumbsdown:

Wonder where the yellow card came from?

FWIW I disagree with most of greennick's points.

West Coast turned their backs on Cousins, probably after an ultimatum from the AFL (which supports the 'standover tactics' comment). Nisbett's "We feel betrayed" comment after Cousins 'went missing' suggests they're now toeing the AFL line.

Yellow card came free. I guess Visy had a surplus thanks to Pratt's ill-gotten gains. :p

Pretty contradictory statements there Leftfooter - first you say he is a drug addict, then second you say he hasn't been caught, both true accounts, so the AFL should sit back and do nothing - i will humour you on this one and ask - if the AFL do nothing, Ben plays next year, hasn't kicked his habit which you say he is an addict, and due to his heart racing a million miles an hour he has a stroke/heart attack on the footy field - how negligent do you think the AFL would be - as a lawyer it is obvious where the AFL is coming from, so answer that question smart guy!

Nothing contradictory at all. No need to humour me, you agree with both statements.
Simple solution drug test him before the game, and as you appear more concerned about the AFL coffers than the health of players, wouldn't it be better to test them all? just in case someone had too many red bulls or cups of coffee.
Didn't know they had 12 year old lawyers, but as a lawyer you make a good plumber.

West Coast turned their backs on Cousins, probably after an ultimatum from the AFL (which supports the 'standover tactics' comment).

West Coast have never 'turned their backs' on Ben.

Yes, they got an ultimatum. They probably got a few, and gave Ben a few in turn.

Nisbett's "We feel betrayed" comment after Cousins 'went missing' suggests they're now toeing the AFL line.

WC have to toe the AFL line on this matter. It's absurd that so many here still think that Ned Kelly was some sort of hero rather than a murdering psycopath and believe the Eagles should follow the Benny/Ned self-destructive way.

Ben's not a hero any more. We (Eagles management and supporters) want to concentrate on our future, and the future of some 40 other players who want to get their chance, as they deserve to.

Not having a go at you personally but that is the single biggest pile of horse shit I have heard in a very long time.

Agreed

What I think has happened is the AFL finally got a lawyer who knows what their on about

The AFL as an Industry body needs a discipline body like all the others. You can't just deregister someone without a reason or process. Which is what the AFL was originally saying

So they AFL charges him, the tribunal finds him guilty, penalty deregistered

Cousins takes it to Supreme Court and gets Millions

Vlad might stop him playing next year, thats about it

Now all the AFL has to do is penalise west coast, possibly with draft pick confescation. If one of their players makes one more mistake that is, fine them for bringing the game into disrepute for not controlling their players, and being too soft on them.

Why should the eagles get penalised??? Seriously a f***ed up idea to say the least, how much control can you have on a player? Only so much, you can warn them and lay the law down and penalised them appropriately when they f***ed up or so, but ffs its not like they can be chained up and watched 24/7 :rolleyes: Lets not forget, how many players have been done something bad of late and been in the spotlight??? Not many, I see they are lacking control of heir players when 2 stuff up :rolleyes:

Seriously clutching at straws like the bloody media, which mind you has had a good hand at trying to make the Eagles look like some seriously out of control maniac club. Remember there are about 35+ other players that haven't got into trouble and/or are staying out of trouble.

Why should the eagles get penalised??? Seriously a f***ed up idea to say the least, how much control can you have on a player? .

AFL made it VERY clear to the executive, footy dept adn leadership group that any more off field indescretions will lead to the club being punished.

This was a last chance warning given by the AFL after multiple incidents. The AFL are basically saying to the players "you are accountable for your actions" to us and to your club.

Every single player would have been made aware of this. The players have a responsibility to do the right thing, including Cousins.

AFL made it VERY clear to the executive, footy dept adn leadership group that any more off field indescretions will lead to the club being punished.

This was a last chance warning given by the AFL after multiple incidents. The AFL are basically saying to the players "you are accountable for your actions" to us and to your club.

Every single player would have been made aware of this. The players have a responsibility to do the right thing, including Cousins.

Yes true but as I said they cant completely control everyone not matter what as long as the penalty is appropriate for ones that did disobey. Look at the Cousins situation, they acted (rather hastily imo) and because of all this crap they did it before anything was actually proven (and still isn't finished).

It would be very inappropriate for the club to be penalised, the AFL would be a complete F*** up if it did. The Cousins situation is another f*** up that's been blown way out of proportion thanks to the media scums and the AFL are idiots for charging him for bringing the game into distribute. Why don't they go after the media as well, considering there involved too with there made up lies along the way :rolleyes:

Anyway over it now, I'll await AFL's decision before giving it anymore thought.

West Coast have never 'turned their backs' on Ben.

Yes, they got an ultimatum. They probably got a few, and gave Ben a few in turn.

WC have to toe the AFL line on this matter. It's absurd that so many here still think that Ned Kelly was some sort of hero rather than a murdering psycopath and believe the Eagles should follow the Benny/Ned self-destructive way.

Ben's not a hero any more. We (Eagles management and supporters) want to concentrate on our future, and the future of some 40 other players who want to get their chance, as they deserve to.
They have turned their backs on him by sacking him mate.

FWIW I disagree with most of greennick's points.

West Coast turned their backs on Cousins, probably after an ultimatum from the AFL (which supports the 'standover tactics' comment). Nisbett's "We feel betrayed" comment after Cousins 'went missing' suggests they're now toeing the AFL line.

Yellow card came free. I guess Visy had a surplus thanks to Pratt's ill-gotten gains. :p

The West Coast Eagles have betrayed Cousins as much as he them.

They knew he had serious problems, but as long as he was performing on the footy field, they were happy to swee them under the rug.

Then, they rushed him back midway through the season because they were struggling, when he should've spent a hell of a lot longer in rehab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Breaking News:Cousins Officially Deregistered from the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back