Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

More quality work from Andrew Hamilton in his article on Jonathan Browns 200th. This paragraph stands out:
"...Brendan Fevola, had shoulder surgery this week but is expected to be fit to join the team for their exhibition game against Melbourne in Shanghai in October."

Full article here

Study - who do Aussie women want to marry?

OPPOSITION leader Tony Abbott may be running for the country's top job, but he's at the bottom of the list of desirable hubbies for Aussie women. A study has rated Mr Abbott alongside bad boys AFL footballer Brendan Fevola, golfer Tiger Woods and actor Russell Crowe, whose partner-appeal was in also the doldrums.

fevola114.jpg

Adductor pulled off the bone, 13-16 week layoff according to the Footy Show.
I'm not shocked. He's not one to fake injuries. He's not one to push through them either, but if his body's right he's a match-winner.

if this is an injury made worse by continuing to play fev- our medical team should be under the pump

Head physio Nathan Carlos and Strength and Conditioning guru Lachie Penfold are both on the way out.

Hope Fev comes back fit and firing and has an absolute blinder next year to shut up all the "negative nigels" once and for all. I have been defending the Fev decision all year to family, friends and fellow AFL supporting workmates. Have copped a ribbing from them after the losses which have been coming thick and fast lately .:D He is still a great player and if he can get fit I think the decision to get him will be the right one.

Just saw a commercial for the footy show and Fevola was set to appear, also mentioned that it will be tell all exclusive, can of worms imminent.

I’m not going to watch it, dislike the footy show and what it stands for, it’s up there with woman’s day!

Our top 10 crowd-pleasers

1. Lance Franklin (Hawthorn)
2. Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
3. Gary Ablett (Geelong)
4. Jack Riewoldt (Richmond)
5. Steve Johnson (Geelong)
6. Alan Didak (Collingwood)
7. Adam Goodes (Sydney)
8. Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda)
9. Brendan Fevola (Brisbane Lions)
10. Aaron Davey (Melbourne)

Even the frailties of Franklin make him endearing: the fact he might miss from 30 metres out, straight in front, then slot one from over his shoulder on the boundary. His myriad physical gifts are matched by human failings, a little like Brendan Fevola, whose post-high goals from 50 metres have given him rock-star status for a decade. Love or hate Fevola, you have to watch him. He demands it.

fevola38.jpg

Source.

Lions in standoff with Brendan Fevola
Andrew Hamilton Herald Sun August 20, 2010

BRENDAN Fevola and Brisbane are at loggerheads over the club's refusal to grant him his full annual leave entitlement and its insistence he stays in Brisbane in the off-season.

Fevola has been told he faces 16 weeks' rehabilitation from recent groin surgery.

He has agreed to the Lions' demands to cancel a planned trip to the US, but he is not budging on his wish to spend his leave in Melbourne, closer to his estranged wife, Alex, and three daughters.

The AFL Players' Association said Fevola was entitled to eight weeks leave under the game's collective bargaining agreement.

Lions chief executive Michael Bowers confirmed the club had been forced to intervene in Fevola's holiday plans to ensure he was fit for the opening game of 2011.

Brendan Fevola reveals his dark demons
  • Wes Hosking
  • August 20, 2010 12:15AM

"I haven't had a punt for a good six months probably, which is good," he said. He revealed halfway through last year his gambling hit a low, betting money he didn't have. "Money that I didn't have in the first place was going not through my hands - straight to the bookies."

Showing a tender side, Fevola said it was difficult being away from his wife and three children, especially baby Lulu, when they moved back to Melbourne. "Not seeing her grow for the first couple of months was pretty tough, obviously, being in Queensland," he said. "But we Skype each other, and she sits there and she knows it's me, and tries to hit the screen," he said."It gets pretty emotional."

fevola.jpg

Fevola must do rehab for 'career's sake'
Laine Clark
August 20, 2010 - 3:54PM

"It's important for him to spend some time with his family no doubt about it - (but) it's a difficult situation with his kids being in another state" Brown said. "Because of the significance of the injury he has to spend some time in solid rehab just for his own career's sake. The early weeks of rehab are pretty crucial. He needs to tick all the boxes in this rehab to get back to the Coleman Medal-winning form".

No stranger to injury, Brown said he could feel for Fevola but hoped the reigning Coleman Medallist could take inspiration from St Kilda captain Nick Reiwoldt's successful comeback. "Any time muscle gets ripped away from the bone it's got to be taken pretty seriously," Brown said. "It's a big injury, a pretty rare one in Australian sport. But the surgery seems to have gone really well. I suppose you can liken it to the Nick Reiwoldt injury, (with) a similar length of rehab".

brown71.jpg

Fevola: I Could Still Be A Blue
Triple M

Brisbane Lions full-forward Brendan Fevola told Triple M’s Hot Breakfast on Friday that a simple heartfelt apology could have saved him from being traded by Carlton at the end of last year.

“Maybe that might have been a better situation to jump on top of it early but they (The Footy Show) dragged it out and played the (Street Talk) footage,” Fevola said.

When asked directly by Eddie McGuire if he thought that a sincere apology would have enhanced his chances of remaining at Carlton, the 29-year-old replied: “Maybe so.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly terrible interview on TFS last night I thought. He rarely talked about anything I wanted to hear.

Link

With Carlton's $250,000 contribution to Fevola's back-loaded three-year contract finishing this year, the Lions are believed to be up for as much as $1.9 m over the next two years.

I find that difficult to believe. Admittedly given the "up to" there's probably a strong performance-based component but $950k a year is a huge amount. If it's accurate (and the infamous "are believed to be" makes its comeback) then I'm harbouring stronger doubts about the wisdom of getting Fev last year.

Whats this crap about Fev having a late night out and possibly facing action from Brisbane?

Source? Nothing on any of the online news pages. If this were the case you'd think the media would be on it like a fly on shit, which is what I'd say this is.

Craig Hutchison reported in the Herald Sun today that Fev was arriving at Revolver (bar) very early in the morning.

Couldn't find a link for the article but it was in today's paper.

Read something about it in the paper today and it said he was reportedly seen entering the Revolver early in the night. Nothing wrong with that unless he ended up having a big one but nothing like that was reported to have occured. A non-incident IMO unless more details emerge.

Read something about it in the paper today and it said he was reportedly seen entering the Revolver early in the night. Nothing wrong with that unless he ended up having a big one but nothing like that was reported to have occured. A non-incident IMO unless more details emerge.

Confrimed; went with a workmates b/f. Not a major night it seems.

Michael Voss clears Brendan Fevola
  • Jon Ralph
  • August 23, 2010 12:00AM
"One of the things we agreed upon was that he came home this week and relaxed and so you would half expect he might have a couple of drinks and unwind.

"So for us it's about making sure he still looks after himself and gets the necessary rehab and he has communicated to us he is going to be back in Queensland next week, he is going to go away for another week and then will be back for another couple of weeks to finalise his rehab."

Fev in hot water
7.54AM 24-8-2010
By Jacqui Reed

Brisbane Lions coach Michael Voss admits he hasn't spoken to Brendan Fevola about reports he was seen at a Melbourne nightclub at dawn on Saturday morning.

Voss has told Fox Sports that he will be investigating the claims. "I've got to follow that, and if that is (the case), that is unacceptable," Voss said.

fevola121.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back