Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

Link

Voss said he had decided to wait until Fevola returned to Brisbane on Tuesday before discussing it with the reigning Coleman Medallist.

"I don't think it (warrants) a telephone call," Voss said. "You talk about football clubs being about people then it is something you should do face to face surely - (but) I haven't spoken to him yet. He has been away for a week. I have just got back from Melbourne, he arrives back today - if that (face to face meeting) needs to be done at that time then we will do that."

Fevola, 29, kicked 48 goals in 17 games in his debut year for the Lions, an effort that Voss admitted did not deserve a "tick".

Hey Fev, Tomkins is right
  • Robyn Riley
  • August 22, 2010 12:00AM
I CAUGHT a glimpse of Brendan Fevola on The Footy Show talking about his demons, drinking and gambling - and how miserable they had made him. Was I the only one not moved by his tell-all? To me the footy bad boy has not grown a lot in his few months away from Melbourne and the spotlight.

He did accept responsibility for his drunken antics at the 2009 Brownlow Medal - but only after prodding by co-host Garry Lyon and not before he expressed disappointment that Channel 9 had aired the segment. Sorry, but to me it was more a lament than a life lesson. He may genuinely feel sorry for the people he has hurt along the way, but Fevola still seems to be mostly sorry for himself.

fevola116.jpg

What a ludicrous article. I really don't get the point of comparing a 45 year old rower's decision to retire with Fevola's situation.

Dealer loses in Brendan Fevola gamble
  • Jon Anderson
  • August 27, 2010 12:00AM
BRISBANE Lions' decision last summer to deal with Carlton for Brendan Fevola is fast becoming the biggest AFL draft blunder in 25 years.

It began with Daniel Bradshaw and Michael Rischitelli being offered to Carlton in exchange for Fevola. When the Bradshaw-Rischitelli deal fell over, Carlton accepted a new package that included a 20-year-old key forward named Lachie Henderson and draft pick 12. Then there are Jared Brennan and Josh Drummond - the final pieces of the Fevola deal. Brennan and Drummond both want a lot more money than the Lions are able to offer them. The reason they can't offer more? Because they committed so much to Fevola to get him to the Gabba.

fevola76.jpg

Link

Appropriately it was with Brendan Fevola sitting in the stands watching as Lachie Henderson played one of his best games for Carlton last Friday night.

Appropriately, Henderson was walking obediently in chill waters the next morning with teammates at recovery as Fevola was strutting into a nightclub and stepping into potentially far warmer waters. Much of the talk of matters loosely considered football at the weekend was of Fevola and little of that was of his football. It was of the carnival that is Brendan Fevola.

Carlton officials smiled at the fact that it was no longer their issue. The player who replaced him - Henderson - is no issue at all.

Voss not forthcoming over Fevola antics
Laine Clark
August 27, 2010 - 3:14PM

Everyone has an opinion on polarising AFL footballer Brendan Fevola - everyone it seems, except Brisbane Lions coach Michael Voss. As the curtain draws on the Lions' miserable season, Voss sidestepped criticism of Fevola's controversial recruitment on Friday. And he was just as elusive when asked if he had spoken to the reigning Coleman Medallist about his latest misdemeanor.

The heat Voss has copped for recruiting Fevola this year has reached a whole new temperature as the season winds down against the high flying Swans.

Haha, how desperate is the media for more Fev controversy.

It's so funny how you see all these media types Twittering stuff like "Sick of hearing about Fevola... boring! blah blah blah" and now they are begging for more like hogs at the trough.

Give them nothing Vossy. Whip those parasites into a frenzy.

But he will be remembered more for his off-field exploits which included the Lara Bingle photo drama, admitting to a chronic gambling addiction and the fallout from his infamous Brownlow Medal performance.

Haha, two of those "off-field exploits" pre-date his trade to Brisbane, and the other one, seeking help for a gambling addiction, is hardly something to condemn him for.

Starting to grasp John's distate for journos. If there is no news, they'll just create it.

The real Fev story is how the club decided to pay him such a generous salary. The rest is just tripe.

It's crunch time for Fevola

WHAT a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago, had Brendan Fevola been reported to have entered - read entered - a nightclub at 7.30am, the story would have vied for front-page news of at least one daily Melbourne paper and created endless debate and conjecture across all forms of media.

His football club would have been under siege for a couple of days, meetings would have been held and threats and punishments sternly dispensed.

But that was 2009. Come 2010 and the care factor where ''Fev'' is concerned has dropped off considerably.

Im also liking how they are now linking the Fev trade not only to losing Bradshaw, Riska, Pick 12 and Hendo, but now every player we don't sign during this off season is going to be because we can't afford them because of Fev.

Im also liking how they are now linking the Fev trade not only to losing Bradshaw, Riska, Pick 12 and Hendo, but now every player we don't sign during this off season is going to be because we can't afford them because of Fev.

well in some ways it's true.. if we didn't have fev we probably would be able to afford to increase brennan/rischa/drummo's contract..

We were watching Fev in the stands last night. Seemed more than happy to sign jumpers and balls for most of the night. There was a constant stream of fans lining up and Fev was happy to oblige. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have just finished reading an article in todays H/S about the final of Dancing with the Stars tonight...it quoted Alex as saying she was in Melbourne for good and not going anywhere..

Hope Fev joins her..

Couldn't disagree more, every experienced player we do lose is diretly related to the recruitment of Fevola...looks like a fantastic trade doesn't it.:rolleyes:

well in some ways it's true.. if we didn't have fev we probably would be able to afford to increase brennan/rischa/drummo's contract..

Spot on.:thumbsu:

it quoted Alex as saying she was in Melbourne for good and not going anywhere..

Hope Fev joins her..

Absolutely, the sooner the parasite is out the better.

I would think 95% of supporters are very angry at the moment but some decorum has to be exercised. Lets hope, as I have posted before, the club comes to its senses and moves Fevola on. Or, better still, he requests a trade back home. I love the club and always will regardless but I must say I am quite disgruntled with a few of the recent decisions around the place.

Fev to Collingwood. Let us hope.

Link

THE Lions had at least one win to take away from the disasters of 2010. The Melbourne media voted the Lions' decision to use the national draft to secure Brendan Fevola from Carlton as the biggest AFL draft blunder . . . ever.

fevola118.jpg

Heh "worst trade deal ever". Sure.

"Ever" in the AFL media. AKA "In the last two years".

See also: "Best (player/position/team/mark/goal) of the (year/decade/century/millenium/alltime)".

Sure some believe that Brisbane looked the fool for the fev trade and that’s there opinion which they are entitled, even voss labeled it a failure of sorts, now my point in simple terms
1) 2009 – 2010 We trade for fev – it didn’t work (what ever the reason) end result we look like a basketcase
2) We move fev on, pay out his contract and go further into salary cap pressure plus loss some players because of it. End result we look like fools.
3) 2011 fev playing for another team overcomes injury, Lara Bingle and the media’s biased views and kicks 60-70 plus goals. End result we look like bigger fools.
4) Brisbane has the honor for the worst trade ever in history two years in a row (brilliant……not)

Fev stays hits the track and wins us games next year

Heh "worst trade deal ever". Sure.

"Ever" in the AFL media. AKA "In the last two years".

See also: "Best (player/position/team/mark/goal) of the (year/decade/century/millenium/alltime)".

Hyperbole in the media? Well I never!

In Melbourne in the past ten years there have been five "once in a century" storms (as proclaimed by a straight-faced media).

If they weren't so destructive it would be amusing (and I'm not talking about the storms).

had a couple of mates at the RE last night, spotted Fev, they said he was getting photos with many girls who were basically "dry humping" him.. on ya fev!

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back