Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

AFL Talking Points - Finals week 2

Let's take it from the top. Fev. Paid way too much to get him, need to get this sorted swiftly, and hope he has a big summer making an impression on the training ground. One report on Sunday suggested Fevola's senior teammates believe the full-forward could have been unfairly victimised by the Lions and the AFL. It's messy to say the least.

fevola53.jpg

With respect, I think you have missed my point entirely.

Can I put it another way- how many of Fev's teammates spotted around town:

*are being paid $860k or whatever over the next 2 seasons

*are almost 29 years of age

*finished the last season [my estimate] 10-15kg's overweight and a total liability

*are coming off a very serious medical procedure requiring intensive rehab

*and last, but by no means least, have Fev's reputation, deserved or otherwise, with the associated potential to adversely affect the club and his fellow players.

I am not a Fev basher- by and large I think he did ok this past season, and I think a lot of the stuff thrown at him is pretty trivial. But I think he may have only another 1 or 2 seasons left, and it's really up to him to maximise his chances, and up to us to set the parameters to allow this.

Yeah, i can see where your coming from, and i do kind of agree. You don't want him doing anything that is putting himself at risk as such. But to me, this is the only time he is allowed to go out of blow off steam. As long as when the club calls them back in he is back and committed im happy.

Fevola: Lions allege eight contract breaches
Michael Gleeson
September 15, 2010

THE Brisbane Lions appear to be compiling their case for the sacking of Brendan Fevola, with the club seeking a meeting with the suspended full-forward where he will be asked to respond to eight alleged breaches. Fevola is said to be bewildered by some of the issues or incidents raised by the club.

The spearhead has hired lawyers to represent him with the club and the police in its investigation of a complaint of indecent exposure against him. Lawyers sent a letter to the club advising that Fevola was not prepared to meet Lions officials until the club had outlined the particulars of the alleged breaches.

Brisbane Lions Report Card

Negatives from this year: He sports a buzz cut, a permanent four day growth and has a penchant for online poker, all night benders and, depending on who you believe, dropping his strides at family picnics. Where does one begin with Fev? He was always going to be a boom or bust recruit but suffice to say, 2010 was all bust for the former Coleman medalist and doubly so for the club that took such a risk on him. He showed moments of brilliance, particularly in the early rounds and in the deciding moments against Collingwood. But his bad was very bad and in terms of extracurricular activities, completely destabilising.

Link

THE one-man media frenzy that is Brendan Fevola. There are entire Hollywood studio publicity departments that would commit anything short of murder to garner the kind of blanket media coverage for their latest cinematic blot on worldwide megaplexes that this guy collects effortlessly on a regular basis. No one knows how the investigation will come out, but if there was something strange this week, it was not that Fevola was subsequently banned from a club best-and-fairest function, but that, initially, anyone had thought it would be a great idea to have him turn up at a ''family fun day''.

It now appears we could have given away Hendo, and pick 12 for a player who may not even play next season...and Fev.

Hendo and pick 12 are last years news. Looks like we screwed the pooch in giving them away but in terms of our list going forward it doesn't affect our decision making from here on out.

If the club has cause to sack him, that decision has to be made on it's merits. Namely "Is Fevola and his baggage worth keeping at his contract price or should we pull the plug".

Holding onto him at all costs in an attempt to justify the trade is no way to be operating.

Hendo and pick 12 are last years news. Looks like we screwed the pooch in giving them away but in terms of our list going forward it doesn't affect our decision making from here on out.

If the club has cause to sack him, that decision has to be made on it's merits. Namely "Is Fevola and his baggage worth keeping at his contract price or should we pull the plug".

Holding onto him at all costs in an attempt to justify the trade is no way to be operating.

Yeah I know, I'm just a little bit jilted at the moment having heard the news about Brennan. I'm a little bit torn as to whether I hope he plays next year and is innocent, or if we can get away with terminating his contract with minimal impact on our cap.

well when you consider Hendo asked for a trade when he saw a opportunity suggests that he was always going to leave. He had trade value last season, but another average season at the lions this year would have seen his value plummet...best we can hope for is that Fev's name is cleared and we can get a first round pick from the pies after they lose Cloke...that would be about as good as we would get for henderson anyway.

The pick 12 is what hurts...and watching Grimes play well at the demons and TJ, well turn into a hobo player by looks and ability will hurt even more watching another potential pick developing at the blues in Kane Lucas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well when you consider Hendo asked for a trade when he saw a opportunity suggests that he was always going to leave. He had trade value last season, but another average season at the lions this year would have seen his value plummet...best we can hope for is that Fev's name is cleared and we can get a first round pick from the pies after they lose Cloke...that would be about as good as we would get for henderson anyway.

The pick 12 is what hurts...and watching Grimes play well at the demons and TJ, well turn into a hobo player by looks and ability will hurt even more watching another potential pick developing at the blues in Kane Lucas

It was minus Hendo and pick 12 but plus pick 27...but not necessarily Lucas (or Grimes for that matter) and if we replace Hendo with someone better...so what? - I once thought we hit late draft pick jackpots with Hooper and Dalziell...life goes on.

As TBD says that is all in the past and irretrievable - where we go now is what matters.

John Ralph

Teammates might be backing him in, but to say housemate Troy Selwood will deny Fevola was involved is not quite right. Selwood was close to Fevola when the alleged incident took place, but cannot confirm or deny anything specific. He is unsure exactly what happened and did not hear the specifics of the exchange between Fevola and the mother.

As for Fevola, the Sunday Herald Sun reported he was off to Las Vegas until told he would need to be spoken to by police. For a man with a self-confessed gambling addiction and a clear alcohol problem, that decision says it all.

fevola54.jpg

Link

Breaking his silence on the controversy today, the 29-year-old pleaded his innocence. "Hopefully the truth will come out when I speak to the police and (I can) get back to pre-season training," Fevola told Channel Nine. "It's been pretty tough, so yeah, just looking forward to it all being finished."

But Fevola, who is still in Brisbane, said he had been buoyed by the support of family and friends and would soon return to Victoria. "They've been great. Looking forward to going back and seeing the kids and giving them a big cuddle," he said.

Link

Black said he expected star forward Brendan Fevola, who is contracted for another two years but is currently under police investigation, to still be with the club next season.

Queensland police grill Brendan Fevola
  • Tony Sheahan
  • September 19, 2010 12:00AM

Fevola was grilled by detectives in Brisbane for more than 2 1/2 hours about claims he indecently exposed himself to a mother of four during the football club family fun day. Fevola's teammate and alleged witness Troy Selwood was also questioned for up to four hours on Thursday.

Sources have told the Sunday Herald Sun Fevola told police the woman propositioned him and gave the 29-year-old her phone number. The woman's husband is thought to have discovered the number exchange and confronted his wife. No charges have been laid.

Link

One surprise guest of the night was Brendan Fevola's estranged wife Alex, who sprinted past the media. After bad boy Brendan's antics last year - which included hurling abuse at his then seven month pregnant wife, vomiting and making lewd suggestions at passing WAGS and putting his football buddies in a series of headlocks - one would have thought the Brownlow blue carpet was the last place Alex would appear. But the heavily tanned WAG sprinted past the cameras with news she was working at the Brownlow for New Idea magazine.

Link

HIS football life is on hold, but fallen star Brendan Fevola looked rapt in fatherhood today. Back in Melbourne while Queensland police determine his future, Fevola treated his daughters - Mia, 10, Leni, 4, and Lulu, nine months - to lunch in Brighton.
Estranged wife Alex, who on Monday attended the Brownlow Medal - the scene of Fevola's drunken escapade last year - was nowhere to be seen.

She finally woke up and smelt the rose's about time.Go Alex

Grimreepah do think they will try and get him sacked anyway to free up salary cap space?

She finally woke up and smelt the rose's about time.Go Alex

Yeah, she stood by him when he kept getting in trouble, when he cheated on her, when he was sacked, but as soon as it became apparent he was broke she was out of there.

Grimreepah do think they will try and get him sacked anyway to free up salary cap space?

No. With Rischitelli gone, and seemingly Brennan and Sherman too, my guess is the salary cap is not so much of an issue now. Whether they want him is up for debate, but you'd think legal restraints would stop them doing anything other than treating his breaches (whatever they may be) on their merits.

Yeah, she stood by him when he kept getting in trouble, when he cheated on her, when he was sacked, but as soon as it became apparent he was broke she was out of there.

Epic :thumbsu:

No sight of Fevola result
September 27, 2010 - 4:55PM

Fevola's manager Peter Blucher told AAP he was unsure when police would announce their findings but he was hoping it would be sooner rather than later.

The police finding will have a bearing on Fevola's playing future but it's the timing of the announcement which is crucial to the Lions.
If the outcome is not known until December and the Lion were to delist

Fevola, the club will have missed vital opportunities to trade or draft to cover his loss.

fevola70.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back