News Brendan Gale to Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Benny with a red wine,Skating Away by Jethro Tull playing on the turntable as the fireplace warms his bones looking outside to deep forest and beach while eating Tassie oysters.
Life is good.

Beach Day Summer GIF by Lil Dicky

While I am freezing my arse off at the MCG after queueing for an hour to get my Dusty300 beanie then being only able to buy mid strength beer to watch the team get smashed by 8 goals ...

I have no idea what your response means in reference to the comment you are quoting?

What target of $1 million are you talking about & why the **** are we grabbing bricks campaigner?
Here it is ... evidence of how effective Gale's plan to address the $35M shortfall for the Grandstand Redevelopment ... RJK has zero knowledge of the Campaign and the $1 million dollar target ...

BTW, has anyone had the heart to tell Gale this campaign will need to run every year for the next 35 years to come up with money ... if he can secure an interest free loan from Latitude, that is 😜

While I am freezing my arse off at the MCG after queueing for an hour to get my Dusty300 beanie then being only able to buy mid strength beer to watch the team get smashed by 8 goals ...

Here it is ... evidence of how effective Gale's plan to address the $35M shortfall for the Grandstand Redevelopment ... RJK has zero knowledge of the Campaign and the $1 million dollar target ...

BTW, has anyone had the heart to tell Gale this campaign will need to run every year for the next 35 years to come up with money ... if he can secure an interest free loan from Latitude, that is 😜
There's other income streams, the club wouldn't be solely relying on the brick by brick scheme. And a modern Punt Road Oval could be used for all sorts of events once built, generating more income for the club.

There's other income streams, the club wouldn't be solely relying on the brick by brick scheme. And a modern Punt Road Oval could be used for all sorts of events once built, generating more income for the club.
Can it? we own Allied Leisure but do the plans include any health or leisure facilities for the local community?

Let's call a spade .. a spade ... rather than just swallowing all the spin

It appears to be space for Bachar Houli Foundation, KG Institute, our elite women footballers ... all noble causes

What will the average Richmond member get out of it? Looks to me like a pretty castle that all the Richmond Serfs will get to stare at in wonderment ... from the outside only.

Reminds me of the Maurice Rioli Club Foundation members who after playing finals in 2013 were told that their membership would only get access before games and they would have to pay double to go after games the following year.

Can it? we own Allied Leisure but do the plans include any health or leisure facilities for the local community?

Let's call a spade .. a spade ... rather than just swallowing all the spin

It appears to be space for Bachar Houli Foundation, KG Institute, our elite women footballers ... all noble causes

What will the average Richmond member get out of it? Looks to me like a pretty castle that all the Richmond Serfs will get to stare at in wonderment ... from the outside only.

Reminds me of the Maurice Rioli Club Foundation members who after playing finals in 2013 were told that their membership would only get access before games and they would have to pay double to go after games the following year.
mister bean magic.gif

how is it not?

He took another job & no one is shitty at him. He is leaving with everyone's well wishes from my understanding, including the supporters?
In general yes but this is the Richmond board so you can be assured some will downplay his contributions or be angry that he is leaving, we enjoyed great success under his leadership, that era is at an end and a new one begins, that's life.

Yeah i have zero interest in the re-devlopment of Richmond

Sorry am i only a real fan if i know every single on & off-field bullshit the club is involved in? Are we all meant to have too much time on our hands and have way too much knolwedge and time to dig through literally every nook and cranny going on at the club?

At least he is trying to do something mate. If your all over this shit, you go out and raise a million bucks to help out.

I pay next to nil interest in the off-field roles and redevelopment. Its not interesting at all to me. Im a sports fan ffs, i follow the "sports" side of it. Like we are meant to. Unless the off-field stuff is clearing interferring with the teams ability to mesh on-field, i care little. IE if coaches are having affairs with staff etc

In general yes but this is the Richmond board so you can be assured some will downplay his contributions or be angry that he is leaving, we enjoyed great success under his leadership, that era is at an end and a new one begins, that's life.

Then who? You're the one saying it and making comments so it looks like there are a plethora of fans that are back-stabbing him as he walks out the door.

From my immense time here, i see only positive reflections on Benny Gales time at the club. I see no real negative backlash or downplaying. Just concern that so many good people are leaving and being replaced by untried or underwhelming people

Then who? You're the one saying it and making comments so it looks like there are a plethora of fans that are back-stabbing him as he walks out the door.

From my immense time here, i see only positive reflections on Benny Gales time at the club. I see no real negative backlash or downplaying. Just concern that so many good people are leaving and being replaced by untried or underwhelming people
It's how Geelong stay competitive for so long.. people don't want to leave and people want to be in it.

Sorry am i only a real fan if i know every single on & off-field bullshit the club is involved in? Are we all meant to have too much time on our hands and have way too much knolwedge and time to dig through literally every nook and cranny going on at the club?

At least he is trying to do something mate. If your all over this shit, you go out and raise a million bucks to help out.

I pay next to nil interest in the off-field roles and redevelopment. Its not interesting at all to me. Im a sports fan ffs, i follow the "sports" side of it. Like we are meant to. Unless the off-field stuff is clearing interferring with the teams ability to mesh on-field, i care little. IE if coaches are having affairs with staff etc
Then it makes complete sense that you are posting your arse off in this thread about an off field role lol

How many games a year do u attend out of interest and are u a current member

I certainly don't disregard what Benny and for that matter Peggy and Dimma did for us, but two things, they all finished off some great work that had been started by others, it's not like they came in a waved a magic wand to transform us, it was years of work in the making.
Secondly I'm just worried that Benny has been a bit asleep at the wheel from after we won the 2020 premiership.
It's been a steady decline since then, which was always going to happen and yes it's easy in hindsight to say we got this or that wrong, but I feel he has had his head in going for the top AFL job for awhile and now he's off to Tassie, doefeel like he has been fully committed to the club for over 24 months with all this going on. And that he has been trying to get into the boys club makes it feel like he hasn't stood up to the AFL in our interests when he should have to not ruin his chances with the next job.
So from that point of view, the sooner he is gone and we have the right person as CEO that is 100% committed to the club and job with no other motivation the better.
We need all hands on deck doing the best job they can over the next 2-3 years or we could be in the wilderness for another long stretch.

How many games a year do u attend out of interest and are u a current member

Living in Brisbane - not many at all. My business relies on weekend work & me being here so i put that first,

But when i lived in Melbourne - every week from 1995-2009. Flew down for the 2017 prelim, stayed the week for the GF. Also was at 2020.

Was a lil tacker at punt road & windy hill for the "Save our Skins" stuff. Lived it all buddy. From a lil child to right now.

Not currently a member either. Don't believe in buying things i have no intention of using when i can spend that money on something memorable for my son. Cost of living is hard enough than me spending my familes hard earned on stuff we wont use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back