Tasmania Vs. Richmond - Will it be our new rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we know that some of the kids we currently have on the list wont also become damn good when they hit their prime

Sonsie - Showing great signs for a kid
Ryan - Could be anything in 3-4
Cumberland - Another player with X factor that could take his game to elite levels
Gibcus - From what we have see looks like a smart 200+ game player
Taranto & Hopper for the next 7-8 years
Campbell - This kid is exciting
Clarke - Sure had a couple of iffy games but 19 and less than 10 games
Brown - What if he lives up to pre draft expectations and is the next stewart in 5 years
Green ??
Smith ???

Fact is we really have so many kids that we just dont know what they will become
Cannot compare Kids to 30+ year old champs on what they did when they were 25-30
Come on mate. All signs, but none are yet showing any proof they are match winners. We were all gobbing off Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, etc right off the bat. Riewoldt won a Coleman at 21. Martin was winning games in his first year (Freo match winning goal), Cotchin was all class and polish pretty early. They are simply not on the list here.

Come on mate. All signs, but none are yet showing any proof they are match winners. We were all gobbing off Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, etc right off the bat. Riewoldt won a Coleman at 21. Martin was winning games in his first year (Freo match winning goal), Cotchin was all class and polish pretty early. They are simply not on the list here.
Yes but the likes of Edwards, Rance and Astbury had obvious flaws in the beginning

They were bright sparks in a dark period so we were all up and about regarding them. They also got opportunity earlier through necessity. The guys we have on our list now have limited opportunities by virtue of coming into a dynasty team. Some are showing sparks of being really really good players. They just need the opportunity to string games together and push up to that 50 game mark

Not comparing #2 Cotchin #3 Dusty or a Legend in Jack to any of the kids
But am saying most of these kids have been at the club 2 minutes

Edwards , Houli , Astbury , Rance all did nothing for 3-4-5 years and if you want to go back you will see sh!t posted about them every where as well
Pies have 3-4 players at most that would be lucky to get to our stars level but with a group of unknowns are ontop same with St Kilda

Not comparing #2 Cotchin #3 Dusty or a Legend in Jack to any of the kids
But am saying most of these kids have been at the club 2 minutes

Edwards , Houli , Astbury , Rance all did nothing for 3-4-5 years and if you want to go back you will see sh!t posted about them every where as well
Pies have 3-4 players at most that would be lucky to get to our stars level but with a group of unknowns are ontop same with St Kilda
I just think we must have 2-3 hard years before the drafts compromise to get that quality then swing for the fences again.

I just think we must have 2-3 hard years before the drafts compromise to get that quality then swing for the fences again.
These are no guarantee's to get players of the caliber of a cotchin or Dusty and in this period you are losing years of prime Bolton , Taranto , Balta , Baker , Rioli etc

Not too many teams that become cellar dwellers get back upto premiership contention
Sydney , Geelong , and even Collingwood are examples of being able to reset and go again and thats my line of thought

Pies are a great example of what can happen with a 'system based game' Richmond can and has enough talent already on the list to emulate this and not bottom out.

We are a destination club that gun free agents want to come to but buy bottoming out for 2-3 years these players will be thinking No they are not in the window.

I remember reading an article that surveyed Tasmanians and who they support in the AFL. IIRC it was:

16% Carlton
15% Richmond
15% St Kilda

With all the other teams quite far back.

I doubt they will ever be a rival with anyone. Why would they?

They will be just another expansion team that enters with fanfare with some poor schmuck being the face of the team. Then they'll **** up the concessions and have to get propped up by the AFL.

19 teams will be shit; even the AFL know this. This signals the end of North; they are gonna get the Fitzroy treatment and get sent to GWS because the AFL desperately wants to capture all the new Australians in the outer suburbs of Sydney.

It's probably a bigger win for GWS than Tasmania. I mean good luck to Tassie but I doubt they'll ever be any different to Freo.

I remember reading an article that surveyed Tasmanians and who they support in the AFL. IIRC it was:

16% Carlton
15% Richmond
15% St Kilda

With all the other teams quite far back.

I doubt they will ever be a rival with anyone. Why would they?

They will be just another expansion team that enters with fanfare with some poor schmuck being the face of the team. Then they'll * up the concessions and have to get propped up by the AFL.

19 teams will be s**t; even the AFL know this. This signals the end of North; they are gonna get the Fitzroy treatment and get sent to GWS because the AFL desperately wants to capture all the new Australians in the outer suburbs of Sydney.

It's probably a bigger win for GWS than Tasmania. I mean good luck to Tassie but I doubt they'll ever be any different to Freo.
Well they don’t have much to catch when it comes to freo lol. I believe with the right people in place. They will be more successful than the Suns. After that time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tasmania Vs. Richmond - Will it be our new rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back