Brendan McArdle - Call for Warney

Remove this Banner Ad

These are his stats from the Pro40 last year, he played 5 games in all

m O Mai Run Wi Ave BBE 4wi SR
[FONT=COURIER NEW,COURIER,MONOSPACE]SK Warne 5 21.5 3 71 8 8.87 4-14 1 - 16.3 3.25

And the last column is his E/R

Pretty impressive, then there is if he WANTS to play ODI cricket again, he seems
pretty content with the quiet life of the County Cricket scene...
[/FONT]

and he took 15 @ 17.06 with an E/R of 4.74 in the 50 over format, including one 6fer (His only List A 6 wicket haul) against a good Surrey side at Whitgift

But against England and SA he has been going for a lot more runs than he did previously and in TESTS. Imagine in one day matches when the batsmen take him on. But also in SA he had quite a few wickets as a result of poor decisions. Take a look at the 2nd innings in Durban, 3 of his 6 were as a result of shockers by the umpires.

Wow. This is really the mark of gutless desperation now.

You have failed. Failed miserably.

Have some decency and admit your failure.

I've always harboured a sneaking suspicion that Warney might come back for the WC - however, time is running out and it's looking less likely. I still think I'd prefer him in the side then not.

These are his stats from the Pro40 last year, he played 5 games in all

m O Mai Run Wi Ave BBE 4wi SR
[FONT=COURIER NEW,COURIER,MONOSPACE]SK Warne 5 21.5 3 71 8 8.87 4-14 1 - 16.3 3.25 [/FONT]

[FONT=COURIER NEW,COURIER,MONOSPACE]And the last column is his E/R[/FONT]

[FONT=COURIER NEW,COURIER,MONOSPACE]Pretty impressive, then there is if he WANTS to play ODI cricket again, he seems[/FONT]
[FONT=COURIER NEW,COURIER,MONOSPACE]pretty content with the quiet life of the County Cricket scene...[/FONT]

and he took 15 @ 17.06 with an E/R of 4.74 in the 50 over format, including one 6fer (His only List A 6 wicket haul) against a good Surrey side at Whitgift

County performances are irrelevant to international ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan McArdle - Call for Warney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back