Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
wow the blokes a man child, could be that hidden gem.

any ideas why he lasted this long? problems in his game?

Wow, 2.87s is fast in anyone's book, but for a big bullocking guy with his build that's lightning.

Also seems to be conflicitng reports of how many games he played this year? AFL.com draft tracker saying 13 games, but then on his bio it says he only played 8 games total this year?

If the latter is true, he may have significant scope for improvement in the right environment.

Freemanesque in size and pace.

remember this guy

Last edited:
Played with Marsh last year for WA I think? Good for a WA kid to have someone familiar making the move east.

Rapt to see Abbott come to the footy club. I would have preferred one or two others but as I mentioned he would be a great get for a club who was sure that his discipline issues were under control. Eagles and Freo were linked to him and was some comments leaving WA might not be on the cards but our blokes obviously ticked him off. He is aggressive this kid and will become a favourite pretty quickly. Raking left foot on him as well.

Gee can see the theme cant we - physical kids, can play a few different roles, all circa 185-7cm and are skillful. Love it!

SNOOP great pick up, he will take a couple of seasons to get fit and change his body shape and he will be a beauty for you.
I happen to know Brendan very well, he lives with a family friend in perth.
After he injured his leg and couldn't compete in the state testing he was very worried,
as WCE had stopped talking to him and hadn't had any contact from other clubs.
So glad Collingwood have given him a chance.
His kicking is very elite and so is his pace, endurance need lots of work and so do skin folds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROYAL EAGLE ....He is listed as a defender, midfielder, forward and seems to have been played all over the place. Where do you see him settling long term? Or is he going to be one of those players that moves from position to position depending on the situation of the team?

Edit: Silent Alarm , perhaps you can shed some light on this also? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
He be a Help for the VFL Side but his Size I have doubts IF he can get fit enough to play AFL

Dave, let's be honest, you know 2/5ths of stuff all about him. You may be correct, but only time will tell.

Rookie picks are generally speculative, so in general you'd expect them to spend a lot of time in the reserves first.

Rapt to see Abbott come to the footy club. I would have preferred one or two others but as I mentioned he would be a great get for a club who was sure that his discipline issues were under control. Eagles and Freo were linked to him and was some comments leaving WA might not be on the cards but our blokes obviously ticked him off. He is aggressive this kid and will become a favourite pretty quickly. Raking left foot on him as well.

Gee can see the theme cant we - physical kids, can play a few different roles, all circa 185-7cm and are skillful. Love it!

Hine must really Rate this Kid to take a Risk like that

Dave, let's be honest, you know 2/5ths of stuff all about him. You may be correct, but only time will tell.
From coaches in WA think he is a freak for his size and could be anything with the right program over time with development as he is a hard match up. i cant wait to watch this time go by and see what he might be :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back