Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to hear Eddie speak about him this morning. Spoke about came from hard side of life, has coped with it and moved on, dedicated himself to footy and did well this year and of all the draftees eddie spoken to over years said he was the one that was keenest to make a go of it. also heard carmody speak about him last night and said he was physically up for it and a season with Pies HP team would have him leaping ahead in bounds.

Going to be interesting to watch him........

He must of Won of Hine and Co. Sounds like the Club loves this Kid and want to help him make the best of his Life

That's his uncle! :eek:
Shit - for real? I remember him being arrested because I was only just down the road from the laundry mat in Darwin.

I think we should all be nice to him, very nice.

Chopper Read would be a very proud man right now should he still be alive - would've loved to have seen a photo with his arm around Ed thanking him.

With people saying he is not the Fantastic Off-Field and has bad Habits and Looks Way out shape for a AFL Player. Those could be Red Flags in some teams Books
I haven't seen anyone provide the slightest hint of evidence that his behavior off field isn't good, or that he has bad habits (not even sure what you mean by that).

As for his fitness, that can be fixed easily enough with the right application, and from what Eddie was saying in the radio this morning, the kid has a great attitude.

Watched his highlights video and despite being a bit big he definitely has some attributes that would benefit us immensely.

I really like his 2.87 sec sprint at his state combine in 2013. It shows he has genuine speed. To put this into perspective Marsh ran 2.78 and Freeman ran 2.82 and compared to this year's draftees he would've been equal 2nd alongside Pickett (GWS). He looks like he has genuine footy smarts; he can weave himself in and around packs and he waits for the best moment to make his attack on the footy. Moreover, he reads the play well and can play in the back line or in the forward line. Judging by Eddie's comments you would think we selected him based on his goalkicking and forward attributes.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out but he has a bit of the Kennedy tongue in his playing style. :p

a_260714sptwet11_1a7v90c-1a7v90h.jpg

Excited by this prospect!

I haven't seen anyone provide the slightest hint of evidence that his behavior off field isn't good, or that he has bad habits (not even sure what you mean by that).

As for his fitness, that can be fixed easily enough with the right application, and from what Eddie was saying in the radio this morning, the kid has a great attitude.

The Inside Footy Profile said that his Habits Off-Field needed Improvement.

Well - Reading today’s Article from the West. Does give me a better Feeling for the Kid.

He has coming a long way back then other Prospects but IF he can get himself Fit he has a Chance of Playing AFL Footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Inside Footy Profile said that his Habits Off-Field needed Improvement.

Well - Reading today’s Article from the West. Does give me a better Feeling for the Kid.

He has coming a long way back then other Prospects but IF he can get himself Fit he has a Chance of Playing AFL Footy
I'm assuming by habits they mean diet and excercise. Wouldn't worry too much about that, the club nutritionist will be all over him for that, and from what I've read, you can't question his drive or attitude.

It's not a matter of if he can get fit, you can't be at a professional club without getting fit. It's a byproduct of training. Just a matter of how long it takes.

I'm predicting a Marsh-like effort from the kid next year. He will surprise a lot of people.

I'm assuming by habits they mean diet and excercise. Wouldn't worry too much about that, the club nutritionist will be all over him for that, and from what I've read, you can't question his drive or attitude.

It's not a matter of if he can get fit, you can't be at a professional club without getting fit. It's a byproduct of training. Just a matter of how long it takes.

I'm predicting a Marsh-like effort from the kid next year. He will surprise a lot of people.

That is how I took it as. That his Diet and Exersise stuff that Club would tell him to do. Where not Fully Committed to doing that all the time. Hopefully being in a Full Time Footy Enivorment will help him stay on Track lot better.

Well reading about this year. He Seemed to be more Committed then he has been and that is a Good Sign

This will be the test of the leadership down at the Westpac Centre, don't let him fall through any cracks and help him lift himself up.

Agree - Need to keep him Motivated and Keep him on Track and not let him fall of the tracks

So are we not making fat jokes then? Because I had a good one about being a ball magnet because of his gravitational pull.

This will be the test of the leadership down at the Westpac Centre, don't let him fall through any cracks and help him lift himself up.
I can guarantee you OS - he won't be falling through any cracks!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back