Brent Prismall interview - 774

Remove this Banner Ad

Same old shit, different day. Nobody is going to come out and say they intended to dope. Nobody is going to blame Hird, tell the inside story until it goes to court or somebody writes a book. No journo is going to press hard questions, it's as simple as that.

Jake Niall's and panel follow up discussion on the Prismall interview is worth listening to.

It's on Sound Cloud. from 52.50
ABC_Grandstand
Saturday Agenda 02-04-16

JN. "... the anger among the playing group is becoming more and more palpable, about what happened."
"... Prismall is one of the most unlucky players to be suspended."
Followed by Mark McClure's take : it's the people who derived an income that are at fault ... not the club / supporters.

JN: " it was the single most catastrophic thing in the CAS hearings (nobody wrote down the word Thymosin) ... and he still does not have an answer."
Another interesting assertion (about 1.01.40) is that in late 2011 Prismall was more diligent than others and actively sought assurances about the program "from someone at the club, and was told the injection program was ok).
Whateley comes back to fact it was a club mandated program
They discuss who's still left at the club: Doc Reid and Matthew Egan. MMc: "Why's he (Reid) still at the club ?" JN: "I guess you have to ask him that."
GW states going to raise these issues with Gillon pre Sunday Weagle Hawks game, re to comment on Prismall interview:
ABC_Grandstand The Press Room: AFL Chief Gillon McLachlan
from 4.50 ... states ".. group of young men don't know what happened to them. " Don't blame the players"..
Gerard does not raise the issue of how can Gillon then explain the stench of conspiracy surrounding the non declaration of any injectibles on the doping control forms.
#sobrave

Last edited:
this one is for evo

is the true concern for Prismall and Heppell et al, that they have been found out for lacking in agency and autonomy and pleonasms...

is their true concern, in inimitable words of Darce Mr Luke Darcy, not that they are inverted commas drug cheats, betta close those inverted commas, but they lack any autonomy whatsoever.

does anyone know the definition of cuckolded?

they wont have the self awareness, but "doping" is not their true concern. Neither the pursuit of an "edge" or to be perceived as a fraud and cheat by the succour moms of the world (unite, steven patrick morrissey smiths nod head)

caveat: I still havent mastered grelling101 and spammar

this one is for evo

is the true concern for Prismall and Heppell et al, that they have been found out for lacking in agency and autonomy and pleonasms...

is their true concern, in inimitable words of Darce Mr Luke Darcy, not that they are inverted commas drug cheats, betta close those inverted commas, but they lack any autonomy whatsoever.

they wont have the self awareness, but "doping" is not their true concern. Neither the pursuit of an "edge" or to be perceived as a fraud and cheat by the succour moms of the world (unite, steven patrick morrissey smiths nod head)

What is this "grelling" thing, of which you speak - is there some new internet game that all the hipster kids are playing? I've only just figured the trolling game one and I keep losing most of the time. ;)

This reminds me of the Air Crash Investigation stories where a shit-ton of things go wrong which ultimately end in catastrophe, whilst just changing one thing would have prevented the outcome.

Perhaps if the players had adhered to their obligations and sought advice from ASADA or their doctor, and perhaps listed the substances as required, the whole mess would have been avoided. The fact there are so many actions they could (and should) have taken, some placed right under their noses, makes it difficult to feel sorry for the players.

this one is for evo

No, It's the obverse. the true concern by the media has always been to make the players look as least culpable as possible. They are the heros that pay the bills, they are the ones that make billion dollar TV deals possible that pays for Whately's Sorrento beach house. Guys like the Weap or Evans are ultimately expendable.

Now that it has emerged that they never filled out the forms, and are therefore implicated, there is a bit of token hand wringing.

As someone once remarked: cover ups are hard yakka.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Air Crash Investigation stories where a shit-ton of things go wrong which ultimately end in catastrophe, whilst just changing one thing would have prevented the outcome.

Perhaps if the players had adhered to their obligations and sought advice from ASADA or their doctor, and perhaps listed the substances as required, the whole mess would have been avoided. The fact there are so many actions they could (and should) have taken, some placed right under their noses, makes it difficult to feel sorry for the players.
The Swiss cheese theory. If you continually leave little holes in your procedures eventually they will all line up and bad shit gunna happen.

I'm willing to believe the players didn't know what was in the "amino acid and vitamin" injections BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE CHECKED as they are trained to do.

That Hird didn't know they were doping and then calling it amino acids is laughable.

Tommy Hafey and adidas polo shirts.

now polo shirts are normally for eastern suburbs private school grads, but tommy gets a pass cos tommy has the guns

Ralph Lauren though, not adidas, you heathen. I mean, we aren't savages.

images

I'm willing to believe the players didn't know what was in the "amino acid and vitamin" injections BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE CHECKED as they are trained to do.

That Hird didn't know they were doping and then calling it amino acids is laughable.

I'm still comfortable with the prancing dilettante (idiot) theory for Hird.

There comes a point, regarding all players lack of disclosure to ASADA, where "Hmmm, I don't know why none of us said anything, but we weren't hiding anything" just doesn't cut it.

They are still going with this line, and not accepting that they were complicit; complicit in not getting independent advice, complicit in not reporting to ASADA.

I'm sorry, Brent, you seem a decent guy, but you're still a little blinded by the group narrative...
Going back to first principles, that's fairly much all the players have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but if it is that cut and dried, then why did the senior players go to Hird early on demanding that the program was on the up and up. That was followed by Hird's protocol email to quieten the troops. Nobody is denying Dank, Robinson, and Hird claimed to the players early on saying how all the substances were approved.

None of that has been adequately demonstrated to be true, either.

There are more holes in that narrative, first proposed by the serial story changer McVeigh, than in a Swiss cheese. The various participants can't even agree on who was present at the alleged meeting called by senior players.

Hird and Evans gave Dank the brief to do whatever it takes then pretended not know.

Ffs, Hird and Goodwin were juicing on site themselves.

They knew Dank was doping the players. That's why they got him in.

Hird isn't an idiot. He's a lot of things, but he's a step up from our own beloved Donald McDonald type.

Ffs, Hird and Goodwin were juicing on site themselves.

Any leader at the club who held an opinion that PEDS are unacceptable would have been outraged that there was anything even close to the line being anywhere within a bulls roar of their club. To have taken anything on club premices, regardless of whether or not they were a player spits in the face of those with an attitude to fair play.

Great interview by Prismall. The truth is starting to come out bit by bit. The way those men & boys were treated by the Essendon drug cheating program is still beyond belief.

The bit about not writing Thymosin down on the forms is still dodgy. I know what Prismall said, but something stinks about all of them avoiding writing it down. Collusion, cover-up, whatever you want to call it, they cheated - probably by club order.

this one is for evo

Have you seen The Prestige?

Reading your posts, some days I think you're Christian Bale, and some days his twin.

None of that has been adequately demonstrated to be true, either.

There are more holes in that narrative, first proposed by the serial story changer McVeigh, than in a Swiss cheese. The various participants can't even agree on who was present at the alleged meeting called by senior players.

Yeah, and we don't know for sure 100% (no positives) they took stuff.

But I'm comfortably satisfied on both counts.

I don't believe they all became converts to drug cheating all at once. If not, then the real story won't be cut and dried.

Have you seen The Prestige?

Reading your posts, some days I think you're Christian Bale, and some days his twin.
yeah I have, Scarlett Johanssen with silicon, the John Waters variety, or sans silicon. She could be attractive sans silicon and hollywood fakery, but it works on the meta level for the film.

And mr hugh jackman, surely the channel 7 commentary team were in on the beard gig, but they are so daft, I thought they were not.

Just between you and me, I reckon Richo was ushered up to the Crown Towers penthouse for his visit as #midnightboyfriends.

#beards

thing is, hetero guys cant admit they really luv the homo guys, they have some primordial caveman response to non-hetero urges, if guys like Hugh and Richo came out, everyone would still luv them and they would still sell tickets.

Gough whattya reckon?

yeah I have, Scarlett Johanssen with silicon, the John Waters variety, or sans silicon. She could be attractive sans silicon and hollywood fakery, but it works on the meta level for the film.

And mr hugh jackman, surely the channel 7 commentary team were in on the beard gig, but they are so daft, I thought they were not.

Just between you and me, I reckon Richo was ushered up to the Crown Towers penthouse for his visit as #midnightboyfriends.

#beards

thing is, hetero guys cant admit they really luv the homo guys, they have some primordial caveman response to non-hetero urges, if guys like Hugh and Richo came out, everyone would still luv them and they would still sell tickets.

Gough whattya reckon?

One for fans of The Who, and Tommy especially:

What is happening in his head? I wish I knew. I wish I knew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Prismall interview - 774

Remove this Banner Ad

Back