Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

People always criticise the incumbant ....until they see what that Manager can do at another club

But lets also realise these people develop over the years .....Noble wasn't as good as he is now, 10 years ago ....nor will Burton be as bad as he is now, in another 3 years
Burton may not learn from his errors , he doesn’t seem that type of guy

Read the OP again. The player was not speaking "privately", and remarks weren't "off the cuff" (which is no excuse anyway).
I read that they were

'' I was at a venue and speaking privately with a player''

The player was off the clock, it wasnt a club function and he trusted the group he was in to speak freely. As DJ said you either believe him or you dont, you choose to not only not believe him but ask for the player to be named and shamed.

Then he won't be at the club in 12 months time .....he just doesn't look comfortable in the spotlight of AFL

That's why I can see Reid being his successor

I read that they were

'' I was at a venue and speaking privately with a player''

The player was off the clock, it wasnt a club function and he trusted the group he was in to speak freely. As DJ said you either believe him or you dont, you choose to not only not believe him but ask for the player to be named and shamed.
You are reading privately into it. I am not.

"He was speaking recently at a venue after a couple of drinks and mentioned that he wished Noble was back at Adelaide, how they loved his work and had great respect for him. He went on to say that he and the vast majority of the players did not like Burton at all. They thought he was “a compete idiot” and out of his depth. "

I have plenty of FI how large organisations work. Particularly successful ones. They don't succeed because staff act like whiney little bitches and moan about others in the organisation to a bunch of schoolgirls who can't wait to pass it on purple monkey dishwasher
Ahhhhh, so you’re one of the corporate psychopaths I’m talking about. Explains your postings. Makes sense now.

Fail to see how that trade for Cameron isn’t worth it given the list needs of Brisbane

They are also very lucky to get Neale , especially now without Beams ... they’ve used many early draft picks and it’s time for them to top up

The tactics are correct

Not questioning the strategy either. Noble has always been good in that area. I'm only questioning the price paid and I think in both cases they paid above market value. Trading out their 2019 1st for pick 19 and Gold Coast's 2019 2nd is particularly bad. But that's just my view

Wait a minute those supporting Burton please look at the questions below .
A -- Did Burton have qualifications and results to be appointed our fitness management coach.

B --- Did Burton have qualifications and results very soon after coming back to club to be promoted to one of most important roles in club as Footy Manager.

C -- Did the club really search for best available for this position or was it a job for boys appointment as Roos ex room mate.

D -- Who organised the camp , who had contacts with the camp clowns that run or rather ruined the camp, who responsible for running of this football operation and who kept on totally denying that there was a problem of camp.

E -- Who made a joke of our club with that press conference which club tried to do PR to clear things and put him in better light and would have been worse if Pyke realizing he was stuffing everything up stepped in to save club some dignity.

F --- 1 -- Who is in charge of our fitness
2 -- Who brought the fitness coach to club.
3 --- Who programmed pre season totally stuffed the fitness and injury prevention that created the biggest injury count ever seen at our club or possibly close to ever within AFL
4-- Who in charge of injury recovery and management which continued to be a disaster even after telling us would be fixed.

Showing loyalty to club is good but to support this person that singularly had his imprint on everything that went wrong in our club and nobody can deny that this caused poor team morale and culture within club and anybody that thinks that had nothing to do with Mitch leaving has head in sand.
Our club has to learn to make hard decisions and not ones to keep key people happy.

Problem is he is too arrogant to admit he has major faults, so won't look to fix them.

He just isn't leadership material as he has poor management skills & complete lack of awareness.

He will not grow into the job.

Anyone happy to fess up and admit how incredibly wrong they were in bagging Noble? Silence will probably be deafening

The trouble with Noble was at trade time.

Reid shits on Noble from a great height in this regard.

Probably could've separated the roles earlier and held onto Noble as GM Footy but I think his days were numbered in the wake of the Dangerfield trade where Danger's interests in being sheltered from the members and media and then getting to his destination quickly and quietly seemed to be put ahead of the interests of the club and didn't sit well.

Noble’s trade approach wasn’t all bad. There’s no way we fail to get Gibbs ahead of 2017.

We would have paid more to get it done, and had Gibbs through 2017 and for the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think as head of football he still held too much control over our trade/list decisions. For example, Reid was appointed ahead of the 2015 season and worked under Noble. In 2015, our trading was questionable. Noble left in 2016 and Reid managed the 2016 trade period, where we begun improving in that area.

But yes in other aspects he was competent. If he was still here, we would have needed to reign in his influence with list management.
If Noble was accountable for trades while he was head of football - does that mean Burton is accountable now?

If Noble was accountable for trades while he was head of football - does that mean Burton is accountable now?
Yes, though who knows how much Burton micromanages the list management team. Seems like he's too busy organizing failed camps and micromanaging a failed fitness team.

Then he won't be at the club in 12 months time .....he just doesn't look comfortable in the spotlight of AFL

That's why I can see Reid being his successor

Nah, he's in too thick with Roo and Chapman.

They'll get rid of Pyke before Bird Brain.

Nah, he's in too thick with Roo and Chapman.

They'll get rid of Pyke before Bird Brain.
Don't think Roo can make tough decisions ? .....just watch him, the club means a lot to him & he's very passionate

Problem is he is too arrogant to admit he has major faults, so won't look to fix them.

He just isn't leadership material as he has poor management skills & complete lack of awareness.

He will not grow into the job.

Have heard 2 stories from very different places that Burton's lack of awareness and having a tin ear when it comes to critical feedback are very much the problem here.

The sooner he is gone the better

From what I hear, and it is 2nd hand. Burton has some pretty strong backers and they saved his arse but is in the dog box. He has been pulled back on some duties and told to keep his hands off the day to day footy esp the fitness dept. If he steps over the line he may well be gone.

For what it's worth I think Reidy is much better at the trade table than Nobel, but Nobel was an outstanding administrator and his loss has hurt us big time.

Someone I know recently told we that they knew Burton through friends and that he’s is extremely intense individual whose obsessed with the collective minds stuff. Said that he’s one of those people that just doesn’t listen to anyone and has a low EQ. How Effing wonderful!

From what I hear, and it is 2nd hand. Burton has some pretty strong backers and they saved his arse but is in the dog box. He has been pulled back on some duties and told to keep his hands off the day to day footy esp the fitness dept. If he steps over the line he may well be gone.

For what it's worth I think Reidy is much better at the trade table than Nobel, but Nobel was an outstanding administrator and his loss has hurt us big time.
Roo

Mate you need to genuinely send this to Fagan, Chapman and Roo. Crows email addresses are standard protocol and these guys can be easily reached. Birdman out of his depth.

And the 2nd point re Noble. Blind bl00dy Freddy could see he was a successful operator. Well liked and respected - in and out of the club. Brought significant IP to list management / drafting and helped build successful culture. Look what’s happening with Lions now

Anyone happy to fess up and admit how incredibly wrong they were in bagging Noble? Silence will probably be deafening
Many poster here were highly critical of Noble. And were happy to see him go.

I wonder if they feel the same way now?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back