Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard similar comments from a mate about Burton, but also Hass is in that conversation. The poor management of injuries as well as their arrogance. They’re both not well liked by the players, hence probably why we aren’t running out games due to the players rebuttal. Also heard some players are seeking external opinions on injuries.
Look at how well the Lions are doing now, Burton and Hass are no longer there. David Noble cleaned out Brisbane and turned then into a relevant club again, someone we should not have lost along with Nick Poulis.

I'd rather you ask him if every players hates Burton as much as we think. His face will give away the answer, even though his mouth tows the club line.
mia-gif.416291

Actually, probably better to ask the Burton question first as he'd probably be more keen to get that off his chest ... then zing him with the punch question when he might be less guarded.

Our best chance is that he gets promoted to an office role where he has no contact with the players or coaches. Could he run a baseball club?

Probably not.

we only sack high quality staff when the AFL tells us we have to, so that they can work for a big victorian club.
I still read comments on opposition boards laughing about Adelaide sacking Matt Rendell, only for Collingwood to employ him shortly afterwards

Forgetting the structure for a moment, how much say would Burton get in sacking a coach? Is that mainly left up to Roo?

The reason I ask is I think one of Burton or Pyke will go at the end of the year. If he wants to save himself he might get in early and start the process behind the scenes with the Coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgetting the structure for a moment, how much say would Burton get in sacking a coach? Is that mainly left up to Roo?

The reason I ask is I think one of Burton or Pyke will go at the end of the year. If he wants to save himself he might get in early and start the process behind the scenes with the Coach

He wouldn't sack a coach but he'd be involved in the process of finding a new one. Would sit in on interviews, etc.

I get the feeling they will make Pyke the scapegoat for this mess. It's the easy way out for Roo and Chapman.

Yeah, I Know.

With a list of names like that on their staff I'm not surprised.
Mmm .. I actually think Pyke has taken over parts of Burton's role. Burton has been kept away from the media deliberately. Campo's role changed to reduce to the burden on Pyke.

Either way I don't think they will both go but I think one will.

I think in Pyke's case it i more likely to be sold as a mutual parting of the ways. Unless he is prepared to start a rebuild then surely he is gone.

I've met Tex a couple of times as I work in the PWC building in the city and I have sometimes seen Tex in the ground floor lobby waiting to be taken up to Triple M. I have never asked him anything about the club but if/next time I talk to him I will ask him point blank 'Is it true that regular boys haircut flog Lever punched you at half time in the GF?"
I work in the same building.

Proof - those lifts seem to take ages to come to you despite not many people waiting to go up !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back