Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Wells on SEN, it was apparently Deledio himself (through his management) who came knocking at Geelong, not us chasing him. We will trade for him IF we can find room and IF Richmond accept what we offer....otherwise, the deal won't get done.

So all those pissy Richmond fans who were crying about us "stealing him on the cheap" can shut up now.

Geelong acquiring Deledio and Tuohy makes a lot of sense. Tuohy will replace Mackie who has a year left, and may even get pushed out of the senior side. Deledio can play midfield and half forward. They need assistance in the middle and they need versatility with goal scoring options.

Geelong will make this happen. Motlop and draft picks will go for sure.

Is it? Why doesn't anyone want Motlop then?

Because he is half right but half wrong

FA means all the iffy stock is either pushed into a fa deal (like Vickery), or is simply consigned to dfa because clubs have better means now of getting the rats and mice players than via trading.

Taking this stock off the trade table, plus adding in preemptive trades to avoid fa distorts things a lot.

For in demand players, it is and always will be a sellers market, BUT we (general public schmucks like you and me) often over estimate genuine in demand value of our clubs own stock

Fwiw I have no idea why both supporters are getting agro on this one. The currency was never there from day one, wells confirmed this today, and the odds of this trade happening are on par with Trump borrowing Watson's "feminist" hat for the next debate

Because he is half right but half wrong

FA means all the iffy stock is either pushed into a fa deal (like Vickery), or is simply consigned to dfa because clubs have better means now of getting the rats and mice players than via trading.

Taking this stock off the trade table, plus adding in preemptive trades to avoid fa distorts things a lot.

For in demand players, it is and always will be a sellers market, BUT we (general public schmucks like you and me) often over estimate genuine in demand value of our clubs own stock

Fwiw I have no idea why both supporters are getting agro on this one. The currency was never there from day one, wells confirmed this today, and the odds of this trade happening are on par with Trump borrowing Watson's "feminist" hat for the next debate

Where has Wells confirmed? I haven't seen anything today... Not having a go, just interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If richmond don't trade this year he leaves as an unrestricted agent next year like wells. At his age and the contract he will get offered he will be worth a third rounder at best with the afl compensation pick. Probably fourth rounder. Does 1 year as a 30 year old really make the difference between that and a first rounder. Madness for a club to give up a first when they can get him for free one year later.

Where has Wells confirmed? I haven't seen anything today... Not having a go, just interested.

Said today on sen

Said you guys spent months preparing the deals last year, and lids/2e are both last minute inquires which you have had only weeks to consider and prepare for.

Said you'd like to get both of them, but the reality is it will be tough to make one of these trades happen, let alone both

If richmond don't trade this year he leaves as an unrestricted agent next year like wells. At his age and the contract he will get offered he will be worth a third rounder at best with the afl compensation pick. Probably fourth rounder. Does 1 year as a 30 year old really make the difference between that and a first rounder. Madness for a club to give up a first when they can get him for free one year later.
a lot can happen in 12 months... could be the missing link between you being in the big dance or falling short again... you really need to strike while danger and selwood are in their prime

According to Wells on SEN, it was apparently Deledio himself (through his management) who came knocking at Geelong, not us chasing him. We will trade for him IF we can find room and IF Richmond accept what we offer....otherwise, the deal won't get done.

So all those pissy Richmond fans who were crying about us "stealing him on the cheap" can shut up now.
Yes interesting given his comments about wanting to be a 1 club player

What was proven wrong? Do you really think one or two extra games changes anything?
Your right, if you count finals he has still had only 2 years where he kicked more than 26 goals. His best return has been 44, so I stand by the fact calling him 25-50 a year goal kicker is bullshit

This deal is looking likely to get completed by the end of the week.
Cats see Deledio as a higher priority that Touhy.

Additionally, Tigers accept Deledio won't be at Punt Rd. They're also looking to top up with Cloke for some experience and change the on-field dynamic

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back