Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Geelong will take that - especially given Deledio approached us (not the other way around).

Lids (29) avg 23 touches and .8 goals.
Caddy (24) avg 20 touches and 1.2 goals.

Even when Lids was an All Australian last year, his averages were 21 and 1.5.

If worst comes to worst, Richmond can keep their star 30 year old who doesn't want to be there. I'm sure that's exactly the culture Dimma wants at Punt Road.

Good on Richmond for requesting something of value (Josh Caddy) in return for Deleidio.

So often we are seeing the teams on the receiving end of these trades (ie they are requesting to leave to go to Hawthorn etc) just getting shafted.

If you want a good player these clubs - Geelong, Hawthorn, and Adelaide - should expect to give up something to get them.

Interesting to see Hawthorn take Sicily, Breust etc off the table. They expect the "weaker" clubs to just roll over so they can raid them of their talent.

The system is obviously not delivering fair trades if Hawthorn get Mitchell, the Suns player etc... for small change and a couple of draft picks. Let's see some real pain for Hawthorn if they want to get Mitchell.

Would prefer to keep Gibbs (and not have him play a game next year) than just hand him over for small change to Adelaide.
Those mean and nasty Hawks.

Actually think

Caddy for Deledio is a win-win situation and both parties achieve their desired outcome.

However, Caddy probably represents slightly more trade value and will require a sweetener.
This is great by the tigers!
Give them a pick upgrade to help with toohey say pick 26 for 36.
hand 36 over for nankervis.

Out: Vickery, Lids.
IN: Nankervis, Caddy.

all of a sudden they have turned two players who wont be in there next premiership into two that might (age wise).

dont know if it will get done but i think this might be the plan.

well played tigers.

Good on Richmond for requesting something of value (Josh Caddy) in return for Deleidio.

So often we are seeing the teams on the receiving end of these trades (ie they are requesting to leave to go to Hawthorn etc) just getting shafted.

If you want a good player these clubs - Geelong, Hawthorn, and Adelaide - should expect to give up something to get them.

Interesting to see Hawthorn take Sicily, Breust etc off the table. They expect the "weaker" clubs to just roll over so they can raid them of their talent.

The system is obviously not delivering fair trades if Hawthorn get Mitchell, the Suns player etc... for small change and a couple of draft picks. Let's see some real pain for Hawthorn if they want to get Mitchell.

Would prefer to keep Gibbs (and not have him play a game next year) than just hand him over for small change to Adelaide.
Were you campaigning this hard last year, or just this year now that one of your own players is involved ?? Name a player that Adelaide have brought in and paid unders for ?? Ever ?? And you want to brand us along with the likes of Hawks and Geelong. It's so true that if a Victorian wants to head home, the interstate clubs should do whatever they can to ensure that the deal happens. Reverse the situation and if a player wants to leave Victoria and head home, the interstate clubs need to pay overs.

As for this particular deal, while Caddy is established and you consider him to be of "value", he is actually Taylor Hunt 2.0. Geelong winning that trade by a mile !!

I would have asked for Duncan personally.
Nah, I reckon Caddy will help fill a void for you guys

Duncan is just as bad as Cotchin on a bad day if he gets some attention, the gap between his best and worst are too far

Hard to believe that Geelong will consider trading one of their superstars in Caddy, especially considering he played a starring role in that great NAB ad where the kids imitated their heroes. That ending with Caddy and Rioli was sensational !!

2006_Eagles
Better tag a mate so someone laughs at your joke I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my last post was from a tigers point of view now geelong.

Out: Caddy, 36
IN: Lids, Toohey

its an immediate upgrade on there list but not sure if they expected to lose caddy. its a risk to trade for the now but they were one game of a GF and these In's might be what is needed to push them that one step further. i assume Lids may have to take a pay cut but if he dose i really think its a win/win.

Deledio could tip you to a flag in the next couple of years. If that was the case, the trade would be worth it no?
Caddy is not a player we should be turfing for a soon to be 30yo.
Walk away Geelong walk away.

Caddy is not a player we should be turfing for a soon to be 30yo.
Walk away Geelong walk away.

How many 30 year olds will be on the list next year? Taylor and Mackie? Think this is a worthwhile punt tbh, Deledio seems to be the kind of guy who is diligent in his preparation, I reckon he'll play till 34/35..

Not sure Geelong will trade a kent like Caddy for good bloke like Deledio. It goes against their entire recruiting model and the culture Chris Scott has worked hard to build.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back