Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why doesn't Caddy play midfield more Cats fans? Is it a fitness thing or a lack of scoring options up forward for you guys?

Too many like types imo. Danger, Selwood x2, Menegola all going through there, plus Guthrie gets inside a bit too. As I said before, Caddy looked lost this year when Dangerfield arrived.

How many 30 year olds will be on the list next year? Taylor and Mackie? Think this is a worthwhile punt tbh, Deledio seems to be the kind of guy who is diligent in his preparation, I reckon he'll play till 34/35..
Taylor, Mackie, possibly Lonergan and Bartel has met his clauses.
I don't want Caddy sold, he has in pretty much every season here had a niggly injury which curtails his performance. This season Wallis collided with his knee.

Not an age bracket I want to lose a best 22 player for a 30yo. A no from me.
Settle for Tuohy who will be easier to attain.

Taylor, Mackie, possibly Lonergan and Bartel has met his clauses.
I don't want Caddy sold, he has in pretty much every season here had a niggly injury which curtails his performance. This season Wallis collided with his knee.

Not an age bracket I want to lose a best 22 player for a 30yo. A no from me.
Settle for Tuohy who will be easier to attain.

IMHO the drop off from Caddy to a GHS type is far smaller than the improvement to be gained from having Deledio and Tuohy.

This is great by the tigers!
Give them a pick upgrade to help with toohey say pick 26 for 36.
hand 36 over for nankervis.

Out: Vickery, Lids.
IN: Nankervis, Caddy.

all of a sudden they have turned two players who wont be in there next premiership into two that might (age wise).

dont know if it will get done but i think this might be the plan.

well played tigers.
Why would Richmond downgrade picks for a proven A-grade star like Deledio for a potential B+ player in Caddy?

Too many like types imo. Danger, Selwood x2, Menegola all going through there, plus Guthrie gets inside a bit too. As I said before, Caddy looked lost this year when Dangerfield arrived.
Must be rated REAL high at Geelong if Menagola and Scott Selwood are rated above him :rolleyes:

IMHO the drop off from Caddy to a GHS type is far smaller than the improvement to be gained from having Deledio and Tuohy.
Have you heard Wells' comments this morning?
if Caddy doesn't want out then he'll be staying, Wells categorically ruled out moving players in contract who want to stay.
Likes their loyalty.

Why would Richmond downgrade picks for a proven A-grade star like Deledio for a potential B+ player in Caddy?
Im not posting a mock trade to appease you mate. its an attempt at a win / win and explained why in that post so open your eyes.

A 250 gamer with injury concerns and who's over the hill for a very good player who has 8-9 seasons left in him and still hasn't hit his peak? I'm sure Stephen Wells got a laugh out of this :drunk:

We'll just wait for him to be an FA next season thanks.

Must be rated REAL high at Geelong if Menagola and Scott Selwood are rated above him :rolleyes:

Caddy is clearly best 22 for us, and it appears the other 2 are as well. I imagine the club rates Caddy as a better forward than the other two, hence them getting more midfield time to get them all in the team.

It's obvious Richmond seem to rate him a bit, not sure why you're so upset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 250 gamer with injury concerns and who's over the hill for a very good player who has 8-9 seasons left in him and still hasn't hit his peak? I'm sure Stephen Wells got a laugh out of this :drunk:

We'll just wait for him to be an FA next season thanks.

Could mean the difference between a flag or not in 2017

Caddy is clearly best 22 for us, and it appears the other 2 are as well. I imagine the club rates Caddy as a better forward than the other two, hence them getting more midfield time to get them all in the team.

It's obvious Richmond seem to rate him a bit, not sure why you're so upset.
Because of something Damien Barrett said? Okey mete.

Lids for caddy is a joke... geelong can keep him hopefully the other team interested is the dogs plenty of value in there team

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Lids for caddy is a joke... geelong can keep him hopefully the other team interested is the dogs plenty of value in there team

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

You guys need to get it through your heads that Deledio isn't worth a great deal.

He's 30 years old (or will be very early in season 2017).

He's a great player, don't dispute that, but if he wants out you take what the market dictates, and for the most part I doubt that's much more than a second rounder (if that).

On the chance Geelong offered up Caddy, take it and run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back