Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want Deledio`s true value all you have to do is look at the compo pick North got for Wells.

If Deledio was 27 he would easily be worth a first and second rounder without hesitation.

I wish.

The longer this Caddy for deledio rubbish goes on the more paranoid I get that we are about to do something really stupid (like trade a 24 year old for a injured 30 year old).

We need to just waaaalk awaaayy

Caddy is replaceable. He is not going to miraculously get better and become a star.

Last edited:
Ok, fair enough, but what do you have that you're willing to give up for a player who might get you a flag in the next season or two? And is the improved chance of a flag worth that price, even though it might look like a lop-sided deal in the Tigers favour initially?

Realistically it will be a pick in the early 20s (acquired through a third club) and a player who sees they will get more opportunities at richmond than geelong-maybe vardy or murdoch or horlin smith. Thats the best we can offer. Talk of guys like caddy is irrelevant as he is a first 22 player here on good money and wont agree to leave.

Richmond are within their rights to keep deledio but i cant see us offering more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically it will be a pick in the early 20s (acquired through a third club) and a player who sees they will get more opportunities at richmond than geelong-maybe vardy or murdoch or horlin smith. Thats the best we can offer. Talk of guys like caddy is irrelevant as he is a first 22 player here on good money and wont agree to leave.

Richmond are within their rights to keep deledio but i cant see us offering more.
Which would be an extremely fair trade

And before that?

He had one injury last year, prior to which he played 18 games a year for 10+ years. Might want to look up the meaning of injury prone.
I should of did some research before i posted that but you are right

120 games from a B+ player vs 20 games from an ageing A grader.

hmmmm

What is this 20 game BS? He doesn't turn 30 till next April. Enright was just AA as a 34 year old. Stop being over the top, it's pretty embarrassing.

In what world is Caddy a B+ player as well? 12 touches when the going was tough in a final suggest anything but. I don't hate Caddy as a player, but really when we're getting blokes like Menegola for virtually nothing, and he comes into the side and comfortably outperforms Caddy, I think this is a trade we should do.

At the end of the day, Caddy is a pretty generic big bodied inside mid, except he has a point of difference in his overhead marking. Is that worth holding on to when we have Dangerfield doing exactly that? I don't think so.

Just for comparisons sake, it's incredible the amount of people who thought Motlop for Deledio was fair who are now in here saying Caddy is vital... Let's compare their numbers this year shall we?

Screenshot_20161011-150630.png

Last edited:
Caddy is replaceable. He is not going ton miraculously get better and become a star.

Look i am one of the few geelong supporters who would be prepared to trade caddy for deledio. But lets get real-players rarely agree to leave top 4 clubs for bottom 8 clubs unless they are either getting a lot more gametime (fringe) or significantly more money. Caddy is pretty solidified in the best 22 and on very good money and ok doubt richmond would pay him a whole lot more. So he has no reason to leave and wont agree to-we can talk about it all we want but it wont happen. Thats why there has been talk of someone like vardy who is on the fringe of the side and not on much money-has both a $ and playing opportujitues opportunities reason to leave.

If richmond are not happy with the offer they can keep him (as is their right) and we will revisit this in 12 months.

Just for comparisonsure sake, it's incredible the amount of people who thought Motlop for Delediour was fair who are now in here saying Caddy is vital... Let's compare their numbers this yeat shall we?

View attachment 298940

You understand the concept that good clubs dont try and shove players off the boat who have no interest in leaving.

Like all ambit claims it will get moved past fairly quickly.

120 games from a B+ player vs 20 games from an ageing A grader.

hmmmm

If you think that the difference between Caddy and Lids is half a grade you are seriously deluded.

The difference is about 3 grades B compared to A++

You guys ghave no idea how good Lids actually is. If you get his body right, he coould play another 5 years and you could win 3 premierships

Thats how good he is, and I am being conservative

What is this 20 game BS? He doesn't turn 30 till next April. Enright was just AA as a 34 year old. Stop being over the top, it's pretty embarrassing.

In what world is Caddy a B+ player as well? 12 touches when the going was tough in a final suggest anything but. I don't hate Caddy as a player, but really when we're getting blokes like Menegola for virtually nothing, and he comes into the side and comfortably outperforms Caddy, I think this is a trade we should do.

At the end of the day, Caddy is a pretty generic big bodied inside mid, except he has a point of difference in his overhead marking. Is that worth holding on to when we have Dangerfield doing exactly that? I don't think so.
Agree with you. Caddy is ok but not irreplaceable

Lids would play half forward for us IMO.
If he played purely on the HFF or FP, you would easily get 4yrs out of him, maybe 5. His marking is first class, very strong hands. Not what some people think of when they think Lids. Excellent kick.

Caddy fills a need for us. He will never be a gun, but is solid. The Swans have picked players on needs for years, and been outstanding at it. We have gone the cheap route with your Townsends, Moores etc, and it hasn't worked.

I can understand either bunch of supporters asking for a pick back, and if that happens, I could live either way. Would also be happy with a straight swap. Just don't think he will want to come. Or will ha be pushed out/fringe, and the lure of gametime get him across?

Deledio played 11 games last year and missed the rest due to injury
This year he played 11 games and finished top ten in the B & F (not that hard, I know)

Last year he played 18 games, finished 3rd in the B & F of a team that sat in fifth spot after home and away, and was All Australian.

You guys want some extra class to lift you to a flag, we want some young capable players who will hold a spot for seven or eight years.

I think this one's likely to happen.

Yes, I agree that today it looks like we win, but if you win a flag next year then you win - big time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back