No Oppo Supporters Brett Deledio Watch - Farewell Lids and good luck at the GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually we do have leverage, Deledio is contracted, Deledio has stated nothing more than he is interested in what Geelong are offering to come across and Deledio has stated he is happy to stay at Richmond and be a one club player. So now Geelong needs to find a deal that turns that interest in to wanting to go.

If Geelong still had their first pick, it may have been simply that and everyone walks away happy, but now you don't have it Geelong needs to go shopping to find one or give up a promising young player that adequately replaces Deledio.

So tell us again how we have no leverage in this deal. Granted we won't get what we would have when Deledio was in his prime, but we're not letting him go for nothing either.
And don't forget he will a RFA next year.

Yes it really is amazing isn't it how for the last 20 years or so we have been ranked behind Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, West Coast, Port (when theyre competitive) Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn, and now all of a sudden we find ourselves ranked behind Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood, Adelaide, fremantle, Port, West Coast, Sydney and Hawthorn, and a few hundred ahead of Carlton. We are just up and down like a yoyo.
I think you need to stop drinking water out of the Barwon River, it's rotting your brain.

Yes it really is amazing isn't it how for the last 20 years or so we have been ranked behind Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, West Coast, Port (when theyre competitive) Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn, and now all of a sudden we find ourselves ranked behind Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood, Adelaide, fremantle, Port, West Coast, Sydney and Hawthorn, and a few hundred ahead of Carlton. We are just up and down like a yoyo.
Nobody here cares. **** off dickhead.

I will extend the the same invite to you as I have two others on here.
You are cordially invited to spend an afternoon with me in my newsroom and I'll show you the ropes and what goes on.
Then you'll learn that journalists don't sit around all day, plotting the destabilisation or demise of the Richmond Football Club, or individuals ... or do they do it for any other AFL team, sporting club etc.
This nonsense that Barrett or Lloyd or whoever have less than admirable intentions concerning the the Tigers is pure nonsense.
The conspiracy theories astound me.
Have spent an informative day or two in a newsroom myself and I know that people don't sit around plotting.
But they do know what they're expected to say without having to be told.
Otherwise their copy doesn't see the light of day.
And that's not good for their career.

I will extend the the same invite to you as I have two others on here.
You are cordially invited to spend an afternoon with me in my newsroom and I'll show you the ropes and what goes on.
Then you'll learn that journalists don't sit around all day, plotting the destabilisation or demise of the Richmond Football Club, or individuals ... or do they do it for any other AFL team, sporting club etc.
This nonsense that Barrett or Lloyd or whoever have less than admirable intentions concerning the the Tigers is pure nonsense.
The conspiracy theories astound me.

Bit generous classifying Lloyd as a journalist:).

Haere Ra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ. Caddy is a very ordinary player. Geelong will have to add a third rounder for it to be fair IMO.
Agree with that Juke. Even though Brett is 28, he is and always has been a gun. Geelong need to offer more than Caddy to get him. Tigers should hold off for something that is fairer, im sure they will.

Haven't consumed enough to make me assume that every Cats fan in the world lives near the Barwon River so I'm safe for a while.
I live right beside the Barwon. Usually scoop out a bucketful if I've run out of moonshine.

Wells has said that wont happen so if that is your cut off point its been fun. The issue here is that last year with the 4 we traded in, that was at least 12 months in the planning - possibly more.

The Lids and 2E stuff is recent - months old only. Not a lot of lead time to create or collect value to trade.
And both Lids and 2E approached us thru their management - we did not chase them. So they will have to be accepting of the terms of getting to us. That does not mean the clubs will of course - but it sure does ensure that GFC wont be sending required players -like Cocky - away for a 30 yo. Wont happen.

And if that breaks the deal, then you'll be keeping Lids - the fabric player of your club - pissed off that his club of the last 10 years would not facilitate his move.

I hope it works out for you the way you want it to.

GO Catters

Just on this, I think that wont be a problem at all for both parties, and simply the fact that players must understand that sometimes trades cant get done for whatever reason, so they must understand things don't always go their way, and to not sook about it.

Haven't consumed enough to make me assume that every Cats fan in the world lives near the Barwon River so I'm safe for a while.
You don't need to live near something to go to it. You can take transport, for instance you could take a bus or stolen car.

Which was poor form by Leppitsch, regardless if Barrtett is a worm or not.
I'm aware this will come across as somewhat Neanderthal in tone ...but if anyone deserves a bloody good reality check it's that shit gibbon Barrett. He was lucky Voss was there...was probably shooting his mouth off about Leppa getting sacked by Brissie

Hutchie, Ralph and Barrett would do anything...and I mean anything for a story. Selfish, shocking people who don't care who's lives they impact as long as it benefits themselves.

To be fair to them -- not that they're always fair to us -- they have to make a living and they need to bring a fresh angle to their stories.
If it's simply finding new ways to attack Richmond, it's easy.
Big club, lacking success ... we're an open target and bring guaranteed readership.
And when we start being successful, they'll be on the bandwagon.

I'm aware this will come across as somewhat Neanderthal in tone ...but if anyone deserves a bloody good reality check it's that shit gibbon Barrett. He was lucky Voss was there...was probably shooting his mouth off about Leppa getting sacked by Brissie
I am seriously stealing this..... I have a long list of people I can use this on! :thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Brett Deledio Watch - Farewell Lids and good luck at the GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back