No Oppo Supporters Brett Deledio Watch - Farewell Lids and good luck at the GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Lids leaving is a statement from him and the club that a premiership is not a reality for 3-4 years, which is how long lids has left in his body.

It is a shame we were not able to give Lids the success he could have had, but he has not been our best player for the whole of his career, when he should have been.

A 29 yo Lids that can nab us a top 25 draft pick is a good time to trade out, and many clubs show that when you trade out an older player for a good draft pick, you come out on top normally.

This is a win for everyone, and, while it will be sad to see lids have success with another club (and it sucks that every second player seem to choose Geel or Hawks) if we can get a good player or use the pick to get prestia, we will come out ahead.

love all these patronising Cats and Hawk supporters coming in here beating there chests as if they have had anything directly to do with the success of their clubs, talking down to us like we directly have caused the failures of our own club for the last 40 years ....

Please circle jerk all you want, but if you get bitten, don't sook

Go Tigers

Why come on to other boards and dish out cheap shots? There was a long period of time where your club wasnt as successful as ibeen recently. Very humble of you.
Where is the cheap shot?

Nothing in my post has any info other than what came from your board. The internal stuff all came from this thread infact.

Statements of fact. Just like me wishing you all the best.

But if that's too much, Ill bid you farewell and good day.

GO Catters

Wells repeated this morning on SEN said GFC was approached by both Lids and 2e management about moving to GFC. We had no play in approaching them at all. Now that approach has been made, GFC has said come on down. But the terms will be set by GFC. They will be reasonable as we have always been reasonable with trading but with limited picks and contracted players, the like of Duncan, Cocky, etc wont be offered.

GO Catters
Either come to the table or dont get either of them. Sinple really.

Where is the cheap shot?

Nothing in my post has any info other than what came from your board. The internal stuff all came from this thread infact.

Statements of fact. Just like me wishing you all the best.

But if that's too much, Ill bid you farewell and good day.

GO Catters

He was referring to the last part of your post which you later deleted

He was referring to the last part of your post which you later deleted
I deleted nothing.

Perhaps your Mods did?

EdIt - yup - Mod edit.

Go Catters

I'd take both. Vardy as a forward and Nankervis as a ruck. 2 holes filled. We at least want either Griffiths or Vardy playing on game day and if needed both. At least we will have a back up 2nd tall and 3 talls occasionally. We need to get these 2 deals done if no better options are available
A bit would depend on Conca being used for Nankervis.
One cannot load up the list with too many blokes with injury clouds or a proven record of missing large numbers of games.
We have a few .... Conca, Mcintosh, Drummond, Lennon, Griffiths.

A bit would depend on Conca being used for Nankervis.
One cannot load up the list with too many blokes with injury clouds or a proven record of missing large numbers of games.
We have a few .... Conca, Mcintosh, Drummond, Lennon, Griffiths.

Conca been offered 2 years. Don't know what the club are thinking there. Must be no interest in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy is good but thats what Vardy's were built for unfortunately..i.e. his rig just doesnt cut the mustard at the top level and breaks down. They rated him highly at the cattery and were thrown a curve ball when he couldnt get up year in year out...so we are not in any position to take on other's problems IMO.
He was fit nearly all year, just couldn't break into the side because he was playing like a sook in the VFL. Does has the talent though and did get his body right this year.

Wells is not gonna say GFC chased Lids is he. "he came to them" aka richmond told him if we can get a good deal for him hes tradeable and then lids management had the chat

KOLOKOTRONIS
Wells is a pretty straight shooter. And there is certainly no way he'd throw Lids under the bus like that with a lie (why would he risk blowing the trade by getting Lids offside, that's just silly), they are too well trained PR-wise for that. He would have just side-stepped the question as opposed to giving a truthful direct answer.

With Pickett and maybe Hoskin-Elliot out of GWS, would they be interested in Motlop? I'd be trying to do a deal of:

GWS: Motlop and 36
Geelong: Deledio and 26
Richmond: 15 and Stewart

He was fit nearly all year, just couldn't break into the side because he was playing like a sook in the VFL. Does has the talent though and did get his body right this year.

at the end of the day, all you can hope for is a late second rounder at best or a player with that type of currency, purely because of the history of injury Vardy has. I mean there were a few times there where he was going to retire, because his injuries were debelitating so "he was fit nearly all year and couldnt break into the side" means SFA coming from Geelong,

Wells is a pretty straight shooter. And there is certainly no way he'd throw Lids under the bus like that with a lie (why would he risk blowing the trade by getting Lids offside, that's just silly), they are too well trained PR-wise for that. He would have just side-stepped the question as opposed to giving a truthful direct answer.
it will all come out one day. i still think lids was told that he is tradeable and then went and asked the question

geelong are not going to win a flag with all these old boys by the way. a danger injury away from bottom 4 finish

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Brett Deledio Watch - Farewell Lids and good luck at the GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back