MVP Brian Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a dual All Australian at the Dogs, so hardly an "unlikely" hero. Happy for Brian though.

Exactly what I mean , coming from a low profile club never been recognised for the star he was.( and is )
Had a Hawthorn supporter in our local during the week tell me he is past it ,and not sure why they went out and got him.
Can't wait to catch up with him again.

Apart from playing a great game and playing a pivotal role in the win, I was really happy for the bloke. Seems like he achieved what he really wanted, and played a big part in achieving what we really wanted too. Was very happy he got the Norm Smith. I was also really happy with the games of Lewis, Gunston and Birchall.

terrific player when up and going but did he do enough to win the Norm Smith? Played 1 good quarter for mine, half a dozen Hawks players and Freo players were better
Well done on the flag guys!

If you remove the red stripe - all you can see is BLACK

terrific player when up and going but did he do enough to win the Norm Smith? Played 1 good quarter for mine, half a dozen Hawks players and Freo players were better
Well done on the flag guys!

Hawthorn supporters tend to look beyond midfielders. We understand that there is such a thing as key position players and any defender who can take contested marks against key forwards is priceless and that is what Lake did all day.

He seemed to be a magnet for the ball today, i remember him beating smalls and talls at various crucial stages.
Very happy he got a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A truly great, composed game. So incredibly reliable down back.

Also great to see the number 17 get an award, after 426+ games of being ignored.
That is a great observation. Lake and Gunston doing the 17 and 19 proud.

Hawthorn supporters tend to look beyond midfielders. We understand that there is such a thing as key position players and any defender who can take contested marks against key forwards is priceless and that is what Lake did all day.

Very true. Give a top defender or forward over a ruckman any day.

Was absolutely superb today. Fitting that he saved his best game till last. This is exactly why we went out and recruited Lake. It's moments like this that make it all worth while. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

28spAFL7-20130928192110948014-620x349.jpg

Over the last 6-7 years there have been two non-hawks players I've loved watching dominate games, Goodes for Sydney and Lake for Dogs. This whole year has been surreal for me seeing this champion defender in Brown and Gold. Now this??? Words don't do justice to what I am feeling about this fairy tale.

Brian Lake - Norm Smith medalist/Premiership player. AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Nearly teared up when Lake's kid ran out onto the ground and gave him a huge hug, then again when he won Norm. Great story and after his interview during the week I was rooting for him.

I'll admit I was skeptical when the club first recruited him (old player), but trusted the clubs decision. Thought he was amazing today, and no infamous brain fades today!

Up there with the acquisition of Dew. A superb signing.

Magnificent game from him today, was immense and thoroughly deserves both medals he's won today.

He has transformed the back line from one that was constantly under pressure, because it was constantly trying to punch the long bomb and then defend the spilled ball, to one that takes the contested mark relaxes and resets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back