Brians bleat an old tune

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunder said:
And what you fail to understand is you will have lost 2 premierships by then and your young, talented list will be asking for more money and go the way of the 2000 Bombers

No we can back load into 2006. Don't worry Figjam is going to coach now you'll be right. :D

Joffaboy said:
They will have their organised crime inspired, dirty money premierships under the old crooks McHale and Wren.

Took illegal under the table gambling, prostitution, and mabye even drug money during the 20's, 30's, 40's and right up to the 50's. All Collingwood players and officials were on the take for up to 40 years.

A disgraceful episode in VFL history, and one Collingwood supporters should be ashamed of, especially when pointing at other clubs winning premierships legally, and without crime money.
Grimms fairytales :D

Gunder said:
Just being the greatest should do nicely

what makes them greater than the lions
did ever see them play ??
was the comp even - lots of leagues which arent pro's have trouble getting all teams to be competitive

i would say the lions team is far superior by the simle fact that they have won 3 in a row (soon to be 4) in a system designed to make them fail. against for competitve competition

Grolm37 said:
what makes them greater than the lions
did ever see them play ??
was the comp even - lots of leagues which arent pro's have trouble getting all teams to be competitive

i would say the lions team is far superior by the simle fact that they have won 3 in a row (soon to be 4) in a system designed to make them fail. against for competitve competition
Well the media and general football culture disagree with you, we are considered the greatest club in Australia, your opinion (and you are entitled to it) wont change that perception

The Old Dark Navy's said:
Flying thick and fast. 16 more days and the 4 in a row record may well be matched. Watch this campaign gather momentum if the record looks like being broken next year. What will the Pies have to hang their hat on then?

On a hatstand.

I think this is once again a Victorian inspired whinge about something greater than $600,000.

Q: If Brisbane werent receiving this money would it be because of the strong players they got in the merger?

Q: if Brisbane wins 4 in a row is it because of the darklords of the AFL conspiring to let J Brown go free to keep Brisbane quiet about a home final?

I remember 1997/98 the sky was falling in because Adelaide were going to dominate for years to come( my dream) till Blighty had an aneurysm and quit halfway through 99

Lets give recognition where its due...Leigh Matthews has proved he is a leader of men and a leader of clubs. Collingwood supporters dont mention Leigh too much. Maybe they find it hard to attack the man who led them from the wilderness.. its easier to attack ''the club'' as the club is faceless and an easier target.

If some Melbourne clubs accepted the merger when offered would we be talking about the continued dominance of the West Melbourne Hawks? If it was the WMH would we be talking about this? I personally dont think so as it would be a Victorian club against the rest and we all know the sun revolves around Melbourne.

ITS A NATIONAL COMPETITION GET USED TO TEAMS FROM OUTSIDE MELBOURNE WINNING.

Gunder said:
Well the media and general football culture disagree with you, we are considered the greatest club in Australia, your opinion (and you are entitled to it) wont change that perception

what the collingwood media and collingwood football culture
when ever the greatest ever team is mentioned its the lions that first appear
except on TFC "the eddy show"

you keep talking about the 1920's-30's like they were the pinnicale of sporting history but then again it was for collingwood who have struggled when rules cant be broken or manipulated as easily as in the 1920's-1930

why dont you start a poll
who is better the 27-30 team of collingwood or the 01-04 team of brisbane even without the 04 flag

Gunder said:

Evidence?

General football culture? The general football world hates you.

And the media? If you mean Eddie, well knock me over with a feather!

Grolm37 said:
what the collingwood media and collingwood football culture
when ever the greatest ever team is mentioned its the lions that first appear
except on TFC "the eddy show"

you keep talking about the 1920's-30's like they were the pinnicale of sporting history but then again it was for collingwood who have struggled when rules cant be broken or manipulated as easily as in the 1920's-1930

why dont you start a poll
who is better the 27-30 team of collingwood or the 01-04 team of brisbane even without the 04 flag
I dont need a poll

COLL 4 year win rate 85%
BRIS 4 year win rate 75%
COLL went through 1929 season undefeated (still unmatched)

The Machine by a mile

:D

Aw c'mon Gunder, just admit it, Collingwood won their 4 in a row with a CONCESSION. It didn't matter if they bombed out in the Finals, they got a sure shot at the flag regardless.

Now the Lions on the other hand, they're in a knockout finals comp. They don't get a sure shot at the big one if they lose during the finals.

What a ripoff hey? The Greatest team of all time that to win 4 in a row had to rely on that CONCESSION twice. Time to get out that marking pen and place an asterisk against a couple of those flags from the 4-peat I think.

tapestry said:
Aw c'mon Gunder, just admit it, Collingwood won their 4 in a row with a CONCESSION. It didn't matter if they bombed out in the Finals, they got a sure shot at the flag regardless.

Now the Lions on the other hand, they're in a knockout finals comp. They don't get a sure shot at the big one if they lose during the finals.

What a ripoff hey? The Greatest team of all time that to win 4 in a row had to rely on that CONCESSION twice. Time to get out that marking pen and place an asterisk against a couple of those flags from the 4-peat I think.
I would refer you to our win rate above

Gunder said:
I dont need a poll

COLL 4 year win rate 85%
BRIS 4 year win rate 75%
COLL went through 1929 season undefeated (still unmatched)

The Machine by a mile

:D

everyone knows you rate a team by finals preformance ( i did post this before but you must have ignored it i wonder why)

Lions 90%
Pies 75%

the lions are still 5% better if you add them together.

yeah undefeated only to be thumped in the semi

Richmond 4.2 9.7 12.8 18.15 123
Collingwood 2.5 2.8 6.13 8.13 61
Richmond won by 62 pts

but handed a GF anyway

Grolm37 said:
everyone knows you rate a team by finals preformance ( i did post this before but you must have ignored it i wonder why)

Lions 90%
Pies 75%

the lions are still 5% better if you add them together.

yeah undefeated only to be thumped in the semi

Richmond 4.2 9.7 12.8 18.15 123
Collingwood 2.5 2.8 6.13 8.13 61
Richmond won by 62 pts

but handed a GF anyway
Haven't ignored it, the Brians concessions aid them best at finals time, greater player depth at the end of a long season when teams are carrying injuries and suspensions

The Machine by a country mile

Gunder said:
I would refer you to our win rate above
Which has exactly what to do with finals? I mean in the 20's and now the 2000's you played finals to win the flag don't you? Only difference is the sure shot concession has been removed, which should the Lions win this year, make their achievement greater than collingwoods as they couldn't get to the GF if they bombed out in the finals, not like collingwood could in the 20's. So effectively the Lions would have a better win rate than Collingwood.

And if you want to talk win rates, let's talk win rates.

How does collingwood's GF participation vs GF win rate look these days?

The Brisbane Lions is looking pretty healthy. 3 from 3, 100%. Not too shabby at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tapestry said:
Which has exactly what to do with finals? I mean in the 20's and now the 2000's you played finals to win the flag don't you? Only difference is the sure shot concession has been removed, which should the Lions win this year, make their achievement greater than collingwoods as they couldn't get to the GF if they bombed out in the finals, not like collingwood could in the 20's. So effectively the Lions would have a better win rate than Collingwood.

And if you want to talk win rates, let's talk win rates.

How does collingwood's GF participation vs GF win rate look these days?

The Brisbane Lions is looking pretty healthy. 3 from 3, 100%. Not too shabby at all.
3 tainted cups vs 14 gleaming holy grails

Gunder said:
Haven't ignored it, the Brians concessions aid them best at finals time, greater player depth at the end of a long season when teams are carrying injuries and suspensions

The Machine by a country mile

thats is the most ******** poor response ever
nothing to do with lethal creating a more skillful team that has the ability to play good football when it counts or developing a system that allows player to recover better

you are full of ******** you try to win an arguement with facts
and then dimiss other facts with opinions like that give it up this argument is ridiculous.

The AFL obviously makes a distinction between a merged club and a relocated club because Sydney has retained Sth Melb's 3 premierships

Gunder said:
3 tainted cups vs 14 gleaming holy grails

At least 12 of those holy grails won on the back of organised crime and unlaundered money by those crooks McHale and Wren.

Coventry's paid by prostitution and drug money.

The stench from those dirty cups can be smelt all over Melbourne.

Collingwood = John Wren = criminals.

Joffaboy said:
At least 12 of those holy grails won on the back of organised crime and unlaundered money by those crooks McHale and Wren.

Coventry's paid by prostitution and drug money.

The stench from those dirty cups can be smelt all over Melbourne.

Collingwood = John Wren = criminals.
And wouldn't you give your left nut to have seen just one of them

Joffaboy said:
I never want to see a flag won on the earnings of drug and prostitution money like all the tainted Collingwood flags.

Disgusting.
I dont think you have to worry about seeing a flag anytime soon :D

All Time Ladder (including finals)...
1. Brisbane Lions 63%
2. Collingwood 61.3%

Finals Performance...
1. Brisbane Lions 76.5%
10. Collingwood 49.2%

Grand Final Performance....
1. Brisbane Lions 100%
13. Collingwood 36.3%

All time V Collingwood
1. Brisbane Lions 85.7%

Admit it buddy, you are Brisbane's bitches.

and just to bake your noodle...

All Time V Brisbane Lions....
1. West Coast 66.7%
14. Collingwood 14.3%

Remove this Banner Ad

Brians bleat an old tune

Remove this Banner Ad

Back