Bring back OutbackJack and Maccas no1!

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of bannings whats happening on the Crows board? Seems every time I go there some newbie's gotten banned. Fwaor it's tough. These poor sods hardly introduce themselves and bang! Gone! :eek:

I've seen some people complaining that things are too strict over here but our mods are pussycats compared to their's! :p

Knock knock!

Who'se there?

Gestapo!

Gestapo who?

Veee ask all ze questions!:mad:

:)

Toots Hibbert said:
Speaking of bannings whats happening on the Crows board? Seems every time I go there some newbie's gotten banned......
How do you know? Is there a list or something? Or do people just extrapolate it from someone suddenly not posting?

Toots Hibbert said:
Their user title says "Banned".
I'll bite.
I've seen that but just assumed someone altered it themselves. Would they not have to post for you to see their name and therefore the 'banned' title? And how could they do that if they were banned?

Their prior posts also gain the Banned subheading. Like if you find some old post of mine, it'll say Its time for Symes, even though we might not have even drafted him then.

Yeah, and it appears that the Crows mods (or maybe its BF admin?) are cracking down on one or two individuals who keep coming up with aliases to get around being banned.

Toots Hibbert said:

Knock knock!

Who'se there?

Gestapo!

Gestapo who?

Veee ask all ze questions!:mad:

:)

Knock knock!

Who'se there?

Deb

Deb who?

De bad joke police! :)

Porthos said:
If you enjoyed this thread, you may also enjoy the following

"Travelling to Bali is nice, but I want some danger as well!" by Schapelle Corby
"You know what, we need another world war!" by Adolf Hitler
"I don't care what the people think, I'm the Tsar!" by Tsar Nicolas II
"I want a flag, so I'm going to Collingwood" by Nathan Buckley

very good

Hi this is maccas_no1 under my better half's username, I'd firstly like to thank Portentous for trying to end my exile from this board, Im not proud of what I have said on this board in the past, but I also dont think I warrant to be placed into the same catagory as OBJ, as even I am embarassed by what he posts and the way he even reacts towards AFC poster's in particular our two mods DT and Kane. Anyway good luck for 2006

maccas_no1:thumbsu:

Edwards_09 said:
Hi this is maccas_no1 under my better half's username, I'd firstly like to thank Portentous for trying to end my exile from this board, Im not proud of what I have said on this board in the past, but I also dont think I warrant to be placed into the same catagory as OBJ, as even I am embarassed by what he posts and the way he even reacts towards AFC poster's in particular our two mods DT and Kane. Anyway good luck for 2006

I'm in shock, it's not April fools day is it?......anyone?

Paralowiepower said:
I'm in shock, it's not April fools day is it?......anyone?

People can change and I have, I mean when I was banned I had only been on BF for around 18mths Im now upto near 4yrs, you live and learn:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said in my post...marty has actually grown up a ....well a little bit ;) he just gets carried away... :p

but like I said if he really really wants to discuss something about Port and doesn't have access here, take it to the main board, i'm sure we'll debate him on anything on there!

Toots Hibbert said:
Yeah, and it appears that the Crows mods (or maybe its BF admin?) are cracking down on one or two individuals who keep coming up with aliases to get around being banned.

How would you know that and who they were?

Fred said:
How would you know that and who they were?
Because one who has been banned creates aliases but then makes it known who he is and is banned again. Its happened somewhere between 5 and ten times now.

Toots Hibbert said:
Because one who has been banned creates aliases but then makes it known who he is and is banned again. Its happened somewhere between 5 and ten times now.
Toots

i don't understand why everyone seems to be so concerned with OBJ. There's a lot worse than him around.
I don't think I've ever seen him get personally abusive or insulting towards anyone on this board but Arabian Goggles, NorthBhoy and one or two others have, and quite regularly. Shouldn't we be more concerned with them?

Van Der Zeevalk said:
Toots

i don't understand why everyone seems to be so concerned with OBJ. There's a lot worse than him around.
I don't think I've ever seen him get personally abusive or insulting towards anyone on this board but Arabian Goggles, NorthBhoy and one or two others have, and quite regularly. Shouldn't we be more concerned with them?
It's not him I'm talking about, its the Rooch etc etc etc. I don't sit around stressing about aliases. I was simply commenting on the fact that there is some sort of effort to clamp down on it.

Toots Hibbert said:
It's not him I'm talking about, its the Rooch etc etc etc. I don't sit around stressing about aliases. I was simply commenting on the fact that there is some sort of effort to clamp down on it.

Has been for a year or more. Impossible to get them all but some are very easy to spot.

Edwards_09 said:

No problems Marty. I've noticed an improvement in your "demeanour" over time on the AFL and Adelaide Boards.

As for OBJ, I just try not to take him seriously.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
Toots

Good post Vanders. :thumbsu:

Being the start of a new year, perhaps banned posters should get an amnesty and be allowed back.

Like Vanders said, I too only have problems with abusive posters coming on here. I have no problems with people that occasionally have a "bit of a stir". More often than not there is some truth or message behind a stir (albeit usually in an exaggerated manner) and it's a good way to get another opinion.
Some people are able to do it in a better fashion than others, but penalizing them for bad English or inexperience on these boards is a bit unfair.
Having said that, hijacking thread after thread for the sake of it gets a bit monotonous and thus a warning or two plus a holiday should/will follow.

Any future bannings for personal insults should be for the whole season though and not just a week or two.

Oh, another thing. IMO any personal wars from other boards should stay on those boards and not be brought
back here.

*PAF said:
Any future bannings for personal insults should be for the whole season though and not just a week or two.
I don't agree here, PAF. There should be an absolute no tolerance policy for abuse of a personal nature that is strictly enforced and any ban imposed should be a permanent one, and be across the board over the entire forum.
By and large there is nothing wrong with a bit of irreverent trolling where the subject matter is benign and general in content. Sometimes it generates debate and healthy discussion. The problems start, as you correctly observe, when one idiot throws a personally motivated insult - be it aimed at that person's characteristics, origins, beliefs, misfortunes etc, or intended to inflame that individual into agitated response - into the mix and the thread gets hijacked.
This is where bannings should come into it, not for harmless and humourous trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back OutbackJack and Maccas no1!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back