Bring back OutbackJack and Maccas no1!

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAF said:
Oh, another thing. IMO any personal wars from other boards should stay on those boards and not be brought
back here.
Agreed totally. In fact, better still, personal wars really need to be dealt with immediately by banning the instigator in the manner as noted above in my last post.
There is a well known quorem of aggressors on this site whose ability to escape banning for direct and blatant personal attacks - particularly when such harmless trolls as Outback Jack and Total Package get banned - completely bewilders me.
I had some discussion last weekend with a couple of mods from other boards, who both agreed that there seems to be too much leniency shown to some and a far too harsh line shown to others. It was very enlightening.

In agree totally that an abusive post should rate higher than a troll but in regards to OJ, how many times does one have to be told?

Even if you warn him, 'do it again or its stumps', he still doesn't take it seriously.

As a mod you want to see the board run smoothly with as little maintenance as possible, if that means no OJ, so be it.

Lastly OJ hasn't done himself any favours with some of the stuff he has posted on the Adelaide Board lately, so seriously why would we let him back here?

I can see what BD is getting at but I think most people are really missing the point.
Trolls are harmless and if you ignore them, or don't respond, they lose their audience and they disappear quietly. No fisherman worth his salt is going to fish in a pond where he never gets a bite or very long. Everyone here has the power to snuff out the trolls like OBJ if they really worry yuo. Just don't respond.

In complete contrast, if someone has a personal agenda against you they will follow you everywhere and post their rubbish every time you attempt to get involved in a discussion. And if they keep getting away with it, the level of the abuse continues to go up a notch every time. Ignoring them doesn't work. Reporting them doesn't work. And everyone can tolerate only so much before they retaliate. These are the ones who need to be booted clean off the site for good, not the harmless trolls.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
I can see what BD is getting at but I think most people are really missing the point.
Trolls are harmless and if you ignore them, or don't respond, they lose their audience and they disappear quietly. No fisherman worth his salt is going to fish in a pond where he never gets a bite or very long. Everyone here has the power to snuff out the trolls like OBJ if they really worry yuo. Just don't respond.

I also agree that continual personal abuse is a no go, but im not keen on having this board turned into a sample of the main board where every thread turns into an argument because OBJ has had one of his digs and people havent been able to help themselves.

The majority of people on this thread have said they dont want jack back. That is good enough for me.

Macca19 said:
I also agree that continual personal abuse is a no go, but im not keen on having this board turned into a sample of the main board where every thread turns into an argument because OBJ has had one of his digs and people havent been able to help themselves.

The majority of people on this thread have said they dont want jack back. That is good enough for me.
What about Macca, he's been banned from here for a very long time now.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
Trolls are harmless and if you ignore them, or don't respond, they lose their audience and they disappear quietly.

Trying to stop the trolls is like trying to stop the people responding to the trolls. Neither is going to happen.

Therefore its easier just to keep the trolls banned. I come here to read the interesting football discussions, not the low-brow attempt at wit from maccas and obj.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

snap-shot said:
Marty and myself have had our issues but... he is a good guy now. I believe he has learnt from this lesson.

But OBJ hasn't IMO.
Pity about his Tredrea antics, because his posts when he is being serious are good to read.
Like them or disagree with them, they are honest appraisals irrespective of popular opinions and thus add to the boards.

maccas_no1 said:
OMG I am back:thumbsu: Thanks to all the Port supporters who have supported me very many thanks:thumbsu:
Welcome back mate, as big Don once said, every board needs a few "outsiders" to keep the local bastards honest. :D :thumbsu:

Now just remember to add to the substance and not the vocabulary. :p

maccas_no1 said:
OMG I am back:thumbsu: Thanks to all the Port supporters who have supported me very many thanks:thumbsu:

The mass number of bannings from the Port board (yep all 7 including yourself) were actually being discussed by blackdiamond, Macca19 and myself when this thread came along.......

As a result of this we decided to re-instate your (and others as we now only have 2 people banned from the board) access given it's been a few years sine the original sins.............welcome back and we look forward to seeing you getting involved in the discussions.

dreamkillers said:
The mass number of bannings from the Port board (yep all 7 including yourself) were actually being discussed by blackdiamond, Macca19 and myself when this thread came along.......

As a result of this we decided to re-instate your (and others as we now only have 2 people banned from the board) access given it's been a few years sine the original sins.............welcome back and we look forward to seeing you getting involved in the discussions.
Who are the 7 DK?
One has to be that Swans4Premiers or whatever the name was. Do not allow that user name back. :eek:

dreamkillers said:

Thanks very much it was real shock to the system today to scroll down and low and behold the Port Board appeared Im like No way:D

dreamkillers said:

Who else has been allowed back into the Garden of Eden dk?

*PAF said:
Pity about his Tredrea antics, because his posts when he is being serious are good to read.
Like them or disagree with them, they are honest appraisals irrespective of popular opinions and thus add to the boards.

completely agree when he is being serious its great. But when it nit picks at people gets annoying - if you don't pay him attention he keeps at it. Much like him making alias over and over.. If he just posted serious (goes for everyone) and has a laugh here and there doesn't personally attack because of different opinions, he'll do well on here... he just doesn't, doesn't do well on the crows board. Having a go at the mods for telling him to calm down or ...having a go at other posters because of their opinons just annoys me :(

Jabsy said:
Trying to stop the trolls is like trying to stop the people responding to the trolls. Neither is going to happen.

Therefore its easier just to keep the trolls banned. I come here to read the interesting football discussions, not the low-brow attempt at wit from maccas and obj.
fair comment. But in all honesty I would rather read low brow attempts at wit from those two than read offensive garbage about how all South Australians are minders ( Sp ) and backward hicks, and how certain people get their kicks by poking fun at others' marriage breakdowns trademarks of Arabian Goggles and Bombers 2003 among others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back OutbackJack and Maccas no1!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back