Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually threw Gil under the bus by saying he wanted him to sign it as a “favourite son of south Australia”, while also saying that Gil knew heritage round was being scrapped. So you’re both complicit in being contractually unethical and misleading?
Flog.

The "favourite son of South Australia" is laughable. He left Adelaide when he was 22, he's spent pretty much all his adult life in Victoria. He is old Adelaide money, went to Hackney High and I'm realiably informed he grew up a Sturt supporter. Yes Ed, just the type of guy to do Port a solid.:rolleyes:

Again, he stated he spoke to Gill this morning. He did the same last week.
He and Gill orchestrated the whole thing apparently.
Hes painting himself as Gilligam's Consiglieri FFS.
Surely Gilligan needs to distance himself from this?

Makes you wonder what other little secrets of Gil’s that Eddie knows about.

Ed has lost the plot. If that's the only document they've got then it's open to interpretation

That document is meaningless and even Kane knows it. Was a great way of needling him though.

Nope, Eddie made a fool of himself, anyone would struggle to have an argument with someone who is as much of a baby as him.
Genuine question, is Eddie McGuire on the spectrum? He does a lot of things that suggest he could be. This is coming from someone who was diagnosed as such.
Nah just has a narcissistic personality disorder/ Sociopath. He's unable to show any empathy whatsoever , we've seen it with him mocking disabled people , indigenous people and now a entire football club.
He truly believes he's never wrong and when pushed always plays the victim.

If he and the AFL as admitted by himself publicly tonight knew that heritage round was going to get canned and signed a contract for us to wear it during those rounds we should sue them and the AFL for producing a meaningless contract.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why do the PB’s guernsey concern Fat Eddie now that he has lost his AFL connection due to him not being the President of Collingwood. To me he is just a private citizen like all of us.
Yeah I know he has his media jobs but seeing him blow his boiler on C9 is just creepy!

i think that in every home game warmup, we do a little light match practice against our SANFL team, you know, in their SANFL guernseys.

Guess I’ll listen to SEN in the morning.

This is a bad look for Gill but I reckon he will hide away.
That’s not leadership.
Yep Eddie would make a great politician.
It all has a massive stench about it.
Look, I don’t like Port but after watching that I hope you get your guernsey. Eddie showed himself up yet again as a bully. He doesn’t let anyone get a word in and then goes on to tell others to shut up when he’s speaking, but in doing so dropped a bomb. Nice one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gil never does us any favours he should stand up and do something for south Australia. Let us wear our gurney for showdowns. Just say our showdowns are heritage significant games if it helps with any contract they have stitched us up with.

And he's STILL Going. He talks about the logo change now, apparently Collingwood had to approve that too. Why is that the case? Did Collingwood have to approve the other logos that include black and white? Richmond? St Kilda? Black and white are the most ******* neutral colours, every club has used white to some extent, most have used black to some extent. I'll reiterate, Eddie McGuire is a ******* idiot.
Is this the Collingwood logo that is a direct copy of the SANFL State logo?

Why can’t we use the State logo anyway?

The other point Eddie made about the training guernsey in 2002, we had to wear that because again Collingwood did not have a suitable clash guernsey. It wasn't because we wanted to wear a teal training guernsey. Now, Bucky was savvy to go on The Footy Show to show it off because it got Vodafone and Scott's Transport plastered all over one of the highest rating shows on prime time free to air TV. But to suggest that we wanted to wear that guernsey is pure bullshit and all of us around at that time know it.

Also what is he even on about when saying that we went to teal for the money?

It was a condition of our entry into the AFL that we add a unique colour to our brand. I’m doing so we forced a wedge between our fans and our heritage, under duress of course, and it almost killed the club.

Now that we’ve gone back and embraced our roots again we’re growing membership and attendance and getting stronger by the day.

On our way to being one of those net-givers, hey Ed.

Your arguments are DEMENTED old mate.

Last edited:
I suppose we should ask ourselves what our reaction would've been if the positions were reversed and we'd been in the national competition before Collingwood, or if Centrals or Woodville had come up from a suburban league where they wore some (different) form of black and white jumper design - would Big Bob have behaved the same way as McGuire is now, or just said "nice soccer shirts" and let them wear it in Johnny-come-lately Derby matches?
In 1910 Collingwood came to Adelaide and we wore a clash uniform.

Theoretically, old Ed, outside of his media stuff has no connection to the AFL in any official capacity, yet he still talks like he runs the joint. Strange huh?

The “see you in Federal Court” comment was interesting. I can’t imagine court action can be taken by someone no longer involved in any of the involved parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back