Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it might be close to be approved? Why else would Eddie bring it up on batik al tv if it was a non event?

Yeah his anger seems odd for someone who claims to have right of refusal.

Yeah his anger seems odd for someone who claims to have right of refusal.

The Collingwood board will continue to be perceived as being run by McGuire until they go against his wishes and allow Port Adelaide to wear whatever we like.

There were two clear messages from the statements last night:
- Port Adelaide - you owe us, so shut up and do what we say
- Collingwood - you owe me, so shut up and do what I say

Last edited:

Perhaps it might be close to be approved? Why else would Eddie bring it up on batik al tv if it was a non event?

This is what I was thinking / hoping too. + he's not even president anymore so he wouldn't even be the one giving approval form Collingwood anymore.

Another thing that gives me a little hope is according to Richo on 5AA yesterday we have the AFL PBs from macron already for round 8, but are still waiting on final approval from the AFL.

surely we wouldn't have even bothered to order PI AFL PBs if we didn't think we are a real good chance of getting approval?

Last edited:
The most grating claim is once again that they have approved every request to wear it - this is an outright lie and needs to be called out by the club.

In the end, it's time to play dirty. We should be holding a press conference today outlining our side of the argument - and to get the media's attention, it should start by listing all of the abhorrent things this campaigner has said and done over the years.

Fight back Port.

chiwigi this seems to be the right time to get the band back together again.
I agree, but I also feel like the stonewall will be far greater because we are 'winning at football'.

****ing frustrating.

I agree, but I also feel like the stonewall will be far greater because we are 'winning at football'.

******* frustrating.

Our on field revival has been all about growing a pair - ballsy recruiting and list management, ballsy claims about going after the premiership, ballsy game style.

Actually doing something about this issue rather than sitting back and accepting our place as a second tier club would be entirely consistent with our approach to football.

I am angrier about this now than I was the day I heard we were denied the first AFL license.

This is not in the hands of our board anymore.
This is in the hands of every one of us that have stood on the mounds at Alberton Oval over the years.
We the 50,000 members, who contribute $10-50 million to this club and the AFL each year.

I'm not waiting anymore.

This is what I was thinking / hoping too. + he's not even president anymore so he wouldn't even be the one giving approval form Collingwood anymore.

Another thing that gives me a little hope is according to Richo on 5AA yesterday we have the AFL PBs from macron already for round 8, but are still waiting on final approval.

surely we wouldn't have even bothered to order PI AFL PBs if we didn't think we are a real good chance of getting approval?

WE SHOULDN'T NEED BLOODY COLLINGWOOD'S APPROVAL FOR ANYTHING! This is all on Gilligan, the weak prick.

Same old tired bullshit from McGuire, who incidentally is now just a journalist and his opinion is worth as much as Jon Ralph's.

Permission shouldn't need to be sought from Collingwood. The AFL is the governing body, and should be ruling equally for all clubs. Port's request to play the home Showdown this year in our traditional guernsey is celebrating our history. It has nothing to do with Collingwood and will not diminish their guernsey sales. It's a nonsense non-sequitur and it has to stop.

It has nothing to do with Collingwood and will not diminish their guernsey sales.
It's not about guernsey sales, I don't think Collingwood has ever been opposed to Port selling prison bar guernseys.
It's about corporate sponsorship. Major international companies like Emirates, CGU and Nike pay millions for the exclusive right to be associated with the black and white stripes of Collingwood. Allowing Port to wear the same colours in a similar design on a regular basis would dilute the brand value of these deals significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop quoting a racist, let him rot in hell

Look I hate to be the one to defend Mcguire here, but accusing him only of racism is unfair. He has also:

Advocated violence against women (drowning Caroline Wilson)
Made homophobic comments (Winter Olympics, men's figure skating)
Ridiculed people with a disability (amputee coin tosser)
Made demeaning comments based on religion (called Victorian sports minister John Eren a "soccer-loving, Turkish-born Mussie" at an AFL meeting; dismissed multicultural western Sydney as "the land of the falafel". )

Despite these repeated "gaffes" his opinion is consistently sought and is apparently credible on a range of topics. Unbelievable.

Do you know what the "prison bars" design really is? Its the wharf and pylons down at the Port that a ship pulls up against. It would be bloody stupid to have teal coloured bars, effectively the colour of the water.
he's saying IF THE AFL WONT LET YOU HAVE BLACK/WHITE as a kit ccolor combo. basically IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION and i know it's not the prison bard, but i think it's a good backup/last resort if you cant get your traditional kit

he's saying IF THE AFL WONT LET YOU HAVE BLACK/WHITE as a kit ccolor combo. basically IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION and i know it's not the prison bard, but i think it's a good backup/last resort if you cant get your traditional kit

It's not a good look when you come into a community and then start telling members of that community how they should be thinking.

It's not about guernsey sales, I don't think Collingwood has ever been opposed to Port selling prison bar guernseys.
It's about corporate sponsorship. Major international companies like Emirates, CGU and Nike pay millions for the exclusive right to be associated with the black and white stripes of Collingwood. Allowing Port to wear the same colours in a similar design on a regular basis would dilute the brand value of these deals significantly.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Companies do not sponsor 'colours' or 'designs'. They sponsor clubs. Heaven forbid Manchester United play in blue when they're famous for being red, or Juventus wears pink of all colours!!

Sponsors pay a lot for Collingwood as they're gifted prime time game slots and had the biggest mouthpiece in the industry as their president. They pay for exposure, not bloody jumpers you nonce.

AND I ANSWERED THE QUESTION.

sorry but you're just lapping up Eddie's Television propaganda like a parched dog getting water in 38 degree heat. Eddie is the master of rattling off a whole bunch of nonsense to make you think money is the most important thing here, when it's about football heritage and tradition, the game we've followed since before the existence of Eddie or even the AFL. nothing he said has anything to do with the issue. in reality we are the bigger and better footy club, which is the main reason why he deflects talking about all that nonsense. if you are that scared about your brand being confused with ours, you have little confidence in your own brand and philosophies and marketing competing with ours - which, as I said, makes sense, because we are the better and more successful club.

the issue is actually with our own club and has been all along, 95% of this is trash news to keep us squabbling. the club just has to present the PBs as a new home jumper for next season for every game except against Collingwood and other dark teams where it would clash. all this noise about the ball being in Collingwood's court is seriously made up trash.

AND I ANSWER THE QUESTION.
no need to yell at me man. all i'm saying is like the guy asked innocently. if the AFL said to you guys, you couldnt wear black and white, but you would be able to wear the prison bars, provided they were teal or some other color(they could be silver for all i care .it'd work too i think) would there be a prolbem? we all want you to wear the prison bars, we really do. but if it comes down to a argument over the color, because at this point, and i understand your history and why they were black/white, why not get your jersey you should be in, just in a diffrent color than you're used to. maybe down the orad you'd get to wear the proper bars. I MEAN NO HARM IN SAYING THIS AT ALL. PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME.

Collingwood have been front page news for weeks for allowing racism to fester within the club over a long period of time, the man bringing this up was effectively sacked from his position as president, their coach (and arguably greatest ever player) is more likely to be terminated than coach again next season, they had to offload some very good players for peanuts due to salary cap and list management incompetence, their star ruckman has lost complete interest in the game since signing a 7 year - 7 million dollar contract and they are every chance of going 0-2 at the hands of their biggest rival this week.

Eddie needed a serious deflection and that's what he has done.

Lol @ McGuire's hot take on us making money. One of the highest average crowds in the league, big merch sales.

Hmm, why are we not making money? Ohhh that's right. The SMA and the SANFL.

69068.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back