Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes has weighed in on the ‘Prison Bar’ jumper debate between his former club and ex-Collingwood president Eddie McGuire, labelling the AFL’s stance on the issue “pathetic”."

lol - that article rehashes everything McGuire said on FC last night, word for word, with a couple of lines thrown in about Kane saying that the AFL could have resolved this issue years ago, then back to the remainder of McGuire's rantings.

Didn't we wear it from the start of 1870?
No. We were blue and white, blue and magenta, magenta... All before adopting black and white in the first years of the XX Century.

lol - that article rehashes everything McGuire said on FC last night, word for word, with a couple of lines thrown in about Kane saying that the AFL could have resolved this issue years ago, then back to the remainder of McGuire's rantings.
Any one would think there is some form of commercial arrangement between Fox Sports and Eddie.

No. We were blue and white, blue and magenta, magenta... All before adopting black and white in the first years of the XX Century.
No the first black and white Prison Bar guernsey was worn in 1902. Collingwood have been wearing black and white since 1892, funnily enough after nicking it from the SA state team of the time.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Eddie McGuire is one of the most disingenuous campaigners ever to be involved in this game... Consistently able to frame the argument using his media bully pulpit, if he ends up at AFL House then it is curtains on this issue... We have to keep the fight up and the pressure up now, this is something we cannot afford to back down on... One day I want my kids to be able to see that jumper on the national stage, I want to be able to share it with them, be able to point to it and remind them where we came from, that we were the only established club outside of Victoria to enter the national competition, and to be able to link the club in any future era with the success and history of the past. This is about our club's history and ability to celebrate it at our discretion, it has nothing to do with Collingwood and everything to do with the AFL being weak and still unwilling to treat all clubs equally.

We cannot let this issue die

So Caroline Wilson.....

Regards to the AFL on the decision.

'They say it really depends on what Collingwood say.'

Thinking about it a bit more, did the club ask Caro to bowl up a nice juicy full toss to McGuire, knowing he would go off, and it would give our leaders the chance to respond publicly to an expected McGuire rant??

It becomes a public spat and puts it up on the agenda for the AFL to commit to making a decision, rather letting the issue drift.
No.

They don't have the balls for that.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am angrier about this now than I was the day I heard we were denied the first AFL license.

This is not in the hands of our board anymore.
This is in the hands of every one of us that have stood on the mounds at Alberton Oval over the years.
We the 50,000 members, who contribute $10-50 million to this club and the AFL each year.

I'm not waiting anymore.
Absolutely.

The time to wait for politics is GONE.

Now it is time is time for rebellion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood have been front page news for weeks for allowing racism to fester within the club over a long period of time, the man bringing this up was effectively sacked from his position as president, their coach (and arguably greatest ever player) is more likely to be terminated than coach again next season, they had to offload some very good players for peanuts due to salary cap and list management incompetence, their star ruckman has lost complete interest in the game since signing a 7 year - 7 million dollar contract and they are every chance of going 0-2 at the hands of their biggest rival this week.

Eddie needed a serious deflection and that's what he has done.
And the best way to put Eddie back in his box and take back control of the debate is to bring up the racism.

Every time Eddie opens his stupid trap you say "I would have thought Eddie has made enough gaffs in regards to black and white for one year"

See how long he wants to keep having that dredged up for.

I reckon McGuire has seen our arguments about economic return from the PB jumper and why he has now changed tact and talked about economics and value of the jumper to sponsors and how much money they bring in for the AFL, rather than the legal documents going to court argument, although he did mention trademarks after what I have quoted below.

I love the $6mill Collingwood receive less than Port Adelaide, which is a bullshit figure plugged out of his arse, and of course unchallenged by Caro who doesn't like looking at facts, just soap opera, gossip and scandal stuff, and he talks about $3mil of the $6mil being salary cap which is just straight out bullshit. He was inventing crap on the spot as he stumbled.

"Collingwood receives $6mil a year less than Port Adelaide. 3 million most, than the, ah, what the salary cap is. Collingwood is a net giver......."

Last edited:
I only lasted about for about 2 minutes of E. Everywhere's crap last night, and like probably a number of others I suspect that whole segment was choreographed for effect.

I also suspect our yank mate nickroseville wasn't trolling and meant well with his comments.

I’m not a fan of violence, by all means, but Cardone deserves a beating. He shouldn’t be allowed to be close to Alberton. Yet, he has a seat in our board...

I only lasted about for about 2 minutes of E. Everywhere's crap last night, and like probably a number of others I suspect that whole segment was choreographed for effect.

I also suspect our yank mate nickroseville meant well with his comments, and I doubt he was trolling.
Bit hard to believe when he has been on here 7.5 years, 28 posts and his last 17 are about our jumper and some nuclear option and why we should come up with some mickey mouse design.

Is Scott Morrisoin in charge of the AFL - feels spinless....
Gil, Goyder and the Commission have taken sick leave for 3 months.

I also suspect our yank mate nickroseville wasn't trolling and meant well with his comments.
i do mean well and i am absolutely NOT trolling. just been more of a lurker, as i am on all message boards i've been on

silly question, why do the SANFL website show port magpies with our Power symbol every where? have they abandoned the port round symbol?
Yes, it is a one club logo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back