• Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm baaack.

You'll be happy to know **** has just taken us to our second premiership. Who gives a F888ck how he was appointed.

You forgot to mention which years they were in .... ;)

Oh and did you get a sports almanac or lotto numbers so you can buy the training facility and pay off the Lion's debt etc?

You forgot to mention which years they were in .... ;)

Oh and did you get a sports almanac or lotto numbers so you can buy the training facility and pay off the Lion's debt etc?
Not saying if I did or didn't but just between you and I, just put my house on Brisbane 2019.;)

Have you ever read more unmitigated crap than what' s been going on in this thread lately?

I know I haven't.

Unprovable assertions, Unwinnable arguments, pissing contests and silly analogies, not to mention semantics and circular logic.

In a few weeks no-one is going to give a flying fig a bout the precise mechanics of the appointment of our next coach or whether the "AFL" had none, some or all the say in it. Seems that either Fagan or Barker is our man, and we are all confident that we are going in the right direction.
Not trying to be argumentative but most threads are circular by nature because they are based on rumour and hearsay. You dont have much of a thread if you just post the rumour and no one adds their opinion. Fact negates most opinion and concludes most conversation

Brisbane Lions narrow coach list to three

THE BRISBANE Lions ramped up their coach search on Tuesday, with Brett Montgomery travelling north to be interviewed as one of three main candidates.

Montgomery, who was also spoken to by the Lions in Melbourne last week, faced members of the club's selection panel, including new football manager David Noble.

The former Western Bulldogs assistant was one of four candidates spoken to in Melbourne last week by CEO Greg Swann and list manager Peter Schwab.

The other three were front-runner Chris Fagan, Carlton assistant John Barker, and Hawthorn assistant Brett Ratten, who has since pulled out of the race.

It is understood the Lions will again interview Fagan, Hawthorn's head of football, in the coming days.

Barker, however, is overseas for up to two weeks and will conduct any required interviews electronically before returning to Australia.

Montgomery, who is completing the AFL's Level Four accreditation course, threw his hat in the ring early for the Lions' position, vacated by sacked coach Justin Leppitsch.

He was understood to be considering senior assistant positions elsewhere after meeting with the Lions last week, but was persuaded to go through the full interview process.

He has met with Richmond, which last week appointed fellow Level Four coach Blake Caracella and is still on the lookout for multiple assistants to support Damien Hardwick.

The Lions' coach search has narrowed significantly after multiple strong candidates chose not to apply, believing it was a two-horse race.

The five-person panel to select the new coach includes Noble, Swann and Schwab.

Rounding out the panel is club great Simon Black and consultant and psychologist Matti Clements, who was a member of the panel that selected St Kilda coach Alan Richardson.

Barker no hope if he's o/s and doing his interview "electronically"

I read this and thought, 'If you were really really keen you would surely postpone an OS trip'. I would if it was the job of a lifetime.

Can we just hurry up and appoint fagen, this lame duck race is just becoming borish for all involved, it further illustrates how dysfunctional we are in our processes, and YES - I know the AFL is playing the hand of God but even our, presentation and delivery of this process has been amateur hour, in keeping
with our usual standards I would suggest.

I read this and thought, 'If you were really really keen you would surely postpone an OS trip'. I would if it was the job of a lifetime.

Can we just hurry up and appoint fagen, this lame duck race is just becoming borish for all involved, it further illustrates how dysfunctional we are in our processes, and YES - I know the AFL is playing the hand of God but even our, presentation and delivery of this process has been amateur hour, in keeping
with our usual standards I would suggest.

I'm not sure how following through and speaking to all candidates rather than just saying "sod it, skip the process, let's hire the predetermined winner" proves our processes are dysfunctional. Yeah there's a clear favourite at this point - and a good reason for that favourite - but I think that that's all there is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how following through and speaking to all candidates rather than just saying "sod it, skip the process, let's hire the predetermined winner" proves our processes are dysfunctional. Yeah there's a clear favourite at this point - and a good reason for that favourite - but I think that that's all there is.

Do you think I am suggesting that though? I want proper process. I am saying as it hasn't really happened, i'd rather just cut the crap at this point.

Personally i think it is the media that is dysfunctional. Just let the club run the process.

I am not happy that we sent several good candidates away with the opinion they should not bother applying, I highly doubt those candidates formed that opinion from Herald Sun articles. I would love proper process, just don't believe it has been executed very well at all.

Did you have pants on?
Don't mean to steal your thunder Jivlain but this actually happened to me.

At the time I was living in QLD interviewing for a job in VIC. When agreeing to the Skype interview time I didn't consider day-light savings... so my future employer was suitably impressed when I answered fresh from the shower wearing nothing but a towel ;)

We didnt send them away, they choose not to bother. On the other hand we encouraged Mont to do the full interview.

Ok so.. our club in all its virtue can steer applicants away without an interview because we are so 'in the know' when it comes to appointments and we can just kind of pick and choose who we let grace out interview table?

The idea of the coaching search, when done properly, is to cast the net 'far and wide' and to let applicants go through a rigorous process to unearth the best applicant, our process has not been that? so Stuart Dew wasn't worth interview, Caracalla wasn't worth interviewing?

It's either we are guiding an outcome in which we aren't following a rigorous process or it's a lame duck race?

The reason I raise this now is I want us to start just being normal and professional, if this process goes wrong or Fagen doesn't work out, I want to be able to at least say.. 'we left no stone unturned' in finding the best candidate and TBH, much like the rumours around Leppas appointment, it sounds like candidates just are sensing a bit of a 'bizarro world' vibe and backing away.

If the AFL is guiding the process, I want us to say 'We have forgone the interview process and would like to announce Chris Fagen as our senior coach, whilst the interview process is usually essential, we saw Chris as simply to perfect for our role as coach and didn't want to hesitate in naming him as our coach"

Instead we are doing a Pseudo fake coach search, so as we don't look like we 'jumped the gun' but in essence have just come out looking unprofessional again.

You might say I am being overly critical, but ask yourself this? has this process been the first step in a new professional era at the Brisbane Lions? no.. i would suggest it has been a continuation of a sort of Bizarro, grey area, nearly ran culture we seem to love to carry on with.

We didnt send them away, they choose not to bother. On the other hand we encouraged Mont to do the full interview.
Ok so.. our club in all its virtue can steer applicants away without an interview because we are so 'in the know' when it comes to appointments and we can just kind of pick and choose who we let grace out interview table?

Again, ignoring what people say & misrepresenting their comments to suit your narrative.:thumbsdown:

Again, ignoring what people say & misrepresenting their comments to suit your narrative.:thumbsdown:

Ummm - the poster you have highlighted suggested that we 'encouraged' a particular candidate and let others walk, or.. as an extension, didn't encourage them to apply?

And anyhow, my post it an extension of that posters comments and just further food for thought - I asked the question you have highlighted to lead me into my own post? it's not even necessarily a rebuttal, not really sure you have highlighted anything note worthy there old mate.

Ummm - the poster you have highlighted suggested that we 'encouraged' a particular candidate and let others walk, or.. as an extension, didn't encourage them to apply?

And anyhow, my post it an extension of that posters comments and just further food for thought - I asked the question you have highlighted to lead me into my own post? it's not even necessarily a rebuttal, not really sure you have highlighted anything note worthy there old mate.
No, he just suggested we didn't send anyone away, and you're implying he said the opposite of that.
You do this a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Brisbane Lions 2017 Coach is Chris Fagan

Back