• Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome dennis pagen!

In all seriousness, what do people think the time frame on assistant appointments might be?

Hoping for monty.
Somehow dont think monty will play second fiddle to another coach who beat him to the punch again. Hope i am wrong though. He would be a great addition

Will wait and see how this turns out. Wouldn't be saying he is a 'win' yet... Has some huge question marks but one thing going for him is that he is arguably the best qualified person to walk into this club since Leigh in 1999. Already miles ahead of Voss and Leppa IMO.
He is super experianced.... and super successful building and maintaining a successful culture.... He will take control of our list..... and they wont question his credentials

This feels like a really good step in a really good direction at the moment. He was clearly the favourite, yet I also somehow always thought we'd end up choosing the 'lite' option and hoping it'll be different this time.

He is super experianced.... and super successful building and maintaining a successful culture.... He will take control of our list..... and they wont question his credentials
Yeah,the last statement is crucial,heads pulled in,hear that Rocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great move Lions. Just as important now though is how we go about filling up our ranks of assistants. Plenty of appointments to still be made.

There are other clubs looking for assistants geelong (replacement for carracella), richmond and port

Richmond and Port already have senior assistant coaches in place so he would be coming in even further down the food chain. At Brisbane he would be second banana to a coach who is likely to be more of a manager than a coach and so he could really have some say.

Great to see this all on the club website... #sixmonthsinaleakyclub

I'm still smarting and sore over the past few years, so I'm a bit "meh" on the appointment. If it yields results however, watch me come flying back.

Great to see this all on the club website... #sixmonthsinaleakyclub

I'm still smarting and sore over the past few years, so I'm a bit "meh" on the appointment. If it yields results however, watch me come flying back.

Well how about you take your negativity and leave till you are positive. It really does my head in that the club is doing all they can to make good appointments and people are saying "meh" or "I'll wait to see him succeed before getting excited".

we need to really change our mentality and think bigger picture, and it's all been positive of late. Let's act that way.

Interestingly the afl.com.au article has been updated to include "The Lions are expected to appoint a senior assistant to work under Fagan, with a number of assistant coaching positions also to be filled." Surely one of Monty or Barker as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Brisbane Lions 2017 Coach is Chris Fagan

Back