Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just connecting the dots here but isn't one of the draw backs on fagan that he isn't that great tactically? And if I'm right I read that Montgomery was apparently excellent in that regard. Maybe those two together could form a pretty nice combo.

Great to see this all on the club website... #sixmonthsinaleakyclub

I'm still smarting and sore over the past few years, so I'm a bit "meh" on the appointment. If it yields results however, watch me come flying back.

The coach appointment ones always leak, Leppas did also - its usually coaches managers finding out their clients have been unsuccsessful, who then casually leak it as they don't give a dam. This is usually done so as applicants at least find out not via the media - which I can live with.

Stuff like contents of board meetings, less forgivable.

Richmond and Port already have senior assistant coaches in place so he would be coming in even further down the food chain. At Brisbane he would be second banana to a coach who is likely to be more of a manager than a coach and so he could really have some say.
You are right guess he will choose centrelink then. Clearly there are no other options other then us or centrelink:rolleyes:.

Hope so. What would his strengths be?
Player management and relations is definitely one of his biggest strengths. He has an ability to bring unity to the group and buy in on his plans. A huge player in our premiership success and probably gone under the radar in terms of his game day and tactical brain.

Hopefully he is given the freedom to build the club up his way and bring the Lions back to the top end of the ladder.

Richmond and Port already have senior assistant coaches in place so he would be coming in even further down the food chain. At Brisbane he would be second banana to a coach who is likely to be more of a manager than a coach and so he could really have some say.
If you saw my other post i said i would love monty but considering he missed out on the job at the bulldogs and was the head assistant under the guy who beat him to that job i would find it hard to see him moving his entire life north for the exact same position in the exact same circumstances, not to mention he interveiwed for a position at richmond about a week ago, but who knows right☺

Interestingly the afl.com.au article has been updated to include "The Lions are expected to appoint a senior assistant to work under Fagan, with a number of assistant coaching positions also to be filled." Surely one of Monty or Barker as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good pick up. I'm sure they have been in Mont's ear and some other people as well.

Player management and relations is definitely one of his biggest strengths. He has an ability to bring unity to the group and buy in on his plans. A huge player in our premiership success and probably gone under the radar in terms of his game day and tactical brain.

Hopefully he is given the freedom to build the club up his way and bring the Lions back to the top end of the ladder.

Exactly what we need at the moment, great to hear. Sure the Hawks will be happy that other clubs will be poaching our assistant coaches in years to come :p

Exactly what we need at the moment, great to hear. Sure the Hawks will be happy that other clubs will be poaching our assistant coaches in years to come :p
Would be nice for another team to pump out some coach ready assistance for once ;)

Well how about you take your negativity and leave till you are positive. It really does my head in that the club is doing all they can to make good appointments and people are saying "meh" or "I'll wait to see him succeed before getting excited".

we need to really change our mentality and think bigger picture, and it's all been positive of late. Let's act that way.

Given I've tried to be positive for a long time and it's gotten me no where, I'll pass.

How many clubs have signed up great white hopes only to have them dashed? I really do hope it's a case of third time lucky, but I'm sick of having my heart broken (I'm sure there's a song/simpsons reference in that) so I'm playing it cautious.

Im optimistic that Fagan can turn our club around but at the end of the day he still is an untried coach at senior level. He has a mammoth task ahead and will need a few years at the helm to sort out his playing list and game plan before we start bearing fruit. Anything sooner is a bonus. Good luck Chris

Would be nice for another team to pump out some coach ready assistance for once ;)
It's a pretty big compliment to be the current factory for the league though, surely :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't the job of just one man to fix our club. Noble and Fagan seem like an incredibly well credentialed team to start to get things right. Swanny and the Lambos are already in place as well. I feel like we are on the right track now that we are bringing in quality football people. Now to bring in some Assistant coaches to develop our young talent. Still a long tough road to be had but it all starts with the culture we build. The playing group must unite as one and have a common goal.

We all have the right and duty to be cautious from now on.

But NobFag is a home run in an 'appoinment' sense, who knows what the future holds - but we have nailed the first stage of the process.

We have appointed 2 incredibly astute football people, who together have a track record of long term succsess and crises mamagment.

Cant wait to see the panel in its entirety, good assistants have never beem more important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Brisbane Lions 2017 Coach is Chris Fagan

Back