Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble only signed on the condition that Fagan would be signed as coach, and vice Versa. They've had a number of meetings together already, dating back to the last round or two of the season. Even before the finals.

Fagan had meetings with the BL marketing manager 3 weeks ago to nut out how all this'll take place.

The reality is, it's the best outcome for everyone concerned. It was always a matter of getting timing right with teams in finals, and not looking like they've rushed into it. Fact is though, they haven't rushed into it, it started 6-8 weeks ago.
If true, Noble's interview on SEN yesterday was a bit naughty because he said that he hadn't spoken to Fagan (or any other candidate).

If true, Noble's interview on SEN yesterday was a bit naughty because he said that he hadn't spoken to Fagan (or any other candidate).

Standard behavior. Is he really going to say "Yeah I caught up with Fagan to put plans in place, two nights before we played our first final, when I didn't even have the role yet".

He has to tell a white lie. Like every single club.

Standard behavior. Is he really going to say "Yeah I caught up with Fagan to put plans in place, two nights before we played our first final, when I didn't even have the role yet".

He has to tell a white lie. Like every single club.
Yes, I get all of that. I'm clearly old fashioned. I don't like it.

Yes, I get all of that. I'm clearly old fashioned. I don't like it.

I hate to spoil your world, but they all lie. And need to lie. Even Swann this morning, do you think they haven't discussed trading Rockliff and/or Hanley? Of course they have. Doesn't mean they will. But most importantly, he's not going to say it on radio.

I hate to spoil your world, but they all lie. And need to lie. Even Swann this morning, do you think they haven't discussed trading Rockliff and/or Hanley? Of course they have. Doesn't mean they will. But most importantly, he's not going to say it on radio.
Thanks for the life lesson.

So you reckon they have discussed trading senior players without the input of the two most important people at any club. Swann is the CEO, and his role is to run the business side of things not to manage the list.
Noble & Fagan/Barker will have a big say in List management as well as the game plan/structures, culture, leadership, etc.
I'm in the camp that we need to keep our senior players, use pick 2 to draft a gun and trade in 2 KPDs. Allow Noble and Fagan/Barker to fix the culture and improve leadership across the board.

So you reckon they have discussed trading senior players without the input of the two most important people at any club. Swann is the CEO, and his role is to run the business side of things not to manage the list.
Noble & Fagan/Barker will have a big say in List management as well as the game plan/structures, culture, leadership, etc.
I'm in the camp that we need to keep our senior players, use pick 2 to draft a gun and trade in 2 KPDs. Allow Noble and Fagan/Barker to fix the culture and improve leadership across the board.

If you read my previous posts, discussions have been had for some time. Do you think that talks of a player possibly leaving the club, let alone the club captain, but the powers to be just sit back and say "nope, we aren't discussing it, we haven't announced the coach yet". Come on guys, let's not bury our heads in the sand. They're much more switched on and calculated than that.

Noble only signed on the condition that Fagan would be signed as coach, and vice Versa. They've had a number of meetings together already, dating back to the last round or two of the season. Even before the finals.

Fagan had meetings with the BL marketing manager 3 weeks ago to nut out how all this'll take place.

The reality is, it's the best outcome for everyone concerned. It was always a matter of getting timing right with teams in finals, and not looking like they've rushed into it. Fact is though, they haven't rushed into it, it started 6-8 weeks ago.

If you read my previous posts, discussions have been had for some time. Do you think that talks of a player possibly leaving the club, let alone the club captain, but the powers to be just sit back and say "nope, we aren't discussing it, we haven't announced the coach yet". Come on guys, let's not bury our heads in the sand. They're much more switched on and calculated than that.
you come across as 100% certain of your posts contents. if you were not at these meetings you must have one hell of a high ranking lions official source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely...This is all about what's best for the Club from here on in...Noble will be all over KPI's are measured and sit down with players prior to any sign off on..Expecting more changes in the football department..Hass leaving probably knew the writing was on the wall...

Fair point.

All I'm saying is that what was said at exit interviews is out the window with the appointment of the two most important positions - HOF & Coach. As it stands atm the only two positions safe for 2017 and beyond are the HOF & the Coach who obviously haven't made up their mind regarding our list.
I don't think our CEO would have any input re: list management and our list manager will need to wait for direction from the Noble and coach.

Also, you mention They're much more switched on and calculated than that.
Who are they?

Noble & Coach > they
As it stands now I will place faith in Noble and Coach then they

thanks for the reply, now about that OP, pick 1?

would love any information you come across.

I'm assuming you mean PP? I'm led to believe there isn't a final decision yet. But at this stage, I think we are likely to receive one. Either 2/3 (we already have 2) or end of first round. It won't be 1.

It's all dependent on how we go through all this process. ie we basically need to do as we are told, tow the line and then we will be rewarded.

I'm assuming you mean PP? I'm led to believe there isn't a final decision yet. But at this stage, I think we are likely to receive one. Either 2/3 (we already have 2) or end of first round. It won't be 1.

It's all dependent on how we go through all this process. ie we basically need to do as we are told, tow the line and then we will be rewarded.
You do realise it will be decided/announced on Monday?

You do realise it will be decided/announced on Monday?

Well they're meeting on Monday.. To decide, hence me saying there's not been a final decision made.

But I meant that since the AFL have (unofficially) taken over things, we've had to tick all the boxes, play nicely and make sure we do all the right things. Which we've not done so well throughout the latter half of the year.

Hey guys, It's time again for everyone's favourite just invented forum game 'etymological discussion'.

I have always assumed that the expression was 'toe the line' ie keep your toes behind the line, don't overstep the mark etc, but the above raises the possibility that it could be something more nautical ie 'towing a line' as in a Tow rope, what are people's thoughts? What does google say?, once we've decided on the correct saying how can we disseminate that info more widely.

Hey guys, It's time again for everyone's favourite just invented forum game 'etymological discussion'.

I have always assumed that the expression was 'toe the line' ie keep your toes behind the line, don't overstep the mark etc, but the above raises the possibility that it could be something more nautical ie 'towing a line' as in a Tow rope, what are people's thoughts? What does google say?, once we've decided on the correct saying how can we disseminate that info more widely.
Tow the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Brisbane Lions 2017 Coach is Chris Fagan

Back