News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like the 1897-1908 jumper is going to get picked.

I do belive this jumper was made in 1996 & fitzroy played in it minus the ffc monogram

I do belive this jumper was made in 1996 & fitzroy played in it minus the ffc monogram
Yeah, it's great isn't it?
The one jumper Fitzroy never used is the one they are getting to win.
And that's because the others look too much like jumpers people have already bought.
No point releaseing a jumper for people to buy if they already have one.
If anything 3 is a mis-mash of the three options, only they also used the wrong colour for the centre stripe.

As for the graphics, yes, they are from my site, no, I know nothing about their use.
No permission given, none asked for.

Nope. I was at that match.

The heritage jumper that Fitzroy played in in 1996 was maroon and gold. The jumper in the Lions vote is nothing like that jumper apart from the maroon and the stripe down the middle.

heritage_option_a.jpg
Fitzroy-1996.gif

Similar in the fact that they are both maroon footy jumpers.
Different in regard to everything else about them.

Yep you are both spot on! There have been a few "fake" fitzroy 1996 centenary jumpers from that game pop up on ebay. Itstotally different.

Now when you say the votes are countless i agree 100%!

i bet ya the 1908 jumperhave already been made & ready for selling.

I will be buying one though, they are a great looking jumper

they are way off the correct jumper But the jumper that is winning & will win has many items iconic with the brand fitzroy

Color tv stuffed 3 clubs jumpers sadly

As for the graphics, yes, they are from my site, no, I know nothing about their use.
No permission given, none asked for.

This really, really annoys me. Is there an email we can bombard in outrage?

EDIT: looks like there's lots:

Customer Service: customerservice@lions.com.au
Brisbane Office: club@lions.com.au
Melbourne Office: melbourne@lions.com.au
Membership Department: membership@lions.com.au
Corporate Sales: sales@lions.com.au
Football Department: players@lions.com.au
Events Department: events@lions.com.au
Media Department: media@lions.com.au
Sponsorship Department: sponsorship@lions.com.au
Finance Department: finance@lions.com.au
Brisbane Lions Foundation: blfoundation@lions.com.au
Brisbane AFL Shop: shop@lions.com.au
Employment: jobs@lions.com.au
Community: community@lions.com.au
Social Media: socialmedia@lions.com.au

Tel: 07 3335 1777
Fax: 07 3891 1222
Email: club@lions.com.au

Tel: 03 8850 5600
Fax: 03 8850 5611
Email: melbourne@lions.com.au

EDIT 2: Email sent to - club@lions.com.au; melbourne@lions.com.au; socialmedia@lions.com.au; customerservice@lions.com.au

Subject: Misuse of images

On your website you have used images created and owned by the owner of footyjumpers.com without asking for his consent, nor citing anywhere on your page where the images were sourced from.

http://www.lions.com.au/fanzone/halloffameguernsey/tabid/19107/default.aspx

In his own words: "As for the graphics, yes, they are from my site, no, I know nothing about their use. No permission given, none asked for."

Do you think it is correct or fair to be using these images on your site without giving proper citation to the creator of these images or where they were stolen from?

Original images: http://www.bomberblitz.com/~rmered/fitzroyall.htm

I don't believe the vote count is reflective of the votes made, given I voted on my PC, then voted again on another one (with a different IP) and the numbers did not change,
My belief is they have already decided which one they want to use (3) and are now creating a ruse to make people think the most popular one was selected.

I voted and the number went up (by the looks of it you can vote more than once if you go back to the home page and open the article again), the only thing that's a bit suspicious is when one option jumps up a couple hundred in a short time. Anyway, option 1 is winning now.

None of them are real as they all have the lion watermark on them.

Why can't they just use an actual design that was used, rather than create something new? Or here's something different, instead of a heritage jumper, create a future jumper, say a Lions jumper from 2046 (50th year of merger). It'll look just as ridiculous.

Brisbane told me "talk to KooGa"
Kooga told me to email one of their marketing guys.
I basically said I would be happy for them to use my graphics so long as they note where they got them from.
Wouldn't mind one of those jumpers though...

Oh, and the versions on the website now have the uniform removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane told me "talk to KooGa"
Kooga told me to email one of their marketing guys.
I basically said I would be happy for them to use my graphics so long as they note where they got them from.
Wouldn't mind one of those jumpers though...

Oh, and the versions on the website now have the uniform removed.

You should be pushing for a free jumper out of that haha

Brisbane's multimedia co-ordinator emailed me quite quickly after my email and said:

Our apologies, we weren’t aware that the artwork supplied contained artwork without permission.
We have removed these images from the site now.

Sounds like someone at Kooga has just ripped them from your website and sent their designs on to the Lions.

Typical, as soon as they realise they're in the wrong they quickly change it. Keep badgering them for misuse and try and get a freebie.

HA HA how funny it's like they are a naughty little kid and fixed the problem and nothing had happened in the first place.

Typical, as soon as they realise they're in the wrong they quickly change it.

Well what would we have them do - leave them up? They had two options: take them down, or get into further discussions with Mero about using them. One is simple and easy, the other potentially not so.

Mero said they could use them as long as they acknowledge the source, which is a good idea because it means they could have kept them up so people are able to see the inspiration for the new jumpers and it also gives Mero's website some more exposure.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back