News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of the people buying it don't care about how accurate is and just want it because it 'looks cool', I'd buy it if I had the money regardless of accuracy.

Why would they make any less money with an accurate heritage guernsey?

Because they've used it before, giving people an opportunity to buy them in the past.
3 is different enough that punters might decide to get one.
If they already have something very much like 1, do they buy another one?

This little excersise will probly make the club 50,000

So are you saying they will sell them through the club site or shop, or through AFL Stores?

Because if you're thinking all of them through the club shop, at no discount, they would have to sell about 900.
That's $55 per jumper, plus the $2 they make for when the AFL sells a licensed product.
Now, if the numbers are something like selling 250 at the club shop, which would be the equivalent of selling like hot cakes for a club store, And then the other AFL stores also sold them, say another 250, then they're looking at making closer to $13,000.
They would have to be making them in kid sizes, youth and adult to sell 250 of a one off jumper.
Clubs make around $55 per jumper sold at their club shop.
They make 66% of 12.5% of the Wholesale price, which on a $110 jumper wholesale is $55, so they make $4.50 each.
Face it, you pulled $50,000 out of thin air and it is nothing close to what they will make.

Melbourne for instance lost money on the first two Heritage jumpers.
They bought 100 for their club shop and couldn't sell 50.
Remembering they're buying them for $55, trying to sell them for $110, they had to sell half to actually get back what they paid. And they didn't.

They might not either. No. 3 (the one with the blue stripe down the middle) is not one I'd buy. Brisbane slapping on an FFC logo on a jumper does not make it a Fitzroy jumper.

If Fitzroy were still in the AFL and they did it, obviously that would be different. Even if the Roys did it in the VAFA, I'd still regard that as a Fitzroy jumper. Fitzroy own the rights to any Fitzroy jumper, having trademarked the FFC logo in 1998.

They might not either. No. 3 (the one with the blue stripe down the middle) is not one I'd buy. Brisbane slapping on an FFC logo on a jumper does not make it a Fitzroy jumper.

If Fitzroy were still in the AFL and they did it, obviously that would be different. Even if the Roys did it in the VAFA, I'd still regard that as a Fitzroy jumper. Fitzroy own the rights to any Fitzroy jumper, having trademarked the FFC logo in 1998.
Brisbane have the right to use the FFC logo, and have done so in the past. (2003, 2005 & 2007)
However, I wouldn't blame you for not buying it.
But then, without a point of reference, namely the graphics they took down, who of the Fitzroy supporters knows it isn't a Lions jumper?

So are you saying they will sell them through the club site or shop, or through AFL Stores?

Because if you're thinking all of them through the club shop, at no discount, they would have to sell about 900.
That's $55 per jumper, plus the $2 they make for when the AFL sells a licensed product.
Now, if the numbers are something like selling 250 at the club shop, which would be the equivalent of selling like hot cakes for a club store, And then the other AFL stores also sold them, say another 250, then they're looking at making closer to $13,000.
They would have to be making them in kid sizes, youth and adult to sell 250 of a one off jumper.
Clubs make around $55 per jumper sold at their club shop.
They make 66% of 12.5% of the Wholesale price, which on a $110 jumper wholesale is $55, so they make $4.50 each.
Face it, you pulled $50,000 out of thin air and it is nothing close to what they will make.

Melbourne for instance lost money on the first two Heritage jumpers.
They bought 100 for their club shop and couldn't sell 50.
Remembering they're buying them for $55, trying to sell them for $110, they had to sell half to actually get back what they paid. And they didn't.
I was also including the 40 oddplayer issues they will more than likley sell on there auction page @ $200-$300 each?

Brisbane have the right to use the FFC logo, and have done so in the past. (2003, 2005 & 2007)

Not without Fitzroy's permission they don't. The FFC logo is trademarked by the Fitzroy Football Club until 2018 at least. Given that it wasn't trademarked until 1998, that trademark forms no part of any merger agreement signed in 1996, involving Brisbane or the AFL.

But then, without a point of reference, namely the graphics they took down, who of the Fitzroy supporters knows it isn't a Lions jumper?

A Fitzroy Lions jumper? Or a Brisbane Lions jumper?

Because they've used it before, giving people an opportunity to buy them in the past.
If they already have something very much like 1, do they buy another one?
From ten years ago? Don't see many of those floating around anymore.

Not without Fitzroy's permission they don't. The FFC logo is trademarked by the Fitzroy Football Club until 2018 at least. Given that it wasn't trademarked until 1998, that trademark forms no part of any merger agreement signed in 1996, involving Brisbane or the AFL.

But given Brisbane's use of it to date, isn't it possible that such blanket permission has already been given?

But given Brisbane's use of it to date, isn't it possible that such blanket permission has already been given?

As far as I am aware permission is given on a case by case basis, as it comes up. Having said that Fitzroy have had no real reason for refusing Brisbane using it in an AFL match, unless there was a pressing reason to do so. My point is is that Fitzroy hold the rights to the FFC and permission must be sought.

If only fitzroy fc vafa club could have a shop themselvs & sell there old style jumpers. I know the fitzroy shop sells 96 pre seasons

:confused:

Umm...why would they need one themselves? They already have one. The Fitzroy Shop is the shop for the Fitzroy FC in the VAFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just putting it out there, without acknowledging the true reasons behind the present arrangement... but it would be great if the Fitzroy shop was closer to Fitzroy, and not so far away in Mordialloc.

Just putting it out there, without acknowledging the true reasons behind the present arrangement... but it would be great if the Fitzroy shop was closer to Fitzroy, and not so far away in Mordialloc.

What i mean is roylion with fitzroy being so popular on the jumper front. With fitzroy fc having the rights to the old fitzroy monogram if they had have got on the front foot they could have a ebay store or similar for fitzroy jumpers. To raise much needed funds for fitzroy vafa.

Yes with the shop being in mordi it is hard to get to. From memory its open on wensdays & 1 sunday a month. At present they sell the pre 1975 the jumper post 1975 & the 1996 ansett cup jumpers. Im sure most people do not know they even have a store. A shop somwhere near the cbd would be great but i think where they are situated now is good as they probly dont have many overheads.

From ten years ago? Don't see many of those floating around anymore.
Well they most likely weren't destroyed. They still exist in some capacity.
And that may point to a further problem.
People who have them don't wear them anyway.
'Hey old Roy fans, here's a Brisbane Heritage jumper that looks just like the one you bought years ago and no longer wear.'
Meh, pass.

I was also including the 40 oddplayer issues they will more than likley sell on there auction page @ $200-$300 each?
So, and I'll take what I believe to be absolute maximum amounts here, the extra $12,000 they get from 40 x $300 is going to bring that $13,000 up to $50,000.

However, I wouldn't blame you for not buying it.
Requesting to take down the images from footyjumpers.com is seeming like a bit of a mistake.

Originally, a voter could compare and contrast the two images. The first option would obviously seem more of a true throwback. Since the footyjumpers.com images are no longer there, the last two jumpers are implied to be remakes of actual, old Fitzroy jumpers.

Of course, no one would like to see your hard work uncredited. But the point of your website is to showcase VFL/AFL history in the form of strips. By disallowing Brisbane Lions to use the images, you're contradicting the aim of the website.

I'm not having a go, although it might appear like this. It's just disappointing. You'd think BBFFC would just chuck a 'Images via footyjumpers.com' disclaimer, instead of pulling the images.

What i mean is roylion with fitzroy being so popular on the jumper front. With fitzroy fc having the rights to the old fitzroy monogram if they had have got on the front foot they could have a ebay store or similar for fitzroy jumpers. To raise much needed funds for fitzroy vafa.

Eventually that may happen. However the Fitzroy Shop is well advertised on the Fitzroy website and getting a Fitzroy jumper should be relatively easy via the post. Maybe online ordering will happen at some point.

Yes with the shop being in mordi it is hard to get to. From memory its open on wensdays & 1 sunday a month. At present they sell the pre 1975 the jumper post 1975 & the 1996 ansett cup jumpers. Im sure most people do not know they even have a store. A shop somwhere near the cbd would be great but i think where they are situated now is good as they probly dont have many overheads.

Finding a suitable site in the CBD is the problem. The shop is also run by volunteers and the costs of running a shop at Mordialloc is low. Ideally any such future shop would be at the Brunswick Street Oval or at least nearby in Fitzroy or North Fitzroy. An opportunity may arise at some time in the future, particularly as the club continues its resurrection.

:thumbsu: Agree with you on this one Omegaville.

The cost is very low.
Bill Atherton is a Fitzroy director, and my understanding is he either pays the rent for the shop, or maybe even he owns it. Something like that.
He runs his accountancy in the office above it.
I don't think Fitzroy pay anything, not even the electric bill.

You can order stuff through the website.

The cost is very low.
Bill Atherton is a Fitzroy director, and my understanding is he either pays the rent for the shop, or maybe even he owns it. Something like that.
He runs his accountancy in the office above it.
I don't think Fitzroy pay anything, not even the electric bill.

You can order stuff through the website.

Yep you are spot on. I went when the shop was closed once & spoke to the man in the accounting shop. Very nice man

Look at the voting now. 3 up by heaps & like 5,000 more votes than it had earlier. I smell somthing fishy going on
Make that 6990 votes more.

Option 1 has picked up 3200 votes.

In that time Option 2 has received an amazing 18 votes.

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (43% - 11029)
OPTION 2: 1912-1941 (3% - 891)
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (53% - 13677)

Make that 6990 votes more.

Option 1 has picked up 3200 votes.

In that time Option 2 has received an amazing 18 votes.

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (43% - 11029)
OPTION 2: 1912-1941 (3% - 891)
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (53% - 13677)

In the time of when you posted that 8 mins ago to now
#1 has had 4 votes
#3 has had 387

In 8 minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back