News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Make that 6990 votes more.

Option 1 has picked up 3200 votes.

In that time Option 2 has received an amazing 18 votes.

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (43% - 11029)
OPTION 2: 1912-1941 (3% - 891)
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (53% - 13677)
OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (42% - 11053)
OPTION 2: 1912-1941 (5% - 1244)
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (54% - 14202)

Staggering in less than an hour apparently Option 2 has put on about 50% more votes.

You gotta love this democratic voting system.

If all these "voters" actually turned out to a game at the GABBA they'd fill it out every week.

While the overwhelming late surge of support for Option 3 raised some eyebrows, it ultimately means that the guernsey will now be worn for the first - and only - time by the team in Round 13 against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

heh...

Smells like bullshit, but what isn't these days.
Just goes to show that you can't trust polls.

Was that quote from the Brisbane website E92?

Does the AFL impose a limit on how many times a jumper must be worn in a certain period of time, or can Brisbane wear this once then never again?
I only ask because overseas leagues impose this, but I don't really know how the AFL handles these things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'winning' jumper is not a Fitzroy jumper. I certainly won't be buying one.

The three choices I think the Lions should have put to the AFL for 'approval' are as follows:

Option 1 - 1956-1973 jumper

Fitzroy1956.gif

Option 2 - 1974 jumper

Fitzroy1974.gif

Option 3 - 1975-1996

Fitzroy19751996.gif

Apparently the AFL deem that the Dogs strip clashes with the red jumper, so I thought I'd provide it here for comparison. Personally I can't see it.

However did they manage between 1975 and 1996?

Traditonal_jumper_Western_Bulldogs.JPG

Im pretty sure back in 2007 brisbane lions said it was the last time they wouldwear the fitzroy jumper. J brown came out & said that was it im pretty sure? Thats why it sold out so quickly.

Was hoping Number 1 would win because it is the most similar guernsey to what fitzroy actually wore. If the yoke came down a bit further would of been perfect IMO.

Yeah, it's great isn't it?
The one jumper Fitzroy never used is the one they are getting to win.
And that's because the others look too much like jumpers people have already bought.
No point releasing a jumper for people to buy if they already have one.
If anything 3 is a mis-mash of the three options, only they also used the wrong colour for the centre stripe.

As for the graphics, yes, they are from my site, no, I know nothing about their use.
No permission given, none asked for.

Might I just mention at this point "I tipped this".

Might I just mention at this point "I tipped this".

I didn't want to seem cynical about the whole exercise but to me, like you mentioned, the #2 and #3 options seemed more like a cash grab than a true homage to the teams they claimed to represent.

I didn't want to seem cynical about the whole exercise but to me, like you mentioned, the #2 and #3 options seemed more like a cash grab than a true homage to the teams they claimed to represent.
I wouldn't say that about 2.
But I would say 1 & 2 were so similar to what they've used (and therefore sold) in the past that they were never viable options.
Yes they are closer to Fitzroy jumpers actually worn by Fitzroy players, but
they were never going to sell any more than 30 - 50.
These new ones they might sell 80-100.

I don't understand the uproar to this? I think it's a pretty cool idea, even if its not a genuine Fitzroy jumper, the whole voting system seems a bit suspect, as I thought #2 was the best looking one.

What's wrong with a club making money?

If a club wants to make money, label it a "commemorative" guernsey.
Don't label something a "heritage" guernsey if it's part of a heritage that didn't exist - and in this case, part of a particularly sensitive heritage.

Quck question for anyone who has the answer.

When fitzroy was in its last years on its finals legs, where was all its memrobelia & training base? Has brisbane had all there memrobelia scince 97? And now it was all be on display at etihad stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back