Brisbane Lions PP

Brisbane Lions PP

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its amazing how many of the posts in here are pretty much just the Lions admins going "suck it were going to get a PP and there is nothing you can do about it". I would expect better but ...............
I'm not an admin and I can't wait either. I don't even want the pick, I just can't wait to log in to Bigfooty for the lolz.

Its amazing how many of the posts in here are pretty much just the Lions admins going "suck it were going to get a PP and there is nothing you can do about it". I would expect better but ...............

If only there was a single lions admin actually doing that but i don't see any of the 4 lions mods in here doing that.

A thing worth noting. The Lions were the only side to recieve no AA nominations in the 40 plus no rising star nominations for 2016. So to all who say we have a lot of talent on the list I say BS... We need the facilities and coaching investment and more top end talent on the list. Giving one without the other will not help. We need all things.

:huh: Dunno what you mean.

The AFL is nothing if not a political beast. It is dominated by club politics and in particular the "power" clubs. Just look at the way the equalisation agenda was hijacked by Collingwood, Hawthorn and to a lesser extent West Coast.

Or for an example closer to home look at how the Lions retention allowance was removed after Eddie's incessant complaining.

The AFL is nothing if not a political beast. It is dominated by club politics and in particular the "power" clubs. Just look at the way the equalisation agenda was hijacked by Collingwood, Hawthorn and to a lesser extent West Coast.

Or for an example closer to home look at how the Lions retention allowance was removed after Eddie's incessant complaining.
Can't see it having an impact to be honest. Once the AFL sets it's agenda they tend to stick to it.

A thing worth noting. The Lions were the only side to recieve no AA nominations in the 40 plus no rising star nominations for 2016. So to all who say we have a lot of talent on the list I say BS... We need the facilities and coaching investment and more top end talent on the list. Giving one without the other will not help. We need all things.

Of course a club who finished second last doesn't have enough talent on the list for success - otherwise you wouldn't have finished 17th. But you did win 3 games and almost rolled the Swans, not sure how that happens without ANY talent. The point is why should a club be given a leg up on field when they are going through a down period? Should no club have a down period? It's not like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, you were missing your best player pretty much all season. Beams back in next year will help. So will another year into guys like Schache, Hipwood, Keays.

By the way, you do have the 2014 Rising Star winner on the list which must count for something.

Can't see it having an impact to be honest. Once the AFL sets it's agenda they tend to stick to it.

That's true but it depends whether they have set their agenda yet and how badly some other clubs care. With Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood set for top 6 picks this year I can't imagine they'll be sitting quietly in the corner while the AFL bumps them down the list.

That's true but it depends whether they have set their agenda yet and how badly some other clubs care. With Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood set for top 6 picks this year I can't imagine they'll be sitting quietly in the corner while the AFL bumps them down the list.
Carlton and Collingwood have both had the same advantages afforded to them in the past, plus were big voices in removing the retention allowance years ago which was a contributor to how far we have fallen. Stiff shit if you ask me.

If only there was a single lions admin actually doing that but i don't see any of the 4 lions mods in here doing that.

Sorry you are right, I corrected it to a single admin and supporters. Still I am glad that you are on top of this point, now when will you reign in your admin and supporters ??? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, agreed.

Ohhhh, here come the disclaimers!

Right. SO you are against first round PP's - unless they are for Brisbane :rolleyes: Surely as a mod you'd be wanting to be perceived to have some kind of credibility on here

Interesting (mis) interpretation of what I said.

When was it that Lewis Taylow WON the RS again ??? Who did he beat out ??? How many times has Beams been nominated for an AA ??? What about Zorko and Rockliff ???

Whatever helps you sleep at night:thumbsu:

I suppose that means you will have full faith in whatever concensus the AFL comes to on Brisbane getting a PP.

I don't really care if Brisbane get one or not - I don't want to see clubs uncompetitive, I like watching good footy matches and having a strong competition. I just don't think a PP will help. The Lions need to restructure their FD, need help reducing debt and funding their headquarters and the AFL should be assisting them with all that. That is what will help the Lions become a strong club again, not just giving them a crack at the best 18 year old in the country whose development they'll stuff up and who will be a 50/50 chance to leave in a couple of years if the off field isn't fixed.

Look at MFC as an example - we were deplorable in 2012/13, VFL standard. A few seasons of list turnover while getting the off-field right and we are now a competitive team around mid-table. And that is without the assistance that the Lions will receive with priority pick Academy selections.

Carlton and Collingwood have both had the same advantages afforded to them in the past, plus were big voices in removing the retention allowance years ago which was a contributor to how far we have fallen. Stiff shit if you ask me.

I'm not saying I care what those clubs think, but the AFL will.

When was it that Lewis Taylow WON the RS again ??? Who did he beat out ??? How many times has Beams been nominated for an AA ??? What about Zorko and Rockliff ???
Beams - 1
Rockliff - 1
Zorko - 0

What a prestigious list.

Its amazing how many of the posts in here are pretty much just a Lions admin and supporters going "suck it were going to get a PP and there is nothing you can do about it". I would expect better but ...............

I've engaged in far more detailed and substantive debate over the merits and arguments against us getting a pick in this thread than yourself. Use the search function if you like. I know that is inconvenient to the picture you are trying to paint by picking and choosing, but there it is.

I thought that the "go home 5" were the reason for your situation, which was more to do with Facilities/Coaches/Culture than salaries ??? I thought that the bad trading was the issue (trading Henderson + a 1st rd pick for Fev on a $3.6 million salary over 3 years !!!!) ??? Wait no it is all the loss of the "retention" allowance thus you need a PP to fix it ..............

I've engaged in far more detailed and substantive debate over the merits and arguments against us getting a pick in this thread than yourself. Use the search function if you like. I know that is inconvenient to the picture you are trying to paint by picking and choosing, but there it is.

and what have you done since you bumped the thread to do nothing more than say "suck shit, we are getting a PP" ???

Collingwood isn't.

I believe that it should be the end of the first round.

Simple reason is that I would be almighty pissed off that a team who has really had shit coaching and admin for years gets rewarded with a pick either immediately after their first pick or the first pick.

Under those scenarios, the draft order would be

1) Essendon
2) Brisbane
3) Brisbane
4) Fremantle

or

1) Brisbane
2) Essendon
3) Brisbane
4) Fremantle.

Whose the team that loses out in both those instances? Fremantle and quite frankly I won't stand by idly and watch another BS ruling that pushes my club down a spot through no fault of our own. Yes, some will say there's not much difference between pick 3 and pick 4 but it's principle and integrity that matters and sadly the AFL have a bankruptcy in both areas.

If they have to have a PP, end of first round. Start of first round and the moral and ethical bankruptcy of the AFL is confirmed.

Despite Zorko pooping in our own nest today, I am reasonably confident that we will get a priority pick in some form.

Just to really throw the cat among the pigeons I am going to predict we will end up with pick 2 & 3, driving both the "take pick 1 away from Essendon" and the "no priority pick for Brisbane" people equally hog wild.

This all sounds great, and it is all pretty much underway.

We'll take a priority pick as well though.

Na your not trying to rub up people the wrong way with the prospect of the Lions getting a PP ...........

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Lions PP

Back