Brisbane Lions - The dark horse of the 2024 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Won 10 of their last 12 games, guaranteed to finish 5th now and will go straight into a home elimination final in a fortnight. You can just about guarantee that any club having to face them in September will be very worried about their capabilities.

Is Brisbane the dark horse of the 2024 season?

no because they made the grand final last year and almost won it, if anyone's the dark horse it's Port, they're doing the business, receiving no attention and can finish in top 2 if they want to

Brisbane’s looking strong, no doubt. With that run of form, they could definitely pull off some surprises in the finals. If they keep this up, they might just be the team no one wants to face come crunch time.

no because they made the grand final last year and almost won it, if anyone's the dark horse it's Port, they're doing the business, receiving no attention and can finish in top 2 if they want to
Can you really be a dark horse if you're sitting in 2nd position in round 24? Surely a 2nd positioned team is expected to make a GF? A team ranked 5th on the ladder making a GF is surely more impressive than the team that's sitting 2nd on the ladder.

Can you really be a dark horse if you're sitting in 2nd position in round 24? Surely a 2nd positioned team is expected to make a GF? A team ranked 5th on the ladder making a GF is surely more impressive than the team that's sitting 2nd on the ladder.

it's like you didn't even read my comment lol Brisbane made the GF last year they are in no way a dark horse

it's like you didn't even read my comment lol Brisbane made the GF last year they are in no way a dark horse
What do you mean? You stated that if any team should be considered the dark horse, it would be Port. I responded to that by asking how you can be considered a dark horse when you sit second on the ladder? Surely sitting second just means you'd be living up to your ladder position should you make the GF. Brisbane are fifth and therefore shouldn't make the prelim according to current ladder positions.

A dark horse in sports terms is a team that pulls off unexpected wins and I wouldn't have thought Port beating a team like Geelong or GWS at Adelaide Oval in the finals would be that unexpected. Brisbane winning several away finals to make GF would be unexpected IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Lions - The dark horse of the 2024 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back