Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

But we aren't just adding two players to our starting 22 from last year. Beams, Rich, Leuenberger, Christensen, Redden and Robinson all will be in the 22 that weren't available last year. Then add to the fact the additional depth will mean we won't be playing 6 teenagers every round like we did last year. I think it's safe to say we won't be as easier beats as we were in the first half of 2014.

Btw, at least we didn't sack our premiership coach after back to back Grand Finals. Then gradually and intentionally pull our premiership team apart:cool::cool:

Missed it by that much.....

1887976583.jpg

"Surprise packet" would be implying people haven't been wanking/overhyping them this past summer. Brisbane didn't beat anyone of note last year (unless you count Collingwood's z team) and lost to Adelaide (by 100 points) and GWS at home. 1 or 2 new players can't lift a bottom 4 team into the finals. I'll start talking about them in higher regard once they actually start achieving on the field. Right now i'd say they're on coarse for another 2013 like season.
I was so right in March its not even funny

The arrogance from some of their supporters in the preseason was astounding. So many of them were betting the Lions would have a better year than the 'bottom 4 Eagles'

Even a couple of media outlets said the Eagles would be overtaken by more "dynamic" teams like the Suns and Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was so right in March its not even funny

The arrogance from some of their supporters in the preseason was astounding. So many of them were betting the Lions would have a better year than the 'bottom 4 Eagles'

Even a couple of media outlets said the Eagles would be overtaken by more "dynamic" teams like the Suns and Lions
Haha get over it dude. No sensible Lions poster had us in the eight this year.

Nothing to do with your list being rubbish then?

Feel that's a pretty silly comment. I'd say majority of us Lions poster thought we'd be right in the mix for top 8 after what we had shown in the back end of 2014. We were seriously wrong. Our list is quite talented, but also very very young and lacks a mature KPF. We only had 3 players available for selection at one stage during the year. There are some thing about our game plan that I don't like at all and the players can't seem to implement it fully. Whether that's the coach or not, that's a different conversation altogether. I've got faith in the direction the club is heading though, something I have not been able to say for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back