Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions looked like a team that simply got ahead of themselves....they believed the hype and paid the penalty, whereas the Pies played like a team with something to prove, they played for one another not as individuals. At this stage, the Demons are ahead of them, the Lions certainly have the talent, but they are a long way off being a cohesive team. Leppitch has his work cut out for him.

So Brisbane is fitter than Collingwood huh? Not good signs for you guys then. Especially since we didn't show up until the last quarter (the comeback was without our two best midfielders - Rockliff and Hanley - as well:eek:).

Again not good signs for you if you consider a 10 point win a spanking.

We won 7 games without Rich, Redden, Leuenberger, Beams, Christensen, Robinson and playing 6 teenagers most weeks. That ordinary team was good enough to smash your side by 70 points late last year:straining:

Good on you for remaining positive about the trade! I guess all I can do is enjoy watching your former goal a game, Copeland trophy, all australian midfielder play for my team;)
Did you really just get that low to use the we had players out excuse?? we have players out to in greenwwod, reid etc but who cares.
You don't see hawthorn using excuses having players out all year last year and still winning a flag.
It's only round one so people need a chill pill as you won the trade week and just have to accept you lost the 4 points (game) and it's all over now as next year doesn't mean a thing because this game was all about the beams trade and that's it, so one game only and the end......
move on folks as we won the beams trade game and there is no next year about this game as beams has played his old team now.......

THIS!!

Apart from Christensen, I can't recall any Brisbane player "playing" the umpire for frees. Cheating the umpire has never been a Brisbane trait.

In fact, now that he is out of Geelong, it was actually embarrassing watch Chrtistensen act so much when no one else on the ground does. It stood out like dogs balls.
You must of missed Zorko's pathetic attempt to weasel a free kick in front of the goals. He was rolling on the ground for about 5 mins as if he'd been shot.

So Brisbane is fitter than Collingwood huh? Not good signs for you guys then. Especially since we didn't show up until the last quarter (the comeback was without our two best midfielders - Rockliff and Hanley - as well:eek:).

We won 7 games without Rich, Redden, Leuenberger, Beams, Christensen, Robinson and playing 6 teenagers most weeks. That ordinary team was good enough to smash your side by 70 points late last year:straining:

Good on you for remaining positive about the trade! I guess all I can do is enjoy watching your former goal a game, Copeland trophy, all australian midfielder play for my team;)
lol so the reason you lost last night was because Handley and Rockliff were off the ground yet the reason we lost last year had nothing to do with the fact he had like 5 injuries by about 1.2 time.

The crying of Brisbane supporters itt is amazing. Think they need to just deal with the fact that their big 2015 didn't get past round 1.

t0DGbDW.png

It's round 1 ....and they already lost rocky

I personally think they will just be outside the 8 , but the lions have a bloody exciting list !

It's funny that you think you have a good team.. I mean real funny..

THIS!!

Apart from Christensen, I can't recall any Brisbane player "playing" the umpire for frees. Cheating the umpire has never been a Brisbane trait.

In fact, now that he is out of Geelong, it was actually embarrassing watch Chrtistensen act so much when no one else on the ground does. It stood out like dogs balls.

Zorko, Green, Bewick, Rockliff had a few bad dives off the top off my head.

Zorko had the worst by far.

Zorko, Green, Bewick, Rockliff had a few bad dives off the top off my head.

Zorko had the worst by far.
I hope Zorko gets fined for it. Hardly gets touched and is rolling on the ground in agony. It's just disgraceful doing that, especially when you have other players like Rockliff who have put their body on the line for the club and suffered as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If both sides had their full list out there we would win comfortably. But it wasn't and the Pies just turned up for it willing to go in harder and lower than us. We wil learn a lot from this and will improve that part of our game but can't see us winning many without our two best players out in Rockliff and Hanley.

If both sides had their full list out there we would win comfortably. But it wasn't and the Pies just turned up for it willing to go in harder and lower than us. We wil learn a lot from this and will improve that part of our game but can't see us winning many without our two best players out in Rockliff and Hanley.
Hahahahahaha

Which young KPFs are on the market next year? Brisbane should be throwing cash at them.

Other than Hanley did we not have a full strength side last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back