Preview Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons - Friday, 28 June 2024, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elixuh

Your preview was extremely Brisbane centric and showed far too much smugness for a team that is currently 10th. I had a look at who Brisbane have beaten and it's been Port, Stkilda, Dogs. Pretty average teams. Sure, the bulldogs are okay but even the dees handled them. Then previously lost to the Hawks. Both teams are as irrelevant in season 2024.

Will Ashcroft will be hopefully making his long awaited return and it will be interesting to see how long into the game it takes for him to earn one of his patented ducking frees that he typically does. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the biggest duckers in the game and to be one so early in his career is Jack Ginnivan levels.

Comparing Logan Morris, a 7 game first year player who couldn't crack into a team that was 13th to a guy like Fritsch who was kicking 6 in granny's, making AA squads and kicking 50 goals a season for fun is extremely disrespectful. And delusional. Morris has had a good start to his career. As did Marco Paparone.

You label Logan Morris as 'an absolute gun'. That sort of language is embarrassing. He is a Jacob Van Rooyen but shorter and much less physical presence.

The dees fans are fully aware of the grubbery of the lions team. Zorko with his tantrums with Touk Miller as well as mocking of Petty. Then throw in Clayton Oliver pinning Jarrod Berry down like a little child before Berry starts eye gouging him. Then throw in Noah Answerth carrying on like he's actually a good AFL player. like dude, you haven't earned the right to trash talk. You're a scrub.

Now onto the dees. We're definitely a mess. No Petracca, Oliver's fall from grace well documented, No Brayshaw, hell even losing Jackson has had long lasting effects. Throw in the loss of Mac Andrew who should be a demon is a justifiable gripe that dees fans have with the AFL. Losing Joel Smith to the drug scandal has all hurt us. He wasn't a world beater but he kicked the most goals for us in the finals last season. It's his own wrong doing though.

This is a battle of a club most gifted by the afl with father-sons versus a team arguably the most disadvantaged by the father/son and academy rules.

Brisbane are clearly still thinking that they're relevant this season. Sitting in 10th and humming along because they beat some out of form teams. The dees on the other hand are blooding the kids, with one eye on next season.

The dees battle will be in stopping the Brisbane tall forwards as well as dangerous smalls. May will probably blanket whoever he is on, but if Oliver is slacking off yet again then the midfield entries inside 50 may simply be too easy. McVee will blanket one of the Brisbane smalls. Neal-Bullen could go to Lachie Neale, but even when Neale gets tagged he floats to the half backline and gets cheapies to inflate his stats. I'm not worried about Lachie Neale.

I do predict this to be a landslide victory for Brisbane but this will be more a reflection of the dees than the lions. The dees are lost at sea. When WCE beat the dees, the WCE fans were strangely up and about. Despite warning them that the story is more about the dees being bad, they chose not to listen and they lost to Adelaide by 100 the following week. The Lions forwards should all get their lick of the ice-cream and I expect the margin to be 50+.

I expect the umpires to get sucked into Ashcroft ducking which along with the noise of affirmation will cost the dees a couple of goals.

The dees will be putting their match preparation into Neale, C.Cameron, Zac Bailey and Daniher/Hipwood with the latter often playing out of his skin against us. Rayner won't even be mentioned, and either will Logan Morris. Guess who Logan Morris played on last week, debutant Ari Schoenmaker. Just about says it all.

Elixuh

Your preview was extremely Brisbane centric and showed far too much smugness for a team that is currently 10th. I had a look at who Brisbane have beaten and it's been Port, Stkilda, Dogs. Pretty average teams. Sure, the bulldogs are okay but even the dees handled them. Then previously lost to the Hawks. Both teams are as irrelevant in season 2024.

Will Ashcroft will be hopefully making his long awaited return and it will be interesting to see how long into the game it takes for him to earn one of his patented ducking frees that he typically does. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the biggest duckers in the game and to be one so early in his career is Jack Ginnivan levels.

Comparing Logan Morris, a 7 game first year player who couldn't crack into a team that was 13th to a guy like Fritsch who was kicking 6 in granny's, making AA squads and kicking 50 goals a season for fun is extremely disrespectful. And delusional. Morris has had a good start to his career. As did Marco Paparone.

You label Logan Morris as 'an absolute gun'. That sort of language is embarrassing. He is a Jacob Van Rooyen but shorter and much less physical presence.

The dees fans are fully aware of the grubbery of the lions team. Zorko with his tantrums with Touk Miller as well as mocking of Petty. Then throw in Clayton Oliver pinning Jarrod Berry down like a little child before Berry starts eye gouging him. Then throw in Noah Answerth carrying on like he's actually a good AFL player. like dude, you haven't earned the right to trash talk. You're a scrub.

Now onto the dees. We're definitely a mess. No Petracca, Oliver's fall from grace well documented, No Brayshaw, hell even losing Jackson has had long lasting effects. Throw in the loss of Mac Andrew who should be a demon is a justifiable gripe that dees fans have with the AFL. Losing Joel Smith to the drug scandal has all hurt us. He wasn't a world beater but he kicked the most goals for us in the finals last season. It's his own wrong doing though.

This is a battle of a club most gifted by the afl with father-sons versus a team arguably the most disadvantaged by the father/son and academy rules.

Brisbane are clearly still thinking that they're relevant this season. Sitting in 10th and humming along because they beat some out of form teams. The dees on the other hand are blooding the kids, with one eye on next season.

The dees battle will be in stopping the Brisbane tall forwards as well as dangerous smalls. May will probably blanket whoever he is on, but if Oliver is slacking off yet again then the midfield entries inside 50 may simply be too easy. McVee will blanket one of the Brisbane smalls. Neal-Bullen could go to Lachie Neale, but even when Neale gets tagged he floats to the half backline and gets cheapies to inflate his stats. I'm not worried about Lachie Neale.

I do predict this to be a landslide victory for Brisbane but this will be more a reflection of the dees than the lions. The dees are lost at sea. When WCE beat the dees, the WCE fans were strangely up and about. Despite warning them that the story is more about the dees being bad, they chose not to listen and they lost to Adelaide by 100 the following week. The Lions forwards should all get their lick of the ice-cream and I expect the margin to be 50+.

I expect the umpires to get sucked into Ashcroft ducking which along with the noise of affirmation will cost the dees a couple of goals.

The dees will be putting their match preparation into Neale, C.Cameron, Zac Bailey and Daniher/Hipwood with the latter often playing out of his skin against us. Rayner won't even be mentioned, and either will Logan Morris. Guess who Logan Morris played on last week, debutant Ari Schoenmaker. Just about says it all.

HE'S BACK AND IN FINE FORM!

Elixuh

Danny, I just want to thank you for providing such a comprehensive competing preview. You raise many valid points and give us a lot to think about.

I think what Goodie has done to Melbourne culture over the past few seasons, particularly the dark path he has led clarry down, has been a disgrace and I’m sorry for what the Dees fans have had to put up with.

I think a lot of planning will go into Rayner given he destroyed the Dee’s in rd 5 and was named rd 5 mvp. Wouldn’t want that happening again.

Elixuh

No prep into Morris and Rayner?
I like it!

Elixuh

This has all the whiff of "yes we won a Grand Final by 74 points but quite frankly we were down by 19 in the 3rd quarter and if we'd actually played even decent for the first two and a half quarters we'd have been UP by 19 by that point. In which case we should have won by 112."

Frankly I can relate to this guy.

717WfbYAcSL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Elixuh

Insightful as always Danster. Thanks for gracing us with your presence. Many religions have prophesied the return of the messiah, I believe in fullness now that they were talking about you.

Melbourne are crap ,lost their way ,internal issues , many players who got ahead of themselves and now have to start doing something to save embarrassment.

We're starting to get our best squad , added a couple of promising players and have an achievable challenge ahead by stringing a few wins together .

End of story. They'll come out breathing fire for a quarter or two until they realise they're up against a lot classier opponent than the ones they've struggled against of recent times.

Won't be reading a whole lot into the outcome.

Melbourne are crap ,lost their way ,internal issues , many players who got ahead of themselves and now have to start doing something to save embarrassment.

We're starting to get our best squad , added a couple of promising players and have an achievable challenge ahead by stringing a few wins together .

End of story. They'll come out breathing fire for a quarter or two until they realise they're up against a lot classier opponent than the ones they've struggled against of recent times.

Won't be reading a whole lot into the outcome.
you lost to hawthorn a few weeks ago. calm down. You were in last years grand final and now you're 10th but sure it's use that got ahead of ourselves. stop pretending that you have any clue on the mindset of the players.

You guys asked for this…
haha, indeed they did Happy Neale. In fact, they begged for it. I love how not 1 Brisbane fan has denied the Ashcroft ducking or the Schoenmaker on Morris cold hart facts. Other than the buffoons comparing Bogan Morris to Mr.6 in a granny, I actually don't mind the old Lions. Best team out of the 8 that's for sure :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, indeed they did Happy Neale. In fact, they begged for it. I love how not 1 Brisbane fan has denied the Ashcroft ducking or the Schoenmaker on Morris cold hart facts. Other than the buffoons comparing Bogan Morris to Mr.6 in a granny, I actually don't mind the old Lions. Best team out of the 8 that's for sure :)

Unlike the Dees board who silenced and banned you we are accepting of you Danny and appreciate your right to free speech.

Unlike the Dees board who silenced and banned you we are accepting of you Danny and appreciate your right to free speech.
lol I do appreciate that. I was too critical of the dees on the dees board which rubbed loyal supporters the wrong way. But it's complete bedlam and chaos over there now with trolls left, right and centre. I hope I can get back on there one day and able to share my opinions.

lol I do appreciate that. I was too critical of the dees on the dees board which rubbed loyal supporters the wrong way. But it's complete bedlam and chaos over there now with trolls left, right and centre. I hope I can get back on there one day and able to share my opinions.
Forget em, Dees are on the out.

Space for you here Dan, you can get a Rayner badge under your name and begin your redemption.

If both Morris and Fritsch were available for trade, Morris would get a higher pick xoxo

Not your best troll but not your worst, needs more reference to the AA squad being a better accomplishment than the Brownlow

I saw list of lions top all time goal kickers. Eric slowly chipping away at the list, be interesting to see where he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back