Brisbane man charged with double murder following drug overdoses

Remove this Banner Ad

Spectrix

Debutant
Mar 11, 2024
AFL Club
Carlton

This is an interesting case which will be prosecuted under Queensland's recent 'Murder by reckless indifference" charges after the man failed to render aid to the pair who he'd supplied drugs to on Wednesday evening..

I believe the new laws came about to allow tougher penalties for situations such as children left in hot cars. Previously such cases would be tried with for instance manslaughter.

Supposedly there were also four children present at the home at the time of the deaths, and one of them called emergency services the following morning.

Questioned about why police had preferred a murder charge, Jones told reporters:
“It’s a complex legal issue, I’ll grant you that.”
“However we believe that’s the most appropriate charge that relates to the circumstances involved. There is an onus on people where others are in difficulties, particularly medical difficulties, to take some action where appropriate."

“Our allegation will be, as per my original statement, that did not occur.”

This is an interesting case which will be prosecuted under Queensland's recent 'Murder by reckless indifference" charges after the man failed to render aid to the pair who he'd supplied drugs to on Wednesday evening..

I believe the new laws came about to allow tougher penalties for situations such as children left in hot cars. Previously such cases would be tried with for instance manslaughter.

Supposedly there were also four children present at the home at the time of the deaths, and one of them called emergency services the following morning.

Questioned about why police had preferred a murder charge, Jones told reporters:
“It’s a complex legal issue, I’ll grant you that.”
“However we believe that’s the most appropriate charge that relates to the circumstances involved. There is an onus on people where others are in difficulties, particularly medical difficulties, to take some action where appropriate."

“Our allegation will be, as per my original statement, that did not occur.”
He supplied drugs to them, they died should be treated as what they call in the states, felony murder and be life without the chance of parole. And given the dead were also druggie losers who died from voluntary drug use, all costs to the taxpayer should come from whatever estate they had.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane man charged with double murder following drug overdoses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back