Summer #Brisbane2032 - Brisbane announced as host of the 2032 Olympics!

Remove this Banner Ad

Even with that small space they are gonna have to spend a lot of money building change-rooms. showers. facilities (inc media). security, transport areas - as well as a track they will likely rip up a few months later.
The current alternative is to spend over 2 billion on a temporary stadium, to put what you are saying into perspective.

The current alternative

The current alternative is to do some renovations to QSAC which is already a permanent athletics stadium and already has a full-size warm-up track right next door.

That won't cost $2billion though some Brisbanites might boo-hoo cos they have to travel via public transport for 30 minutes or so and it doesn't result in a free brand-new stadium for their footy or cricket team.

Last edited:
The current alternative is to do some renovations to QSAC which is already a permanent athletics stadium and already has a full-size warm-up track right next door.

That won't cost $2billion though some Brisbanites might boo-hoo cos they have to travel via public transport for 30 minutes or so and it doesn't result in a free brand-new stadium for their footy or cricket team.

So you’re against the option that actually has some long term benefits to more people beyond the games 🤷‍♂️

Imagine if Melbourne renovated Olympic Park instead of the MCG in 2006 😂😂😂😂

Imagine if Melbourne renovated Olympic Park instead of the MCG in 2006

Olympic Park was built in the 50s as a warm-up track for the MCG. And was the warm-up track for the 2006 Commonwealth Games too.

Then Eddie McGuire got himself a seat or two on the Athletics Australia board 15 or so years back and stole it for Collingwood...

... and it doesn't result in a free brand-new stadium for their footy or cricket team.
Ah, I see now. I was wondering why you seemed to be struggling with weak arguments, invented issues, and denying projected costings, but I thought there must be something substantial behind your position. But you're just goalseeking an outcome.

Thanks for letting me know tho, and saving some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer #Brisbane2032 - Brisbane announced as host of the 2032 Olympics!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back