Summer Paris 2024 - The Fun, the Bizarre and the very French thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been meaning to put some Roy & HG stuff in here, but whilst too much sport is barely enough, there is too much to do everything.

I missed last Monday's show but have caught the show every day since, some days missing 10 or 20 minutes as had other stuff on to do.

They call Coates, his Excellency, Lord Coates. Roy is CEO of Zig Zag Cheese and is trying to teach French about Aussie cheese and trying to get some trade deals done, wants to have serious meeting with Oz fencing officials to get fencing going in Oz and they keep talking about the French eating cats as part of their culinary choices, and love Mark Taylor's commentary and use his NAILED IT, wherever they can.

Lots of other stuff too much to go on about but here are some snippets so far from Roy & HG: People, Medals and Cheese. Just click on the picture to get some video and sound;

This is getting stupid.

1. Always check facts when the media start reporting 'issues raised' by shock jocks pushing buttons and reading twitter. When the US Religous fundies jump on the bandwagon, there's a fair chance they're talking out of their collective arses.

2. Imane Khelif is not a 'transgender' boxer, or a 'man who self-identifies as a woman'. She's a biological female. She's also from Algeria, which has a vehemently anti-LGBT stance.

3. Imane Khelif competed in the 2021 Olympics (as did Angela Carini). Khelif has been boxing for years.

4. The IBA, who run world boxing, excluded Khelif in 2023 because of 'tests' they performed. They have not released any details of their 'tests' that were performed. Gee, thanks guys, that helps. (The IOC refuses to recognise the IBA - not saying the IOC are paragons of righteousness, but boxing has long been a shady 'sport', and this version of the IB-whatever seems particularly strange).

5. Carini has apologised for not shaking hands after the match, and has never said 'It felt like I was hit by a man'.

6. Biological gender is an extremely complicated subject, and science is slowly improving understanding and addressing cultural biases of societal norms that have existed for thousands of years. It's going to take a long time.
This tune should be played in the background just before the opponents enter the ring for the gold medal bout.

Roy and HG getting stuck into Karl Stefanovic not being able to handle the French - called them weirdos and pompous.

Roy and HG today. I missed have to catch up at sometime. Talking Snoop Dogg.

Re Yusuf Dikeç, I've been obsessed with how everyone's gone crazy over him 🤣

I've seen some amazing art being drawn lol. I'll share some I've found:

I believe this is by samdoesart on Instagram, Dikeç and the South Korean shooter Kim Ye-ji:

1000024802.jpg

The cat is because people found Dikeç's Instagram and it showed he loves cats lol
1000024801.jpg

1000024800.jpg

My new avatar, I want half of these on a tshirt lol
1000024601.jpg

🤣🤣
1000024594.jpg

1000024602.jpg

Roy's take on what really happened to Kookaburras hockey player Tom Craig when he was arrested in Paris for trying to buy cocaine.

Roy and HG taking about how the gold medal haul will inspire kiddies, after letting them touch a medal, to go out there and have a crack at becoming Olympians. Kids buying pole vaults, making their own, trying to jump over the house, insurance issues dominate this section.

Screenshot-2024-08-10-200206.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - The Fun, the Bizarre and the very French thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back