Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing, as long as you don't expect it to lead to a high paying job in.... Well, any field.

Lachlan Murdoch, Michael Eisner, Carly Fiorina, Vicky Park, Howard Schultz, and half of the UK merchant banking industry send a massive shout out to their buddy Apex36 from their corporate jets!

(Edit: and Arts degrees teach you to be sensitive)

Aren't you a doctor by trade? Now there is a real job with serious cash rewards! Admittedly you probably need to find yourself somewhat quicker and more directly than an Arts' student. Being well rounded has some advantages, but life viewed through a single window might make of me a more purposeful and committed individual.
C'mon we are mainly altistic, olteristic,,,, alphaistic, yeah I think that's it . Arrrgh you know what I mean.

Lachlan Murdoch, Michael Eisner, Carly Fiorina, Vicky Park, Howard Schultz, and half of the UK merchant banking industry send a massive shout out to their buddy Apex36 from their corporate jets!

(Edit: and Arts degrees teach you to be sensitive)
I didn't say it was impossible, I just said don't expect it to happen!

And if we're being honest, did the arts degree lead directly to these people's success (as in, someone looked at their resume and said "You have an arts degree? We must have someone like you!") or were there other reasons for their success?

P.S. Sensitivity is overrated :D

And if we're being honest, did the arts degree lead directly to these people's success (as in, someone looked at their resume and said "You have an arts degree? We must have someone like you!") or were there other reasons for their success?

Some of those planes go straight over your head also.

Apex, I didn't mean sensitive was a compliment! I fear Pdid enough already.

And if we're passing the honesty baton, tenacity trumps any other factor for success, in any field. French surrealist literature second.

Apex, I didn't mean sensitive was a compliment! I fear Pdid enough already.

And if we're passing the honesty baton, tenacity trumps any other factor for success, in any field. French surrealist literature second.
Wise words which would have seemed even wiser if I had a working knowledge of French surrealist literature, or indeed any familiarity with it at all. We didn't do France in Arts at Monash. As far as our subject selections were concerned, France didn't exist, especially the surrealistic bits of it. Getting 47% for French in HSC, the only subject that I can ever recall failing, killed any hopes I may have harboured of immersing myself in French culture.

Wise words which would have seemed even wiser if I had a working knowledge of French surrealist literature, or indeed any familiarity with it at all. We didn't do France in Arts at Monash. As far as our subject selections were concerned, France didn't exist, especially the surrealistic bits of it. Getting 47% for French in HSC, the only subject that I can ever recall failing, killed any hopes I may have harboured of immersing myself in French culture.

TGG and other friends, you know little about life's underbelly until you have read Bataille's Story of the Eye.

You might, however, never eat another egg in your life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back