Brodie Holland Kicks 8!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep i remember it, i think judd kicked 2 or 3 from a flank/wing too. The thing i remember most is just about every goal was kicked at one end (the opposite end to where i sat!)

1 goal his first disposal went straight to Bucks.

I not only remember the game, I remember where I was at the time. Working for a department store which shall remain nameless and basically blowing off any work whatsoever so that I could listen to the game. :p

Can someone please tell me why Holland retired. He did that big hit on someone who's name escapes me in the opening minute of a final (2002-2003???), got penalised about 5 for that, which ruled him out of the first few games in the next year, and then he never seemed to hit his stride again in returning. I think he also got an injury the next year. But he was on Dancing With Stars that year so I though he must be reasonably physically able. Why?

anybody remember this match?

Remember it? I was an unabashed Holland fan after this. Stoked to see his transformation from small forward to tagger. Shattered such an injury brought a premature end to his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell me why Holland retired. He did that big hit on someone who's name escapes me in the opening minute of a final (2002-2003???), got penalised about 5 for that, which ruled him out of the first few games in the next year, and then he never seemed to hit his stride again in returning. I think he also got an injury the next year. But he was on Dancing With Stars that year so I though he must be reasonably physically able. Why?

Busted Achilles, hurt it badly and it never really came good, took what seed he had away and his agility

Very sad end, went from a sporadic full forward to very good tagger, to wonderful offensive run with player, and then finally succumbed to a horrible injury

Busted Achilles, hurt it badly and it never really came good, took what seed he had away and his agility

Very sad end, went from a sporadic full forward to very good tagger, to wonderful offensive run with player, and then finally succumbed to a horrible injury

This was it. Had guts and flair in spades did Holland. Niggly little bastard but a player I really loved watching.

I remember I was at a cousins' place listening to the game on radio, nearly chewed my fingers off when we won by one point. Remember they were talking about the debut of Chris Judd and what not. Also remember the line "Where's Holland? he's due for a goal again" which is the first thing that comes to mind when you talk about the game.

I remember leaving work and going to a pub to meet my family to watch it. They said Brodie had kicked four. Most of what I watched we were just holding on. It's just one of those games you'll never forget because I'm sure at his height and slow pace he would've been written off heaps of times when he was younger. I thought he was very underrated for most of his career.

Any guesses for who'll kick the first big bag for this year (Collingwood or other)? I remember the updates I was getting from mates last year when LeCras was racking them up. Exciting stuff.

I remember I had to choose between this game and going to Warped Tour. Missed some good bands but I was happy with my choice.

Walked away knowing Judd was going to be a star, too (as did most who attended I'm sure). It's kinda sad that I now hate him as much as I do.

Smashed Montgomery from the Western Bulldogs in the opening seconds on the 2006 Elimination Final and wasnt seen again. Ended up getting 6 or 7 weeks I think.

Smashed Montgomery from the Western Bulldogs in the opening seconds on the 2006 Elimination Final and wasnt seen again. Ended up getting 6 or 7 weeks I think.
Yeah and he badly injured his ankle in that off season. I remember him saying the suspension could be a good thing as it would allow him to recover, although it kept playing up.

I remember the game vividly as I was sitting in the Southern stand. Brodie of course was on fire kicking eight. I think he may have had four by quarter time. Judd was absolutely sensational and tore us a new one in his first game.
I believe Jason Cloke might've been playing his first game also. He certainly impressed with his attack on the ball and his ability to get to a contest and be third man up. Such a shame it ended for Jason the way it did. Clubs worked out he was a one trick pony and employed tactics that negated his ability to make contests and be third man up.

If I remember correctly, this was the same game a young, baby-faced tarkyn lockyer suffered a broken jaw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Holland Kicks 8!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back