Toast Brown & Keefe

Remove this Banner Ad

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Generals down back. Couple of mistakes by each but talk about holding your ground and taking charge. Brown showed why we've missed him so much, and jesus I never realised how big the bloke is. Keefe again played a top game. Looking forward to more of these 2 holding down the talls.

Brown was terrific. Really stuck it up those on this board who thought he would struggle to get back in. Hopefully our glut of key talls in the backline can spit one out into the forwardline for us to help Cloke out. Dawes is not working at this point.

Brown was surprisingly good. He looked like he had problems running out the whole game but he was very good in pressure situations. I was impressed.

Keefe is evidently going to be a very safe dependable player. He knows he has an advantage with his height and stands at the front of the pack and ususlly does the job. His skills look a little uncertain at times, but he isnt afraid of going on to his left side. He needs a little work with smashing the ball in big packs but its amazing where he is now. Mature level headed kid - saw him interviewed about the anzac thing.

Our defence this year is unbelievable
Add Reid and taz. Taz can go forward and only come back when we play hawks.

Keefe is a gun

Brown is a gun.I was so happy when i heard he was playing.I think he got forgotten by some because he was out for so long. .I never had a doubt about him being able to come back in and help hold us up down back.Sometimes i think he is better than reid and reid is a damn good player.

Agree fully. Very impressed with Browny coming back, a great effort. And Keeffe continues to impress.
Add Reid and maybe Tarrant can be the 'swingman*' that he was intended to be.

* hate that term :)

Our backline is almost too strong with talls! :) Reid, Taz, Browny and Keeffe! Lachy was fantastic again today, I can't remembrer him making one error. Also a great return for NJB, looking forward to him getting even better! :D

Brown showed why we've missed him so much, and jesus I never realised how big the bloke is.
I thought the same thing, but I guess having a dodgy knee for 18 months gives you plenty of time to work on your upper body strength!

Keefe is a gun, looks like we've duplicated some of Reid's qualities in the young man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SO happy with these boys. looked way more settled with Nate back. he is a master at edging his opponents under the ball. Lachy has been great this year, hope they keep it up. Id have Nathan on the biggest key back, Lachy on the second tall and Reidy playing on a third tall/loose rebounder. Taz will chop out for injuries but if all goes well id love to see one of these talls give Trav a chop out up forward. Dawesy is struggling :s

Question... if carlton were premiership favourites... and essendon beat carlton... and we beat essendon... does that make us favourites again? gee the media are stupid..

How good was Brown?

Unbelievable. You'd never pick that he had a reco in one knee and a smashed patella in the other. It's like he's never been away :thumbsu::)

Re: How good was Brown?

It was like he was never away, I forget how good of a pure defender the man is, he is our best defender on the list, that is the player who one on one can be relied upon the most.

Now all we need is Taz and Reidy back, because with Lachie Keefe going so well we will have some massive flexibility on our hands.:)

Keefe is becoming a very handy player. A very good match up for the ruck/forwards that a few teams seem to have these days.

Brown has looked very good since resuming against North Ballarat. He had Crameri covered in every aspect, he'd sit a little bit off him at times knowing he could gobble him up with his closing speed if he needed to.

Our defence and particularly KPD is looking very good for the rest of the this season, both these boys look in good fettle and Keeffe I think must stay in the team when the Reid and Tarrant come back.

Keeffe,s disposal is excellent and his reading of the play and his positioning are getting better by the week he has improved more than any other player for us this season and fully deserves his spot in the team,he has been in our best 5 all season,good on ya Lachie and keep it up mate.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brown & Keefe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back