Brown wants out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demand 13 from the Saints this trade period, if not ship him to the highest bidder next year with the potential to change his mind.

We need to be more ruthless at the trade table. Also its my opinion that not every player gets to choose where they go, that is reserved for special cases.

Knowing us, if he REALLY wants out, we will take pick 492 and a pack of chicken twisties, which we know are the worst ones.

. Also its my opinion that not every player gets to choose where they go, that is reserved for special cases.
Do you mean reserving the right of choosing your club to players that have played for 10+ years? (or something similar?)

Demand 13 from the Saints this trade period, if not ship him to the highest bidder next year with the potential to change his mind.

We need to be more ruthless at the trade table. Also its my opinion that not every player gets to choose where they go, that is reserved for special cases.

Knowing us, if he REALLY wants out, we will take pick 492 and a pack of chicken twisties, which we know are the worst ones.

OR

You do what other clubs who have facilitated trades for current contracted players this draft period already have done and get smart and get what you can.

Right now Browne is surplus to your needs. Not in starting 22 and from some reports no world beater - tbh I was hopeful we'd do Stefan Martin who can also play back, for Ray...anyway.

Cripps wants to go to WA
Browne wants to go to Vic
Work out the picks, stop being ridiculous and trade.

Then you wont get screwed as we did when we got cute over Luke Ball (thanks Ross..)

It isn't about going home, he just wants opportunities. St Kilda are the only team crying out for a KPD.

"Only team" ? You mean besides Freo, Port, Brissie, Bullies, Melb, Cats & Doggies dont

The one thing supporters dont understand is that teams are no longer as interested in "doing whats best for the player. That rather 'charming' philosophy went out the door at the same time players advised clubs where they were heading when out of contract. Players cant have their cake & eat it too.

WC are in the business of winning premierships not catering to players whims

Do you mean reserving the right of choosing your club to players that have played for 10+ years? (or something similar?)

Nah, not really. 'Go home' reasons I understand and great/long serving players have done the yards and the club should be accomodating but guys like Brown and Stevens haven't the right, IMHO, to say I want to go to X club when all they are really looking for is game time.

I'll grant you Port, none of the others are desperate for key defenders.

Bulldogs, doggies...

1) Rubbish - all the teams I mentioned are seeking KPP's some more than others

2) The only reason I seem to hear from Saints supporters is that "We need a KPP, Brown says he wants to come & if you dont trade him now then he will walk next year & WC will get nothing ". What a crock of shit. First of all WC are not about trading a contracted player if its not in their interests. Second they will back themselves to change Browns mind in 2013 & if not then they will have a number of clubs interested in him

I think its time you guys stopped being naive, this is not a charity its a business.

And by the way, if Brown will be worth nothing next year because he's out of contract, then Cripps should be free this year cause he's out of contract now - right?

2) The only reason I seem to hear from Saints supporters is that "We need a KPP, Brown says he wants to come & if you dont trade him now then he will walk next year & WC will get nothing ". What a crock of shit. First of all WC are not about trading a contracted player if its not in their interests. Second they will back themselves to change Browns mind in 2013 & if not then they will have a number of clubs interested in him

I think its time you guys stopped being naive, this is not a charity its a business.

And by the way, if Brown will be worth nothing next year because he's out of contract, then Cripps should be free this year cause he's out of contract now - right?
1) No they're not.

2) What did I say about Brown coming to St. Kilda and why you should give him to us? All I said was that he isn't looking to go home, he is after opportunities. Nothing about what you will get for him - right?

I'll grant you Port, none of the others are desperate for key defenders.

Bulldogs, doggies...

Then put up a fair trade or **** off. I doubt we're taking a straight swap for Cripps when he is even less likely to get game time than Brown. Otherwise, we'll just take Cripps in the PSD and you can have Brown in the PSD next year. We'd prefer him as backup in 2013.

At least that is what I hope our club's base case is.

Why would West Coast back themselves to change his mind? From the sound of it he hasn't had any second thoughts. You won't call Brown's bluff if the rumours about what he said are true.

OR

You do what other clubs who have facilitated trades for current contracted players this draft period already have done and get smart and get what you can.

Right now Browne is surplus to your needs. Not in starting 22 and from some reports no world beater - tbh I was hopeful we'd do Stefan Martin who can also play back, for Ray...anyway.

Cripps wants to go to WA
Browne wants to go to Vic
Work out the picks, stop being ridiculous and trade.

Then you wont get screwed as we did when we got cute over Luke Ball (thanks Ross..)

He is not.

You need more than 22 players to win a premireship. Although I'm not the biggest fan of him, he's our next best KPD and if there were to be injuries to either Emac or Glass, Brown would most likely be a straight swap.

Beau Wilkes is surplus to our needs, you can have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would West Coast back themselves to change his mind? From the sound of it he hasn't had any second thoughts. You won't call Brown's bluff if the rumours about what he said are true.

From the sound of what? Internet scuttlebutt?

He's just given a "I love it here" speech after winning our best clubman award, and he's just got engaged to a girl who's contracted to play netball for a WA-based team next year.

In the face of that, it'd take some fairly persuasive evidence to convince me that he's actually threatened to sit out a year of AFL footy if he doesn't get traded to Victoria.

From the sound of what? Internet scuttlebutt?

He's just given a "I love it here" speech after winning our best clubman award, and he's just got engaged to a girl who's contracted to play netball for a WA-based team next year.

In the face of that, it'd take some fairly persuasive evidence to convince me that he's actually threatened to sit out a year of AFL footy if he doesn't get traded to Victoria.
No, from Pickering saying again and again that Brown told him he doesn't want to be at West Coast next year.

No, from Pickering saying again and again that Brown told him he doesn't want to be at West Coast next year.

You know Pickering has a vested interest yeah? His business depends on people thinking he actually does something and getting his mug on the tv, voice on the radio, or name in the paper helps this.

god saints supporters are clutching at straws. saints want cripps for brown trade THIS year. i reckon we could at least get that end of next year. perhaps they should offer 13 this year because at end of next year, who knows who could come calling. he isnt worth 13 but when seller isnt selling, buyer has to pay over the odds.

Cripps will go to draft and end up "home" no matter what. clubs certainly arent drooling over him being available in draft.

as for pickering, what he says is irrelevant. he can go blue for all I care. none of those things mean jack shite. he is contracted which means WCE are the ONLY ones who decide. the ONLY ones. ONLY ones with ANY leverage.

if pickering wants contracted players to breack contract and leave when they arent playing, then surely he should accept clubs breaking contracts and not paying them out when they turn shite and dont even try. ahhh yes, the bargaining agreement perhaps is too good to take to courts in this instance.

I'm just saying from what Pickering said, Brown doesn't sound open to negotiation.

Then he can enjoy sitting out 2014 thanks to his stupidity.

Im sure if that's his attitude then the Saints will offer something reasonable to get the trade done.

I'm just saying from what Pickering said, Brown doesn't sound open to negotiation.

West Coast don't sound open to negotiation - did you hear Craig Vozzo on the radio earlier in the week? In a nutshell, it was "He's not being traded, we can stop talking about it".

Brown's options are limited, he's contracted for 2013. Do you seriously expect him to sit out of senior footy in a fit of pique and hope the Saints are still interested in 12 months time based on his form at East Freo?

West Coast don't sound open to negotiation - did you hear Craig Vozzo on the radio earlier in the week? In a nutshell, it was "He's not being traded, we can stop talking about it".

Brown's options are limited, he's contracted for 2013. Do you seriously expect him to sit out of senior footy in a fit of pique and hope the Saints are still interested in 12 months time based on his form at East Freo?
No I don't, but I don't think West Coast would take that chance.

No I don't, but I don't think West Coast would take that chance.

Unless he's actually said to them that that's his intention, I'm sure they would take the chance.

When's the last time a player took that action? Not in this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back