Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Goodwin, Boak, Pendulbury, Barlow, and Sylvia is sure to be a good multi this year for most team votes anyone agree??? Any problems with that bet??? Just wanting some feedback :)

cant see goodwin getting close, boak is 50/50, Pendulbury is most likely behind but could be ahead of swan, barlow is 50/50 sylvia 50/50

One of the toughest matches of the year to give votes. I thought Enright was probably BOG. Chapman was pretty good but when ever I look at the stats I'm always surprised he gets it so much. Selwood was good, Ablett was good in the second half and Bartel in the first half. Gibbs was better than Murphy imo.

Enright/Selwood/Ablett/Chapman. I've got no idea tbh. Varcoe and J-pod were good as well.

When I was watching the first quarter I honestly thought he had pulled out injured before the game. Great players always find a way to get themselves into games.

Now I'm hoping Swanny or Pendles or both have blinders tomorrow night. Might be a one two finish :p

One of the toughest matches of the year to give votes. I thought Enright was probably BOG. Chapman was pretty good but when ever I look at the stats I'm always surprised he gets it so much. Selwood was good, Ablett was good in the second half and Bartel in the first half. Gibbs was better than Murphy imo.

Enright/Selwood/Ablett/Chapman. I've got no idea tbh. Varcoe and J-pod were good as well.

Agreed very very hard match, agree with all of that besides Gibbs being better than Murphy, i thought murphy pipped him.

My Votes:
3. Selwood
2. Enright
1. Chapman

Bartel/Ablett/Murphy outside chances for the 1. The 3-2-1 could go anywhere but i think that those will be the 3 players, would have chapman at 2 but the umpires seem to hate him.
Gazza had like 1 posession in the first qtr, and barely sighted him in the first half, had an awseome last qtr though so could get 1 or 2.

Really not sure about this game, will prob have to rewatch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for the game, it is a tricky one to tell. Judd shouldn't poll tonight, which is disappointing. But you'd think that Selwood would be amongst it, which is good for us, even though Ablett cleaned up in the latter parts, which will stick in the umpires' minds. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be at the Saints v Tigers and Pies v Crows games tomorrow, I'll let you guys know my thoughts.

WTF, is this a troll???

I didn't watch the game, got back from dinner to check who may have polled and see this which is directly contradicting all previous posts regarding Judd tonight....

Can we get some clarity in here??

Sorry that I have nothing constructive to add, but for some reason that post really pissed me off.

Judd wont poll he was terrible.

If anyone were to poll at Carlton, I reckon it would be Murphy. However, I think that's unlikely. For a game we billed as huge in the scheme of the Charlie, we've definitely come out of it more confused than we went in.

I reckon if I had to put money on after that game, it would be going to Selwood. Is there any chance that Judd's game tonight could pump up his team votes odds? I don't think so, but I'd like to hear others' opinions...

Im not sure why i should be banned
I have had a terrific year betting football matches, i offer my tips for free on two big international sites, and i voice my opinion and get bagged by 100+ people, i clearly stated be careful judd has had a terrible year, his kicking efficiency has been shocking and surely that cant poll well. But you guys all tell me to shutup and get banned. well im trying to help your bankrolls. I have watched as many games, and anaysled in depth as much as anyone in this board. so whatever

His kicking efficiency is only about 5% under dane swans IRRC, and the games carlton won he has played very well which is all that matters, but FWIW i wouldnt have him in my top 7 players for this year, Brownlow wise though his right up there (2nd on my tally before this week).

Let's hope Selwood stays at a pretty decent price, I'm not on him as strongly as I probably should be yet.
His in and under work is just brilliant and his attack on the footy was first class as usual tonight. To be honest the only guy I'd be worried about actually stealing the 3 from him tonight is Gazza after those second half goals!

I think it will go like this..
3) Selwood
2) Ablett
1) Chapman/Enright

I think that Chappy and Enright should share 2 and the 1 but they won't. Gazza polls much better than them. Plus as mentioned Chappy was mouthing off and had a few little warnings from the umpires that I saw and Enright to me just isn't a flashy enough player.

Walker, I enjoy reading your blog mate. Keep up the top work :thumbsu:

EDIT: Gooch, if you want to contribute, contribute positively. Who DOES get votes tonight? Who IS in your top 10, if not Judd? Put up, or shut up.
Votes i gave tonight
Chapman 3
Selwood 2
Ablett 1
I have been putting alot of money on selwood to win the brownlow as i really think he has had a terrific year, Most freekicks the umpires always see him fearlessly diving over the ball, i will also take him for Most Votes Geelong.

I will have a dabble with Chris Newman at $34 as the matches they have won (aware riewoldt has kicked bags) newman has been stellar in defensive and even set up alot of run
I will make a play at lecras and kennedy for eagles as i dont think priddis odds are right way too short, i think considering eagles won 4 games so far lecras super performances might be enough to hold on

Whether it be by 1 (as I am predicting), or 2, or even 3, (as AjsGuns and Forthwrite are saying), Selwood should make some ground on Gazza tonight. I know we are not happy with that last quarter junk time performance by Ablett, but look at it in a positive way. The bookies might look at this, and see he has 4 goals against his name, and maintain, or even shorten his odds for most team votes. This would ultimately make Selwood a real solid option at $5+ now, because in my books this one is as good as 50/50.

I reckon I'll also put a bit of coin on Selwood come Monday, if I can find odds in the range of $15-20. That's all we were after, mate, positive discussion on how we can all clean out the TAB. I look forward to any further contributions from you with substance :thumbsu:. I disagree with you on Newman though, I feel he wouldn't attract enough umpire attention to poll the 7-9 required. But at $34, if you believe he's a chance, it's worth a dabble.

Whether it be by 1 (as I am predicting), or 2, or even 3, (as AjsGuns and Forthwrite are saying), Selwood should make some ground on Gazza tonight. I know we are not happy with that last quarter junk time performance by Ablett, but look at it in a positive way. The bookies might look at this, and see he has 4 goals against his name, and maintain, or even shorten his odds for most team votes. This would ultimately make Selwood a real solid option at $5+ now, because in my books this one is as good as 50/50.

Ablett has had some super 2nd halves of late Sydney game and Doggies game and tonight all ring to mind, the games were all pretty much over, do you think this influences umpires votes decisions? Ive always wondered yes ablett was terrifc but he does his damage in "junk " time will it hinder his polling? im not sure

:(
I reckon I'll also put a bit of coin on Selwood come Monday, if I can find odds in the range of $15-20. That's all we were after, mate, positive discussion on how we can all clean out the TAB. I look forward to any further contributions from you with substance :thumbsu:. I disagree with you on Newman though, I feel he wouldn't attract enough umpire attention to poll the 7-9 required. But at $34, if you believe he's a chance, it's worth a dabble.

i hear you im worried about that but i still believe at $34 hey he is worth a show. agree with most on hear about the boak/cassisi/ mayb even rodan/?
FYI
after tonight i have selwood on 24
Swan 23
Ablett 22
Hayes 20
pendlebury 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back