Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Ablett has had some super 2nd halves of late Sydney game and Doggies game and tonight all ring to mind, the games were all pretty much over, do you think this influences umpires votes decisions? Ive always wondered yes ablett was terrifc but he does his damage in "junk " time will it hinder his polling? im not sure

Yep, this is just one factor that is making this game so hard to judge tonight.

Hard game to predict where the votes will go but Im tending to think Ablett will get the votes ahead of Selwood. Overall impression is that he stood out more especially towards the end. The 3 goals plus a few stand out impressive moves in midfield and the ball he skillfully collected in defence all stood out in my mind. Although he had a very low disposal count by his standards, he also didnt have any give/get handballs that usually help to rack up his stats(but that may not contribute to his ability to poll anyway). I would give him minimum 2 votes. I think he will poll ahead of Selwood tonight though.

Walker, I enjoy reading your blog mate. Keep up the top work :thumbsu:

Cheers mate, really appreciate any feedback I get and glad to hear. :thumbsu: :)

Whether it be by 1 (as I am predicting), or 2, or even 3, (as AjsGuns and Forthwrite are saying), Selwood should make some ground on Gazza tonight. I know we are not happy with that last quarter junk time performance by Ablett, but look at it in a positive way. The bookies might look at this, and see he has 4 goals against his name, and maintain, or even shorten his odds for most team votes. This would ultimately make Selwood a real solid option at $5+ now, because in my books this one is as good as 50/50.

That's exactly right. Earlier on in the season when Bartel was in his rich vein of form i'd have said it was 50/50 between him and Ablett to take out the most votes at Geelong, however Selwood has now surpassed Bartel in recent weeks. And if the second year Brownlow blues takes affect like it has to previous Brownlow winners, then Selwood is in with a good show!

So if Ablett's performance tonight means we can get $5+ for Selwood, i'm all for it. It'd be worth substituting Selwood into some of your multi's for the sheer value alone.

I guess another thing would could hope for this weekend is a poor showing from Collingwood? Thus allowing us to hedge our Brownlow/Geelong multis at a bit more value? I know most of mine are into Geelong for the flag, but I have Judd and Pendlebury covered for either side winning...

Selwood wasnt even in the best players on the AFL site.

He had a quiet start to the year.

The best thing Selwood done all night was start blocking for Ablett.

If someones trolling just report their post rather than engaging, let's keep the junk posts in this thread to a minimum.

I found this game hard to vote. I want to give Selwood 3, but to be honest I don't think he was that damaging. Anyway, very tentatively:

Selwood
Ablett
Chapman/Enright

That shows you how bad some of the match reviewers are on afl.com.au. I have looked at some of the best players on some of their articles and often they have no idea.

Selwood was outstanding tonight, he did a few hard pack break aways that would have really caught the umpires eyes. I've ended up with:

3. Selwood
2. Chapman
1. Ablett

Chances for M Murphy and C Enright. I also think Ablett does have a chance to swap places with Chapman.

Hard game to predict where the votes will go but Im tending to think Ablett will get the votes ahead of Selwood. Overall impression is that he stood out more especially towards the end. The 3 goals plus a few stand out impressive moves in midfield and the ball he skillfully collected in defence all stood out in my mind.

Good analysis.

I was content with Carazzos performance on GAJ until the last qtr. There were some nice kicks from Selwood, the tackle he laid on Scotland(?) and mouthed off to the ump stood out. Hopefully the ump doesnt take it to heart, not as provocative as Chappys outbursts.

3. Selwood
2. Chappy
1. GAJ

If Cassisi can get another clear BOG, it looks like he will be the LeCras of 2010.

I'm with you on that one! i think he may just pip Ports, i have him leading, with Pearce right behind and then Rodan. I am confident to leave Boak out of the equation right now and feel he might disappoint people with this year.

I was at the game and felt Selwood was the most damaging. Some of Chapman's clearance work was absolutely first rate but he picked up a lot of touches essentially unmarked whereas Selwood's aggression on the ball and penetration stood out all night. GAJ's second half wasn't huge but every touch was valuable, I thought Murphy was clearly Carlton's most prolific attacker and had a bigger influence than Ablett but I have them raffling the 1 (mind you, as others have said, it could easily go elsewhere)

3 Selwood
2 Chapman
1 Ablett/Murphy

And as per usual there are simpletons such as yourself who choose to swallow what some so called 'expert' journalist chooses to list as bests on a website? What a great example right there...

Selwood was just awesome last night, the most influential player on the ground. The only Geelong player having a go in the 3rd when the rest of the team went to sleep... hard nosed, tough all night... great to watch. For mine he's got the 3 wrapped up. I don't have any $ on him as yet... :eek:

3- Selwood
2- Chapman
1- Ablett

Definitely wouldn't surprise me to see Gibbs or Murphy get a vote in this match.

It was closer than the result made it look and those two can poll well.

Or is it wishful thinking to hope that they steal the one off Ablett?

3. Selwood
2. Chapman
1. Ablett/Gibbs/Murphy/Bartel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back