Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone from the private brownlow forum recruiting at the moment? It's becoming quite on here with very little various dicussions/opinions.

Can send Round by Round every single vote, Club Leaderboard and Overall tally to prove my wortheness.

Just want to be part of it or want to know how I can be part of it.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Is there anyone from the private brownlow forum recruiting at the moment? It's becoming quite on here with very little various dicussions/opinions.

Can send Round by Round every single vote, Club Leaderboard and Overall tally to prove my wortheness.

Just want to be part of it or want to know how I can be part of it.

Cheers:thumbsu:

this is whats killing me this year, last year people like bk and all the others showed us how its done. won a small amount last year from how they set there bets though at the end of the day you would assume going by how well they did why would they wanna give up there info. it works well.

Yep, I reckon if you're going to get on Moloney, do it quick.

He plays brilliantly whenever Jamar's in the team.

Moloney into Collingwood/Geelong premiership winner into Franklin/Kennedy/Cloke Coleman (I think Voldt is shot) if anyone is keen on Moloney.

Ok i am going to start to get into the swing of things now i have been a bit busy and am just starting to find the time now.

Will start to get some votes for the games from now on.

this is whats killing me this year, last year people like bk and all the others showed us how its done. won a small amount last year from how they set there bets though at the end of the day you would assume going by how well they did why would they wanna give up there info. it works well.

That being said tho people start to rely on those people to much and then some people dont respect their opinion enough and they were just sick of the trolls, so it was the easiest way to filter those people out. Altho i have seen posters like Aussie Gun in this thread, from memory he was a respected poster from last year so take his advice whenever he offers it.

Ha clogging the thread now guys sorry.

But if you are looking for some value Goodes most votes at Sydney @ 2.10 take it now because he historically finishes the season off strong.

From round 15 in the past 2 years he has received 8 votes in 2009 and 9 votes in 2010 and he looks to be increasing his work load on the field.

I have the Sydney count as:

O'Keefe 9 (10)
Bolton 10.25 (12)
Goodes 9 (9)

Goodes might finish the season off strongly but on the basis of my count I don't think $2.10 is very good value. O'Keefe looks to be the value bet if you had to bet on this market but I would wait and see how it pans out, still a 3-horse race.

Its not so much killing me, but i read the entire thread last year while doing my own count, without feeling the need to contribute cause there was soo much activity. I've done the same this year but will try to comment abit more.

I struggled to give votes last week coll vs syd, ended up going with cloke, swan, okeefe. But i think this game could go along way to determining the sydney votes as it looks like its going to be pretty tight.

For tonight i went
3. Gia
2. Griffen
1. Cooney

Same players, different order,
3. Griffen
2. Gia
1. Cooney

On Sydneys votes I have bolton 11, goodes 10, o'keefe 8, but agree $2 or so isnt value for any of those players.

lol I had the same players with a different order. 3 Griffen 2 Cooney 1 Gia. I now have Griffen equal with Boyd to top Dogs anyone else have the same?

I have Boyd on 14 and Griffen on 13. Not sure if I've been too biased towards Griffen though, I have him polling four BOG's (including three in a row the last three weeks). Been keeping a spreadsheet all year, I'll share my leaderboard at the end of the round. :)

F*** Griffen is catching Boyd, I unloaded 3 units on Boyd about 4 weeks ago and Griffen has dominated since!

Just watched every minute of Geel v Ess and don't feel like I have much idea of how the votes will go??

Thought Howlett, Stanton, Chapman, Zaharakis, Crameri, Hocking were good.

Just watched every minute of Geel v Ess and don't feel like I have much idea of how the votes will go??

Thought Howlett, Stanton, Chapman, Zaharakis, Crameri, Hocking were good.

Same here, hardest games to pick votes from for year, add Heppell, Monfries and Ryder to that mix too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking Melksham, Heppell and Howlett will feature in the votes with Chapman and Johnson a possibility too. What are you guys' thoughts on Frees For/Against and their influence on votes?? Melksham had 4 FA while Howlett had 4 FF. Not too sure what, if any, effect this will have on the umps.

I'm thinking Melksham, Heppell and Howlett will feature in the votes with Chapman and Johnson a possibility too. What are you guys' thoughts on Frees For/Against and their influence on votes?? Melksham had 4 FA while Howlett had 4 FF. Not too sure what, if any, effect this will have on the umps.

I reckon Johnson has no chance. He was down all night and then had a red hot 10 minute patch where he kicked 3 goals. Did nowhere near enough during the course of the game imo.

Not sure what impact FF and FA have but it would only have to favour Howlett you would think.

Reading the AFL.com match report apparently Hocking was BOG but I didn't notice him that much. Don't want Hocking to get 3, he is one of the only players in contention to catch Watson.

Definitely agree re Johnson. Was just thinking that Geelong's comeback was due largely to Chapman and Johnson starting to get hot and that if Geelong won, they would've been the catalysts. Didn't notice Hocking that much either despite him being one of the top possession getters. Also thought Hibberd was pretty good, repelling Geelong's attacks and winning a lot of one on ones.

Round 15
S. Mitchell* 16
M. Murphy 16
C. Judd 16
B. Moloney 15
M. Priddis 14
M. Boyd 14
R. Griffen 13
S. Pendlebury 13
G. Ablett 13
D. Swan 12
J. Watson 12
J. Selwood* 12
S. Thompson 11
L. Franklin* 11
M. Pavlich 11
D. Martin 11
J. Bolton 11
R. O'Keefe 11

What did everyone have for the Brisbane Port game? I had 3-Schulz 2-Power 1-Black. Is that what everyone else got?

Round 15 - Top 25 players

18 - Marc Murphy
17 - Sam Mitchell*, Dean Cox
14 - Brent Moloney
13 - Joel Selwood*, Ryan Griffen
12 - Chris Judd, Jobe Watson, Lance Franklin*
11 - Gary Ablett, Matthew Boyd
10 - Dale Thomas*, Travis Cloke, Matthew Pavlich, Daniel Wells, Trent Cotchin
9 - Joel Corey, Luke Hodge, Todd Goldstein, Dustin Martin, Adam Goodes, Daniel Kerr
8 - Simon Black, Scott Pendlebury, Jimmy Bartel

Don't often contribute because I don't get to watch a lot of full games, but thought I'd throw in some votes for the Freo game over the weekend since the thread looks like it could use a little more contribution.

3. Ablett
2. Pavlich
1. Griffin/Broughton

Ablett clearly BOG, can't see him not getting 3 despite the loss. Would imagine the rest of the votes would go to Dockers considering the win size, so it's gotta be Pav and Griff really, with Broughton a chance to snag the vote over Griffin.

Any other votes for Adel vs Syd? Im thinking it will be out of Johncock, Vince, Thompson, Tippett and Petrenko. Mcveigh, ROK, Bolton were good without being great. Also saw Mcveigh give a spray towards the end of the game.

What did people think of Goodes' game? Only 19 possies and a goal but every time he got it he may it look like dry weather footy for me which stood out. Did drop a couple of chest marks though. I think he'll miss the votes but you never know with goodes.

3. Johncock
2. Vince
1. Tippett, Thompson, Petrenko in that order.

Also for anyone interested there is this great site Ive been using for games Ive missed.

You have to register but games are put up within the hour to download and watch. Usually between 1.5-1.7gb but for me its been a great way to catch up on games.

Don't often contribute because I don't get to watch a lot of full games, but thought I'd throw in some votes for the Freo game over the weekend since the thread looks like it could use a little more contribution.

3. Ablett
2. Pavlich
1. Griffin/Broughton

Ablett clearly BOG, can't see him not getting 3 despite the loss. Would imagine the rest of the votes would go to Dockers considering the win size, so it's gotta be Pav and Griff really, with Broughton a chance to snag the vote over Griffin.
I watched it and thought Griffen was best on ground Ablett 2nd then 3rd Pavlich. Can't see Broughton getting votes the top 3 stood out to the rest.

I watched it and thought Griffen was best on ground Ablett 2nd then 3rd Pavlich. Can't see Broughton getting votes the top 3 stood out to the rest.
Griffin certainly stood out, and probly should be ahead of Pavlich but I just didn't think he looked all that clean at times, whereas every time Ablett was near the ball it felt like shit was about to go down. I put Pavlich ahead though because of his 3 goal burst that brought the Dockers into the game - really stood out in my mind, and the fact that he's Matthew Pavlich and always seems to get a lot of love.

You're probably right on Broughton, he's too much of a quiet achiever. He was everywhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back