Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where abouts is Jim $51?
Well if you want it i suggest that you jump on now as he is $21 on The Tote.
Reasoning maybe the bookies dont think he can win it so they blow out the price to get a few people to throw some money on him.

The coaches votes seem interesting.

Gibbs only polled 2
Jimmy didnt poll at all (most have him locked for 3)
Scott Stevens 9/10 votes in the Crows/Hawks game
Broughton 9/10 in Freo/Lions

Could this be a worry?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/110492/default.aspx

That is from a coaches view, umpires views are completely different, they pretty much only see what is directly in front of them and barely take notice from what is a distance away. Whereas coaches view the whole ground and can see what jobs do on people and they have a much more accurate grasp on who are the game changes.

Where abouts is Jim $51?
Well if you want it i suggest that you jump on now as he is $21 on The Tote.
Reasoning maybe the bookies dont think he can win it so they blow out the price to get a few people to throw some money on him.

the TAB have him at $51. Quite decent odds.

I've had a nibble on Jimmy at $51 - too early to put any decent money on obviously.

Must admit watching the game I gave Jimmy the 3 but I wasnt sure he was an absolute lock. I came on here and read the hype which convinced me he was.

Just goes to show you can be manipulated by outside influences. Must teach myself to write down my gut instinct straight after the game and use bigfooty as a tool to get a few other opinions, but try not to be swayed.

Reading the coaches votes and noting that they didnt give him a single vote out of 2 x 1-5 voting cards made me come back and reasses his 3 and my initial thoughts.

3. Deledio
2. Grigg
1. Milne/Martin/Cotchin

Grigg could get the 3 cause of that last quarter but Deledio was super all game.
the 1 is always a bit of a toss up is these close game but it could go to any of these people.

What about Armitage? Thought he was pretty good and could get 1-2 votes.

3. Deledio
2. Grigg
1. Milne/Martin/Cotchin

Grigg could get the 3 cause of that last quarter but Deledio was super all game.
the 1 is always a bit of a toss up is these close game but it could go to any of these people.

very much agree

Grigg stood out more near the end, could get the 3, but then again deledio won the medal so he could steal it

the 1 will go to a Richmond player, Im liking Martin.

Milne wont poll with 6 behinds

3. Pendles
2. Swan
1. Beams/Cloke/Dawes

First 2 are pretty clear cut.
Now for the 1, its going to be hard to chose. Beams couple of goals and was everywhere.
Cloke and Dawes were just absolute beasts and stuck out like dogs balls, tending to go more towards Dawes as he was a bit more and imo seemed to stick out more. So almost the same votes as last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about the GC Carlton game too many good performers for Carlton. If I had to predict I would give this though.
3- Judd
2- Yarran
1- Walker

Thoughts?

apparently he was a superstar last night:rolleyes: swan gets 40 and probably will be lucky to get a vote from the umps:p
Mate, this was done to death last year. It's a well known fact that Judd polls in games where someone like Swan wouldn't. But hey, there are games Adam Goodes polls in where Brendan Goddard wouldn't, so I reckon it might be time for the Collingwood glasses to come off. Not a direct stab, it's just tiresome to read these Bay 13-style jabs at the way people are conducting their counts, or how the Brownlow is run. If you don't like the way the Brownlow is run, go and punt on the MVP, or the horses, or even better, put your week's salary on Swanny at year's end, because it's people like you, not those in the gambling agencies, who are the reason I'm able to attend university without the need for a casual job this year :thumbsu:. Again, not personal.

FWIW, we have our Rnd 1 count coming ASAP, and as it stands, Swan is on 5, with Judd on 2 in our count.

Mate, this was done to death last year. It's a well known fact that Judd polls in games where someone like Swan wouldn't. But hey, there are games Adam Goodes polls in where Brendan Goddard wouldn't, so I reckon it might be time for the Collingwood glasses to come off. Not a direct stab, it's just tiresome to read these Bay 13-style jabs at the way people are conducting their counts, or how the Brownlow is run. If you don't like the way the Brownlow is run, go and punt on the MVP, or the horses, or even better, put your week's salary on Swanny at year's end, because it's people like you, not those in the gambling agencies, who are the reason I'm able to attend university without the need for a casual job this year :thumbsu:. Again, not personal.

FWIW, we have our Rnd 1 count coming ASAP, and as it stands, Swan is on 5, with Judd on 2 in our count.

huh:confused: just pointing out that swanny dont get votes from umps.take a chill pill:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back