Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feels like I'm going mad watching you guys' votes for this game. Unless it is based off entirely voting history, no way will Judd get votes. He was ineffectual, made next to no impact on the game. Garlett was a far more influential player for the Blues.

Judd has very good around the stoppages. Didnt rlly notice Garlett that much. Only really recall him when he had the ball with acres of space around him and no real pressure.

3: Judd
2: Shaw
1: Blair

Judd was very good and is playing Pies so 3 votes. Shaw was pies best over the whole game and won his ball running off half back so should stand out. Blair the 1 vote for his goals

just lock judd in for three :rolleyes: umps love him
Your votes, mate?

Mine:
3. Shaw - clear best on for mine, plenty of kicks, and lot of marks from opposition kicks, really caught the eye from row BB in the 'G.
2. Judd - ran the lines well all night, quite similar to his game last year R6, a lot of contested footy too. Can't be blamed for what his mates did with the ball once he hit them with it...

1. Blair - 5 straight. Nuff said.

Your votes, mate?

Mine:
3. Shaw - clear best on for mine, plenty of kicks, and lot of marks from opposition kicks, really caught the eye from row BB in the 'G.
2. Judd - ran the lines well all night, quite similar to his game last year R6, a lot of contested footy too. Can't be blamed for what his mates did with the ball once he hit them with it...

1. Blair - 5 straight. Nuff said.

3.Blair
2.Shaw
1.Yarran

There you go:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Judd - ran the lines well all night, quite similar to his game last year R6

Unlike some others, I really rated his R6 game last year and thought he was pretty clearly BOG. This time around was nowhere near as influential.

That said, I still think he could poll 2 or 3. All the best players - Shaw, Garlett, Reid, Blair, Robinson in that order imo - were outside the midfield, so I'm a bit skeptical that they'll actually poll well.

At a guess:
3 - Judd
2 - Blair
1 - Swan

I'd say Shaw 3, Judd 2 and Blair 1. I'm most comfortable with Shaw for the 3 he absolutely tore it up and continually did more than his fair share in the back half. I'm more concerned about Judd for the 2 but think he;ll take it due to his accumulation of posi's and line breaking capabilities (and freak like polling) more so than his kicking and delivery which at times was very, well...un-Juddy. Lastly, Blair gets the 1 for kicking 5 straight. Even though I think as a player in a one on one situation he would struggle dearly, Carltons defenders made it easy for him to find space in the forward line and bag goals as all of the Pies superstars drew open large areas (by attracting the attention of Carltons backline) up front for Blair to run into and snag goals. Nuff said...

A couple of games I had trouble with but this is what I came up with.

Collingwood v Carlton
3 - J Blair
2 - C Judd
1 - H Shaw

Bulldogs v Gold Coast
3 - M Boyd
2 - G Ablett
1 - D Cross

Adelaide v Fremantle
3 - N Fyfe
2 - D Mundy
1 - S Thompson

Richmond v Hawthorn
3 - S Burgoyne
2 - S Savage
1 - L Hodge (not sure if Franklin will poll here????)

West Coast v Sydney
3 - A Goodes
2 - J Bolton
1 - D Cox

Melbourne v Brisbane
3 - B Moloney
2 - T Rockliff
1 - L Power

Geelong v Port Adelaide
3 - J Bartel
2 - J Kelly
1 - J Selwood