Game Brownlow Medal 2024. Name your top 5 place getters in order (Closet to the pin gets to troll Zackah with #Impunity for a year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it weird Geelong had no midfielders poll over 10 votes and Brisbanes midfield ran riot on them on the weekend
Tom Stewart polled 12 and played Midfield :)

But nice injury trolling of Holmes.

It's more interesting that despite Cripps and Walsh apparently forming an elite midfield, Carlton fell short again :(

Tom Stewart polled 12 and played Midfield :)

But nice injury trolling of Holmes.

It's more interesting that despite Cripps and Walsh apparently forming an elite midfield, Carlton fell short again :(
Uh how am I injury trolling Holmes?

Stewart played back against us, I remember Cincotta kicking snags on him for fun :$

It needs to be said Cripps broke the voting record in the Centenary of the Brownlow.
Congratulations to Cripps.. saying that now as I fell asleep during the count haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously a lot of talk around 45 votes and whether it was deserved so I've analysed my own publicly available votes from the 5-4-3-2-1 system on the Carlton board

Format here is Round-Result-BrownlowVotes-MyVotes

OR-W-0-No votes
R1-W-3-5 votes
R2-B-0-NA
R3-W-3-I didn't do votes.
R4-W-2-4 votes, I gave the 5 to Weitering so no surprises Umps overlooked defender.
R5-L(2points)-0-I didn't do votes
R6-W-3-I didn't do votes
R7-L(2goals)-2-4 votes, I gave the 5 to Weitering so no surprises Umps overlooked defender.
R8-L(1goal)-0-2votes
R9-W-3-3votes, again behind Weitering so no surprises the Umps over looked defender, but I did have Walsh ahead (Walsh 1 vote in Brownlow)
R10-L(9goals)-0-I didn't do votes
R11-W-3-I didn't do votes
R12-W-3-4 votes, I gave 5 to TDK so no real surprises the Umps overlooked ruckman
R13-W-2-1vote to Cripps, with umps overlooking key position players
R14-B-0-NA
R15-W-3-3 votes, behind TDK so no surprises ruckman overlooked but I did have Walsh ahead (Walsh 2 votes in Brownlow)
R16-W-3-4 votes, I had Walsh ahead
R17-L(2goals)-1-5 votes
R18-L(2goals)-2-5 votes
R19-W-3-5 votes
R20-L(2goals)-0-1vote
R21-L(3points)-3-5 votes
R22-L(12 goals)-0-4votes
R23-W-3-5votes
R24-L(2points)-3-3votes, behind Saad a defender so not all that surprising, but also behind Walsh (Walsh no votes in Brownlow)

So looking at that theres no surprises as its a tale as old of time that the mids will get the votes ahead of defenders/rucks etc so there was just the 3 times I had Walsh ahead where Cripps polled higher than Walsh. That still wasn't enough for him to not win the Brownlow though.

Obviously that also doesn't take into account the opposition players but the two heavy losses Cripps got no votes. The other losses all close losses so getting votes is fine. There was also a couple times we won but oppo got 3 votes.

Could you say the record 45 votes is inflated, possibly. But still a well deserving winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Brownlow Medal 2024. Name your top 5 place getters in order (Closet to the pin gets to troll Zackah with #Impunity for a year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back